Comfort of Sofa Sleepers

Wilver

Mouseketeer
We are little nervous about our upcoming stay at SSR and AKV. We have 2 adults and 2 kids and several of us are going to have to sleep in the sofa bed. How comfortable are sofa beds in the DVC villas? I keep thinking back to the sofa beds of my past, where the mattress was thin and the cross rail dug into your back, making for an uncomfortable night of sleep. Should we prepare for a sleepless night? Thanks!

The sofa beds in the new and renovated rooms don't have a bar.

:earsboy: Bill

My DB is usually the one to get the sofa bed (he's 6' 3") and he's never had a problem!

For people who have a problem, we sometimes use a thin air mattress on top of the sofa bed mattress.

My DD had no problem with the one at BCV this year and last summer, my DS 21 had no issue at all with the ones at BLT, VWL, or BWV.

My parents ended up with the sofa bed at AKV, and said it was quite comfortable. They had brought an egg crate to put on it, but didn't need it.

For the past several years my son used the sofa bed and considered it quite comfortable at SSR. Last week he found it very uncomfortable and slept on the closed couch. It may just be the age/use of the furniture and the replacements may be better.

I'm happy to report that the sofa sleepers at both the SSR and AKV passed our tests. Both sofas were similar in build and very comfortable. Apparently, sofa sleeper design has advanced considerably from the days that I recall. These sleepers had a thick mattress that was cut into sections and engineered to fit close together when opened. No metals bars poking through or other obstacles to a good nights sleep.

As one who has had to use the sofa bed on some trips, my view is the following: they are not as awful as those thin ones with the cross-rail you remember; however, they definitely are not as comfortable as a bed either. They are adequate.

My friends found the Kidani sofa beds to be just ok. We ended up requesting the egg crate foam and they put 2 layers of it on there and then found it much more comfortable.

My 2 DS's never complained about the ones at OKW. But then after a long day doing the parks commando style they would pass out as soon as their heads hit a pillow. They are 21 and 23 now and have been taking off and doing the parks on their own for quite some time now.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter