Come out, come out of Lurk-dom!

How exciting! Where did you book? By late September when the Halloween parties start, the worst of the heat should be over.

Checking in!

Back to normal programming this week and w-o-r-k. Hopefully, that means a more consistent routine and a bit more Dis time.

As much as I would have liked some more holidays, I have to admit that I like the routine that comes with going to work - it's much easier to make sure I eat right and do my exercise.

Speaking of which, I went to the doc this morning and he said my foot is healed enough to start training again :cheer2:

Checking in!

Back to normal programming this week and w-o-r-k. Hopefully, that means a more consistent routine and a bit more Dis time.

Yay and boo!! I have been back at work since last week but working from home today and taking longer off than I should - means I will have to catch up and do some hours from home Friday as well - lol! It all started because I "had" to finish my Dr Who Lego build before breakfast and the day went downhill (workwise) from there!!

Mine was very gentle. Last week there were only a handful of us there, and gradually been building up. Still a little more quiet than usual, but getting back to a more normal level now.

No holidays for me. Just the usual public holidays. Hubby worked all the way through with Christmas Day, Boxing Day and New Years included. We've never had them normal holidays

My return to work has been a thud! I feel like I haven't even had holidays o_O Just nuts. Oh well only 11 months until my next lot LOL My partner has gone away for a month so I've literally hit the ground running with back to work full time and parenting solo. I'm sucking it up for Disney!!

aussie shaz, this is the first year for a while that I've actually been able to have any time off over Christmas, so I feel your pain. For the last few years I've just had the public holidays too (used to work at a berry farm - gotta make sure those raspberries are on the shelves for Christmas and New Year!).

Zosha, I always feel like that when get back from a trip! It's only because I have photos of us away that I actually believe we went sometimes lol!

Booked my 11 nights in Nov/Dec 2016 to Kidani at the World. Wonder who else will be there for a catch-up / photo opportunity just like last trip hey PrincessInOz?

Hello Hello Hello! Long time no speak...I pop in and read all the time but have not much disney happening so haven't been posting :(
Am hoping and praying we get to finally return to Disney at the end of this year! My daughter is starting Kindy this Monday (omg I remember announcing on here I was pregnant...how time flys!) and I have found out the date it ends for the year so I know when to look for flights lol Just aren't seeing anything cheap in December yet!

Booked my 11 nights in Nov/Dec 2016 to Kidani at the World. Wonder who else will be there for a catch-up / photo opportunity just like last trip hey PrincessInOz?

Hey! Nice seeing you back here.

YAY for another trip to WDW. Super jealous! Wish I could be there for another catch up with you.
I'm still waiting to see if I can get reasonably priced flights to Europe for the June/July school holidays (yeah....I can hear the laughing out there). Otherwise, I might not be going on vacay this year.

Hello Hello Hello! Long time no speak...I pop in and read all the time but have not much disney happening so haven't been posting :(
Am hoping and praying we get to finally return to Disney at the end of this year! My daughter is starting Kindy this Monday (omg I remember announcing on here I was pregnant...how time flys!) and I have found out the date it ends for the year so I know when to look for flights lol Just aren't seeing anything cheap in December yet!

Kindergarten!!! Already???

Yup. Time does fly!

We haven't really found a specific good time to buy airfares. DH normally spends a lot of time researching the best value options available at the time. We don't mind flying in a roundabout way though (DH is returning from his long weekend trip to Thailand via Abu Dhabi...), so it's usually easy to find *someone* who has a good special/deal. It can be trickier if you want to fly direct or with a particular airline.

So I can find a return Ade-LA fare for $1300. Does that sound like a reasonable deal?

Ok First world problems, I know.

I have my flights on hold with Qantas. I only want to fly them and I can't negotiate on my dates really, especially not the departure. It works out at 1300pp. My only concern is booking internal flights on a separate ticket and getting stung with baggage fees etc. The 2 internal flights I will need are Phoenix to MCO and MCO to LAX.
I just went and saw a travel agent and she said that it would be cheaper to put everything on the one ticket but that it can't be booked yet because the American airlines release their flights a bit later. If I book later then I might not get the cheap Qantas deal. She said anything between 1200-1400 is a good deal. I've never booked directly with an American airline before and I've read all sorts of horror stories about how ruthless they can be! ;-)
What to do, what to do. It is ages before we leave, but budget is very much guiding this holiday!! :rolleyes: To book or not to book, that is the question!

Oh, and the TA said that the travel expos are soon and that you can generally get pretty good flight deals with that. Has anybody found that to be the case?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter