comedy club

sln88

WDW 10/22/05 Wonder 10/27/05!
what ages do they let you in for the comedy club if you are with a parent, and what age would it be appropriate for?

we will probably have pluses on our passes and I would only be able to take my 15 year old cause DH will be too tired.

I don't think there is an age limit. The last time we were on PI we took our two DDs, ages 9 & 12, to both the comedy club and the Adventures Club. Just be aware that some of the topics are mature in nature, but we didn't hear any vulgar language.

I thought the comedy club starts late and that you have to be a certain age to go into pleasure island, or am i mistaken.

The last few times we visited PI, we noticed there were kids in some of the clubs. But, I am pretty sure there is an age limit at The Comedy Club(I think 21).

Minors under 18 are allowed in PI if they are accompanied by parents at all times.

The Comedy Warehouse does not have an age limit. The only age-limited clubs are Mannequins and BET Soundstage.

The only clubs that have age limits are BET Soundstage and Mannequins. You MUST be 21 to get in those clubs. There is no age limit to get in PI. If you are underage with a parent or guardian you don't get a wristband I think. Where if you are of age you get one.

As far as appropriate age for CW, 15 is IMO fine.

Or is the stuff too adult oriented?

I read somewhere that you have to get there early to get in a show- is that right?

And that Thursdays are out because it is when cast members go?

Thanks for your replies

My DS enjoyed at 15 and 14 and 13. We didn't go to just the early show either. The humor is improv and no worse then primetime television.

You know your kid so follow your instincts.

Our kids love "Who's Line is it Anyway" and sometimes that gets a bit raunchy, so I don't think I'll be shocked if we take them to CW! We are planning on the 7-9 timeframe and have it scheduled for Sunday, so hopefully it will be tame!

If the kids do not get a wristband, do they still get the "plus" visit taken off their pass? Anyone know? Natt

Natt if they are old enough to need a ticket (3 or up) they will use a plus option to get in. The wristband just tells workers that you are over 18 and can be there without an adult by your side. That is how it was when my DDs were under 18 (3 years ago).

Originally posted by sln88
Or is the stuff too adult oriented?

Well, I guess that depends on what you mean by "adult oriented." They don't do political humor, no references to books or ideas or anything like that. As I recall, most of the show consisted of crude stereotyping and poo poo jokes.

I think it could be called "adult oriented" because it would take about half a dozen adult beverages to make their show seem funny.

I guess it's fair to say I'm not really a fan . . .

"I think it could be called "adult oriented" because it would take about half a dozen adult beverages to make their show seem funny."

Not worth the time to go? I like comedy clubs, but rarely have the time at home to go.

I guess it's fair to say I'm not really a fan .

I think this is the key line to alvernon90 post. He doesn't care for the CW. Only you can decide worth. But my DS has loved the CW for years. Don't write it off due to one disenting post.

This show is based primarily on audience suggestions. It's the audience that comes up with most of the "poo-poo jokes" (which won't be allowed to get too scatological for a WDW audience). I've seen some of these shows turn out really well when the performers are given suggestions they can actually work with and not worry about whether or not they might end up going too over the top for Disney's liking.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter