• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Come to the Dark Side...We Have Cookies...(updates 4/3)

This morning JJ woke up with a belly ache. I think it was because he overdid it last night at SWW. He had a great time, was dressed up as a storm trooper and posed for so many people for pictures. I pulled the plug, and he was upset I was making him stop. As soon as he took his helmet off, he said he felt tired and wanted to go to bed. While he walked all over the park in costume, he was wheeled to the car. His stomach was sick this morning but after checking out of the resort, and drinking lots of fluids once he could hold them down, he now feels good and is watching Star Wars on DVD.

Next weekend will be less SWW. DH works on Friday and JJ has play practice Saturday. The next weekend SWW will end for him on Saturday since Sunday he has 8 hours of play practice for tech set up.

Glad JJ is feeling better. That's so cool that everyone wanted pictures with him too!! So cute!!

Hope you're having an enjoyable Memorial Day!!

How cool the interaction was caught by the pp photographer!!!!

Yes! It was a pleasant surprise. I didn't even see him.

It was really hard leaving James with him crying since he is m baby and all but I knew it was good for both of us!! I'd give him a hug and kiss and tell him I'd see him soon and to have fun so I never used the words "good bye". I didn't want him to think we were never coming back. I did mess up one night by being on Deck 10 (they were on Deck 11 and could see Deck 10 from the windows) and he saw me. Luckily the ladies in the kids club were quick thinkers and told James "Look James, there's mommy!! She'll be coming to get you soon!!!" It calmed him down right away!! I know that doesn't work for every child but it did work for mine.

It's actually healing better than I thought it would. I need to take an updated picture and post it. It's looking pretty good and next week we will get in to the doctor to get it checked out. Once I call that is and make our appointment.

I'll need to call my dentist and find out. I hadn't heard of that before!!!

I hope you are able to figure out the ant problem!!! I know it's no fun to have an ant infestation. When I first moved out of my parent's house my ex husband and I moved into a brand new house and had ant's make a home in our waterbed!!!! I didn't know why I had all these bug bites on my legs until I pushed back the foot of our waterbed and found the ants!!! Needless to say I didn't sleep in our bed for a good week until it the problem was taken care of!!! I hope you don't have any more problems are able to continue to enjoy SWW!!!

I have a friend with a pretty big scars. She spent years of making sure it was covered when she was out in the sun. You can't even see them now. I followed her advice when Grumpy fell while iceskating and needed 14 stitches near his eye. You have to get up close to see it now.

Thankfully the ants were at the hotel and not at our house. I made sure I kept everything closed while we were there. Any food I opened, I put in a zip lock bag. Any food garbage, I used the garbage disposal and rinsed out the containers and soda cans/bottles.

We are back home again. Last night it was dh's turn to get bit, but it was mosquitos outside. Thankfully JJ didn't get any bites.

Glad JJ is feeling better. That's so cool that everyone wanted pictures with him too!! So cute!!

Hope you're having an enjoyable Memorial Day!!

Once we got home all I've been doing is laundry. Other than that, we have been having a relaxing day. Dh made a t-shirt of the drawings he's done. We are watching Episode II of Star Wars.

We are back in that same room again this weekend. The air conditioner is fixed, the room is nice and cool, but this time, I keep finding giant red ants. I got bit behind my knee early this morning...in bed. Yikes! I felt a tickle and wacked it an realized it was a bug. I don't do bugs very well. It was a pretty big ant. I think it must have been some kind of fire ant because it was more of a sting than a bite.

Yikes. It doesn't seem like you guys have had such a great experience at the hotel this time. I hope your bites/stings are healing up. I'm glad JJ never got bitten. Sorry to hear he wasn't feeling too well, but it sounds like he is doing better. :goodvibes

His new seizures sound scary. I hope the neurologist figures out what's wrong and can help treat it.

:hug::hug:

I have a friend with a pretty big scars. She spent years of making sure it was covered when she was out in the sun. You can't even see them now. I followed her advice when Grumpy fell while iceskating and needed 14 stitches near his eye. You have to get up close to see it now.

Thankfully the ants were at the hotel and not at our house. I made sure I kept everything closed while we were there. Any food I opened, I put in a zip lock bag. Any food garbage, I used the garbage disposal and rinsed out the containers and soda cans/bottles.

We are back home again. Last night it was dh's turn to get bit, but it was mosquitos outside. Thankfully JJ didn't get any bites.

Once we got home all I've been doing is laundry. Other than that, we have been having a relaxing day. Dh made a t-shirt of the drawings he's done. We are watching Episode II of Star Wars.

What did you guys put on the scars to help them? I've been putting Neosporin and can kind of see the one on the top of his ear but other than that you can't really tell he had stitches.

I wish I didn't have to deal with them at home!! Besides spiders I really hate ants!! I think it's because they are so small and annoying!! They can get through the smallest cracks! :headache:

Ugh!! Mosquitos!! I hate them too!! They seem to target me and my dad anytime we are out and so are they!! No one else gets bit but us!! :mad: So not fair!

Yeah I know all about laundry!! Still working on that from our week away too!!

We watched Ice Age before the kids went to bed. Jeremy wanted Star Wars but got out voted by his brother and sister. :rotfl2: Poor kid!!!

Yikes. It doesn't seem like you guys have had such a great experience at the hotel this time. I hope your bites/stings are healing up. I'm glad JJ never got bitten. Sorry to hear he wasn't feeling too well, but it sounds like he is doing better. :goodvibes

His new seizures sound scary. I hope the neurologist figures out what's wrong and can help treat it.

:hug::hug:

I got a survey in my email this morning to fill out online for this resort.

He had a really good night. Though he did have one of those chocking/coughing spells in the late afternoon. That was the first in a while.

What did you guys put on the scars to help them? I've been putting Neosporin and can kind of see the one on the top of his ear but other than that you can't really tell he had stitches.

I wish I didn't have to deal with them at home!! Besides spiders I really hate ants!! I think it's because they are so small and annoying!! They can get through the smallest cracks! :headache:

Ugh!! Mosquitos!! I hate them too!! They seem to target me and my dad anytime we are out and so are they!! No one else gets bit but us!! :mad: So not fair!

Yeah I know all about laundry!! Still working on that from our week away too!!

We watched Ice Age before the kids went to bed. Jeremy wanted Star Wars but got out voted by his brother and sister. :rotfl2: Poor kid!!!

At first he wasn't allowed to put anything on it. Then we covered it with hats. Once he was able to wear sunscreen we had him apply it religiously. The man thing was keeping it out of the sun.

We have Terminex spray quarterly outside and inside as needed for insects. We had termites in 2004, so we also have an annual termite inspection. We store opened food in air tight containers. There for a while we were having acrobat ants everywhere outside. But their spraying took care of that.

The woes of having younger siblings...lol.

At first he wasn't allowed to put anything on it. Then we covered it with hats. Once he was able to wear sunscreen we had him apply it religiously. The man thing was keeping it out of the sun.

We have Terminex spray quarterly outside and inside as needed for insects. We had termites in 2004, so we also have an annual termite inspection. We store opened food in air tight containers. There for a while we were having acrobat ants everywhere outside. But their spraying took care of that.

The woes of having younger siblings...lol.

I'll have to make sure I keep it covered as much as possible especially this summer if we plan to spend anytime out side. We went to the Dr. today for his follow up visit and we found a small piece of one of the stitches still in his ear!! Luckily it was still sticking out and the Dr. was able to remove it. I don't blame the Dr. on the cruise ship at all for missing it because the ship was rocking the day we got the stitches removed. didn't even phase Jeremy when it got pulled out today. He said it was a little sting but nothing more than that.

I think our HOA has someone spray monthly but we live up against a green belt (nature area) so we get lots of funky spiders and ants. The cool thing about where we live though is we have some wildlife. We've seen coyotes, foxes, deer and just a few miles away about 3 years ago they had to take down a mountain lion!! Kind of amazing that we have this area in the middle of a busy city.

So sorry about JJ health issues, but on a brighter note I LOVED the pictures of him as a storm trooper...I think he has a future as a Disney Character!

Hello, Friend! I got up this am, got a cup of coffee and the iPad and sat to catch up. I've missed so much! Love hearing all the updates from DHS! JJs pics with the characters at the dance are my favorite! Can't wait for more! You are leaving today for the weekend, right? Have fun!

Hated JJ is having those coughing/choking issues? Praying it something simple like reflux and not anything neuro. I cringe when I hear about his visits to the dentist! My least fav place.

The play sounds amazing! Wow...a lot of practice times! Buddy ball end of season party sounded fun! What a great group! Do they have a Fall season as well?

Things are going well here! Shane is healing really well. We are 8 weeks from surgery. Had some aches and pains that come and go but overall has improved greatly over last 3 weeks. I had to go to Vegas for a conference two weeks ago and was hard to be away from him. Got great news that I passed my certification that I took while I was in Florida! Was so happy that was done!

Have a great pic to send to JJ that I took in Vegas. I'll post today and respond to your message. (Thanks for checking on me! )

Have a sunshiny day!

Here we are, and we didn't leave our house yet for SWW. Not sure what is happening today. JJ and dh are sleeping. Grumpy has to get up for work soon. DH has to go into work today too. I have to check into the resort and get 2 parking passes. Then drop a key and parking pass off to dh at work. JJ and I are not staying at the resort tonight. He has play practice tomorrow.

After play practice, we'll head to SWW. I have to decide if I'm going to take JJ solo or not. Today will be the first time in years that I am driving alone with him in the car for a long distance.

Last Thursday after meeting up with LisaM (mickeystoontown) we checked into the resort. DH went to work and I took JJ for supper at Wendy's. We went to the drive thru. He wanted a vanilla frosty, but the machine was done. I had to drive away empty handed as he had a total meltdown in the back seat. He was hitting my seat with anything he could find. I couldn't go anywhere until he calmed down. He felt very remorseful afterwards. Apologized. He hasn't had a fit of rage like that in a very long time. We discussed how it must have looked to people watching. It's very important to him to please others. He's watched a friend of his have meltdowns and he didn't like watching it. We talked about that.

Eventually we did get out for supper. Instead of chicken nuggets and a frosty at Wendy's; we ended up at Publix for rotisserie chicken and Cold Stone for a milkshake.

Anyway the point of my blabbing on and on, is that it is difficult to handle a meltdown or seizure while I'm driving. Often there's no place to pull over on the highway, or at least not at the exact moment I need to. Usually one of us will sit with him in the back seat to attend to him if need be.

I'll have to make sure I keep it covered as much as possible especially this summer if we plan to spend anytime out side. We went to the Dr. today for his follow up visit and we found a small piece of one of the stitches still in his ear!! Luckily it was still sticking out and the Dr. was able to remove it. I don't blame the Dr. on the cruise ship at all for missing it because the ship was rocking the day we got the stitches removed. didn't even phase Jeremy when it got pulled out today. He said it was a little sting but nothing more than that.

I think our HOA has someone spray monthly but we live up against a green belt (nature area) so we get lots of funky spiders and ants. The cool thing about where we live though is we have some wildlife. We've seen coyotes, foxes, deer and just a few miles away about 3 years ago they had to take down a mountain lion!! Kind of amazing that we have this area in the middle of a busy city.

Definitely keep it covered. Glad it wasn't painful to have his stitches removed.

So sorry about JJ health issues, but on a brighter note I LOVED the pictures of him as a storm trooper...I think he has a future as a Disney Character!

He is having so much fun with SWW. The health matters are his thorn in his side, I guess. They are there but we aren't going to let them completely dictate our lives.

He says he is going to be a performer for Disney as soon as he doesn't get seizures from getting to hot. Thankfully there have only been 2 times where he minded the heat so far during SWW. The first was after the 2nd time he was in the parade. He walked it and had some trouble after. By the time I got to he and dh after the Celebrity Welcome, he was shaking like crazy and dh was wheeling him quickly to One Man's Dream to cool down. After 15 minutes under an air vent throwing out cold air conditioning and drinking plenty of fluids he was back to himself but a little weak.

Hello, Friend! I got up this am, got a cup of coffee and the iPad and sat to catch up. I've missed so much! Love hearing all the updates from DHS! JJs pics with the characters at the dance are my favorite! Can't wait for more! You are leaving today for the weekend, right? Have fun!

Hey there! Thanks. Yes, sometime today. Not sure, playing it by ear.

Hated JJ is having those coughing/choking issues? Praying it something simple like reflux and not anything neuro. I cringe when I hear about his visits to the dentist! My least fav place.

The neurologist feels it's an increase in neuronal activity because of how long these spells are lasting, how quickly they come on, and how quickly they end. He thinks reflux would bother him more than a couple minutes then stop.

The play sounds amazing! Wow...a lot of practice times! Buddy ball end of season party sounded fun! What a great group! Do they have a Fall season as well?

Starting tomorrow it's full fledge play. Starting Monday they put the whole thing together. Then the next week it's the real deal!

Things are going well here! Shane is healing really well. We are 8 weeks from surgery. Had some aches and pains that come and go but overall has improved greatly over last 3 weeks. I had to go to Vegas for a conference two weeks ago and was hard to be away from him. Got great news that I passed my certification that I took while I was in Florida! Was so happy that was done!

Glad he is healing well. Congrats on your certification. Look forward to seeing your pictures.

Have a great pic to send to JJ that I took in Vegas. I'll post today and respond to your message. (Thanks for checking on me! )

Have a sunshiny day!

sorry to hear about JJ's meltdown, its good you can talk him through it :hug:

know how anxious you are about driving alone with him, sending lots of pixiedust: it will go great!

sending JJ lots of pixiedust: and :goodvibes for the play tomorrow! and that you have a fun time at SWW!

I am so sorry to hear about JJ's meltdown. It is so hard to deal with things like that when you are driving. Why is it our children always chose moments like that to melt down?

I hope you guys have a good weekend!!

I could not sleep last night. I woke up at 3 and had a difficult time falling back to sleep. Talked to DH at 6am. He got in line for autographs just before 5am. He said he is back to the water and cm think he will make it to the 4:30pm session. Fingers crossed. His goal today is to video the opening show with the stormtroopers.

sorry to hear about JJ's meltdown, its good you can talk him through it :hug:

know how anxious you are about driving alone with him, sending lots of pixiedust: it will go great!

sending JJ lots of pixiedust: and :goodvibes for the play tomorrow! and that you have a fun time at SWW!

At first there's no talking through it. If I don't catch it at the earliest stage when it's just about to start. It goes from 0 to 1000 in no time, and there is no way of reasoning or discussing and I have to wait until he either wears himself out or calms himself down.

The drive went well yesterday. He was cooperative.

Hoping they get out early from the play. They are having practice at a church instead of the theater because the theater is already in use. The church is providing lunch for the kids, but they didn't say what's for lunch. Should be interesting, especially if they give him sugar. A juice box of anything but 100% fruit juice will make him so hyper. He'll never focus the remaining 2 hours. And if dessert is included, watch out! Good luck to them.

Yesterday we didn't allow him any sugar because of the driving being me and him. I think that helps.

I am so sorry to hear about JJ's meltdown. It is so hard to deal with things like that when you are driving. Why is it our children always chose moments like that to melt down?

I hope you guys have a good weekend!!

It's bad enough when they happen out of the blue. But when I'm driving it's just not safe. I think this was a matter of the last straw. The frosty machine being down at Wendy's is a pretty common occurrence, and it usually just causes a little disappointment. But I think from being in the hot sun, tired from a full day, this little thing was all he needed to push his buttons.

I hope that DH is able to get that! I know JJ would love that!

That's too bad about the heat affecting JJ like that. You guys are in a bad location for someone that the heat affects them. Just like we are in bad location for someone that suffers from allergies and asthma. Unfortunately it isn't always easy to move.

Hope your DH was able to get that videoed.

Sorry about the melt down. I could only imagine having to deal with the kicking! I've had crying, screaming fits but luckily they can't hit my chair so I just try to tune them out and get wherever I need to go quickly and safely! Glad he was able to finally calm down and you guys were able to get through it.

Hope you had a great rest of the weekend!!

Meltdowns are never easy...and in the car just that much worse. :hug: My oldest had violent meltdowns all the way through her childhood....even causing me to get in a car accident. So I completely understand being cautious when driving.

Hope the video of storm troopers was captured!

Quick check in to see how the weekend went. Hope all went wonderfully!!! Have a great day!

Hi Michele! I wanted to pop in and say hey and that it was so much fun meeting up with you guys at Sea World. JJ is such a sweetheart and was a fantastic tour guide. We laughed and laughed at how he was pointing out each fish and which ones were males and females only to have you whisper to me that he had no idea what he was talking about. I would have never known had you not told me.

:sad2: Melt downs are never good, but he knew when it was over that it was wrong...that is a great thing. Glad that the drive went okay with just the 2 of you!

I hope that DH is able to get that! I know JJ would love that!

That's too bad about the heat affecting JJ like that. You guys are in a bad location for someone that the heat affects them. Just like we are in bad location for someone that suffers from allergies and asthma. Unfortunately it isn't always easy to move.

Dh did get a FP.

It's never happened to me before, but the heat got to me on Saturday. I went down.

I know we moved from PA because Grumpy couldn't handle the cold with his health. Moved here and he never had those health problems again. And JJ is totally opposite.

No it's not easy to move. Sorry about the allergies.

Saturday and Sunday were crazy hot.

Hope your DH was able to get that videoed.

Sorry about the melt down. I could only imagine having to deal with the kicking! I've had crying, screaming fits but luckily they can't hit my chair so I just try to tune them out and get wherever I need to go quickly and safely! Glad he was able to finally calm down and you guys were able to get through it.

Hope you had a great rest of the weekend!!

He got it video taped, but we were at a lousy spot. Didn't know it, but we were right where cm stand. He tried again the next day at another spot.

The rest of the weekend was pretty good. There were some tense moments, my going down, JJ's aura from overheating. But there were some great times too!

Got a great picture of JJ with his cape at the Rancor.

Meltdowns are never easy...and in the car just that much worse. :hug: My oldest had violent meltdowns all the way through her childhood....even causing me to get in a car accident. So I completely understand being cautious when driving.

Hope the video of storm troopers was captured!

Oh my goodness. I hope neither you nor your daughter were hurt in the accident.

First try at the video didn't work, so he tried a second time the next day.

Quick check in to see how the weekend went. Hope all went wonderfully!!! Have a great day!

The weekend had it's ups and down, but more ups than downs!

Hi Michele! I wanted to pop in and say hey and that it was so much fun meeting up with you guys at Sea World. JJ is such a sweetheart and was a fantastic tour guide. We laughed and laughed at how he was pointing out each fish and which ones were males and females only to have you whisper to me that he had no idea what he was talking about. I would have never known had you not told me.

It was great meeting you. I have pictures from that day but did not post them on fb or photobucket. Do you want me to wait until you are at that point in your TR or just go and post them?

I think he truly believed what he was telling you. So many times we have to google fact for him to set him straight. He hears bits and pieces of what Grumpy says about his fish and he forms his fact from that. I guess it's like a legend, somewhere in there, there's a bit of truth.

:sad2: Melt downs are never good, but he knew when it was over that it was wrong...that is a great thing. Glad that the drive went okay with just the 2 of you!

Thanks. I'm glad too. I drove him to DHS and the resort. Then back home later that evening. It was crazy, but we slept at home on Friday, and dh stayed at the resort. JJ had play practice at 10am. It was over at 2 and we headed back to DHS to meet up with dh. Then we all stayed at the resort the remaining nights.

Next weekend will be like that too with play practice.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter