Come out, come out of Lurk-dom!

Hope the stuffy sinus stuff has gone away.

Thanks. It has for now but there are still so many fires around! I am not allowed to take anything that constricts the blood vessels or has psuedoephedrine kind of stuff in it so saline nasal spray and paracetamol are my friends now :(

She's baa-aaack

Who gave me their cold??

I had to take (like they twisted my arm) my time in lieu owing before Melbourne Cup weekend or i'd lose it, so two weeks off.
Wouldn't you know it, I got sick the day i'd normally go back to work (Wednesday) and still have symptoms today (Sunday), to the point where i'm expecting it to turn into an infection.

Other than that i'm really good and the time away from work has helped me re-evaluate where i'm at and make decisions.

6 and a bit weeks until we fly out, I was worried about my decision to fly United but have since learned from others that have flown them internationally recently that they're pretty on par with Qantas.

I hope the time goes very, VERY quickly...

my hubby is nursing a ferocious cold he brought back with him and I am battling not to catch it but not holding out great hopes as he coughs and snorts his way around the house

I sure hope your DH is feeling better! I...er....seemed to have passed mine on to both DH and DS. :crazy2:
We're all taking it easy here.

Pigs in Mud birthday cake

Looks great. Yes, recipe, please.

Thanks. It has for now but there are still so many fires around! I am not allowed to take anything that constricts the blood vessels or has psuedoephedrine kind of stuff in it so saline nasal spray and paracetamol are my friends now :(

YIKES! Take care!

Who gave me their cold??

Don't look at me!

6 and a bit weeks until we fly out,

The time will fly by real quick!

Nobody give me their cold please. I feel like I've been fighting something off for the last few days.

#becpee hope you recover quickly. I wouldn't worry about flying with United either. From what I've heard, they've really upped the ante in terms of service and facilities.

Great shots PIO!

Yesterday DH and I went for another hike. We were planning to do the rail trail at Yea, but given the situation with the fugitives, decided to stick closer to home. We ended up doing nearly 16k of exploration, taking in the pipe reserve track just across the road, some cute hills back streets, coming out at the Olinda Creek Trail, followed that to Lilydale Lake, then back home the boring way through the burbs.

It was a nice walk with some pleasant vistas, but no really stunning scenery or anything. We did end up on one fairly worrisome road, which we had to walk along for quite a while. It was narrow and hilly, and there was nowhere to get off when cars came along. We won't go that way again! The dogs liked the creek part best ;)

Nobody give me their cold please. I feel like I've been fighting something off for the last few days.

#becpee hope you recover quickly. I wouldn't worry about flying with United either. From what I've heard, they've really upped the ante in terms of service and facilities.
This cold is horrible, I have those little blistery bits from blowing and rubbing my nose and was worried I had a splinter from using the tissues, I started feeling a little off on Tuesday and by Wednesday I thought I was dying :sad:

I'm at peace with my decision to fly United now LOL I just want to get there!

It was the inaugural Yarra Valley Balloon Festival this weekend. We had time to dash down there on Saturday night for the kick-off festivities.

I love your shots! Such a talent!!

This cold is horrible, I have those little blistery bits from blowing and rubbing my nose and was worried I had a splinter from using the tissues, I started feeling a little off on Tuesday and by Wednesday I thought I was dying :sad:

I'm at peace with my decision to fly United now LOL I just want to get there!

That sounds yuk, @becpee. Take care.

You'll be fine with United....especially now that they have IFE.

Oh I hate when that happens - it's the worst!

Hope you're feeling better soon Becpee.

@AussieWendy We actually went to Natural Bridge! I was feeling a bit over all the concrete and urban energy so we went out for a hike one afternoon. I love it out there. We stayed at O'Reilly's several years ago and did some hiking through Lamington. It really is the most magnificent area.

Back to work for me tomorrow...

I'm here :wave:45 days till our trip to Europe! So very excited :cool1:. I haven't had a lot of time to plan this trip so it's all a bit up in the air, but we are excited and ready to go! We are not thinking about the state of the AUD:( We're just going to have the best holiday ever, and spend the rest of our lives paying it off :hyper:. I need to get over to my planning thread and update!

I'll tell you a funny story. We are stopping in HK for 4 nights on our way home to visit my BFF. I was speaking with her the other day and said that we would take her 6 year old with us to HK Disneyland one day while she is at work. She said "no, we will take you to Ocean Park, it's so much better then Disneyland". I was all :rotfl:excuse me, are you serious? There's NOTHING better then Disney!! Then she said that we will be "Disneyed out" after going to Disneyland Paris and again I was :rotfl:are you kidding me? There's no such thing!!

Anyway, we fly out of Perth 9th Dec and are at DLP 23-26 Dec and then Hong Kong 14 - 17 Jan so will visit HKDL one day during our stay :Pinkbounc

Hope you're feeling better soon Becpee.

@AussieWendy We actually went to Natural Bridge! I was feeling a bit over all the concrete and urban energy so we went out for a hike one afternoon. I love it out there. We stayed at O'Reilly's several years ago and did some hiking through Lamington. It really is the most magnificent area.

Back to work for me tomorrow...

The last time I went to the Natural Bridge was when I was 14 lol! I remember it being nice though, and still have photos of it lying around somewhere.

I'm here :wave:45 days till our trip to Europe! So very excited :cool1:. I haven't had a lot of time to plan this trip so it's all a bit up in the air, but we are excited and ready to go! We are not thinking about the state of the AUD:( We're just going to have the best holiday ever, and spend the rest of our lives paying it off :hyper:. I need to get over to my planning thread and update!

I'll tell you a funny story. We are stopping in HK for 4 nights on our way home to visit my BFF. I was speaking with her the other day and said that we would take her 6 year old with us to HK Disneyland one day while she is at work. She said "no, we will take you to Ocean Park, it's so much better then Disneyland". I was all :rotfl:excuse me, are you serious? There's NOTHING better then Disney!! Then she said that we will be "Disneyed out" after going to Disneyland Paris and again I was :rotfl:are you kidding me? There's no such thing!!

Anyway, we fly out of Perth 9th Dec and are at DLP 23-26 Dec and then Hong Kong 14 - 17 Jan so will visit HKDL one day during our stay :Pinkbounc

:lmao:

HKDL is my favourite park at the moment! No way I would miss it. Other people just don't get it :confused3

:wave: Hope you've been well! Sounds like you have a great vacay coming up.

Your BFF is f-u-n-n-y! But she does have a point. Ocean Park is great.

We really enjoyed the animals and cable car in Ocean Park - but over Disney? Nup she don't get it. Zanzibar DH put HK last on his lists of parks - too small for him. I would have liked a few more Fantasy land rides but he was also getting sick and missed a little bit.

Becpee your cold sounds like DH, so sorry but at least it will be gone by your hol. Hope you are feeling better by now.

Will post cake recipe tonight.

Zanzibar DH put HK last on his lists of parks - too small for him. I would have liked a few more Fantasy land rides but he was also getting sick and missed a little bit.

I'm pretty weird. Most people rate HK as their least favourite Disney park. It is pretty small, but I just love the atmosphere there. Will be interesting to see what happens to it when Shanghai opens.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter