Come on.............REALLY?

Was just fumbling around the disney web and thought Id see how much a stay was at the contemporary

Who can afford this? The lower prices are HIGH on the hog for me, but REALY the upper prices, come on...............

These are copy and past prices I was quoted right of Disneys reservation web for June 5th-11th

Disney's Contemporary Resort
Rooms from $280 to $2,885
per night**

Disney's Polynesian Resort
Rooms from $355 to $2,910
per night**

Disney's Animal Kingdom Lodge
Rooms from $240 to $2,920
per night**

I agree. Too pricey for me, just for a place to sleep.I'll take my motorhome any day. And have a great place to stay:love:

Cherie

I bought our camper used for less than that! For 2K Mickey better be rubbing my feet every day when I get back to the room!

Yep. That's one reason we purchased DVC.

To comfortably house our family of 6, the price was out of the ballpark.

I have always wanted to stay at Grand Floridian, so every trip I price it out... Over $6000 for a week, not including the dining plan.

That's why we are coming back to the fort. Even including fuel to tow the camper, I'm only spending $2500 for the same 8 days.

I figure that's 2 1/2 FtW trips for 1 GF.

Wish I wasn't so cheap.

j

I have always wanted to stay at Grand Floridian, so every trip I price it out... Over $6000 for a week, not including the dining plan.

That's why we are coming back to the fort. Even including fuel to tow the camper, I'm only spending $2500 for the same 8 days.

I figure that's 2 1/2 FtW trips for 1 GF.

Wish I wasn't so cheap.

j

Not cheap, Frugal:)

Cherie

I agree! We are coming down in June for a short 5 day stay with our Grandkids but due to difficulty with getting off from work we will be flying down and staying at a value instead of the Fort :guilty:, . Our daughter is a teacher so we can only get down there with her in peak season, so we can't even use any discounts (so far). The price we are paying for the value is running us about $300 more than a preferred site at the Fort would have for the same period. Also, we need to buy all meals out on this trip, hence costing even more. All in all, its not too much of a difference as would be a moderate or deluxe room. At least we will still be at DISNEY..:woohoo::woohoo:

Not cheap, Frugal:)

Cherie

I wouldn't even call that frugal. It's using common sense!

When we first started visiting WDW, we got a suite in the Contemporary wing. It cost us about $150 a night for the six of us, cheaper than two rooms. Now that same suite is over $2,000 per night. Give me the fort!

There are other reasons to love the Fort. I like my bed, kitchen and bathroom. I have space around me instead of maybe a hall on one side and MAYBE a balcony on the other. There are trees, wildlife (four footed), walkways, entertainment, etc. Gotta love the Fort.

For that 2 grand a night you are still not guaranteed there are no bed bugs. So there is another reason I'll stick with my camper. If I hit the lottery and want high end, I'll buy a million dollar motorhome. For now my class C is just fine.

Dan

I wouldn't spend 2K a night, but I wouldn't mind staying at the Poly or the WL during value season. For as much as some rigs cost, it wouldn't be that big of a stretch to stay at a deluxe resort.

For as much as some rigs cost, it wouldn't be that big of a stretch to stay at a deluxe resort.
My DW used to say the same thing, but even with the $2500 for FtW, Tickets and fuel PLUS 12 months of camper payments, it is still cheaper than the week at the GF.

j

I hear ya. Right now even the Fort has been out of my price range with all the other expenses around here. At 9 mpg and nearly 3.20 per gallon for gas, it's just not happening for us for a while unless we got other things under control.

But, thank God we've got the DISBoards and they haven't raised their prices yet!

We're just making plans for state park camping this year for the most part and one trip for 4 nights on Assateague Island at $20 per night in April. That's another thing that makes the trailer payments a lot more tolerable, being able to afford quick weekends away for sanity breaks.

I can't imagine having the chance to stay at the Contemporary for $150 per night - probably seemed like a fortune at the time.s

We have stayed at the deluxe, moderate and value resorts. The Fort wins hands down.

Wow, I think I'll take that spot at the Fort for our NYE cruise on the Dream and leave it there for our return. We're in Naples for the winter and bringing the family down the cruise. Maybe our dog can stay on the coach with a daughter who definitely can't cruise. She loves Disney though.:goodvibes

For that 2 grand a night you are still not guaranteed there are no bed bugs. So there is another reason I'll stick with my camper. If I hit the lottery and want high end, I'll buy a million dollar motorhome. For now my class C is just fine.

Dan

:thumbsup2 You and me both brother!!!

I posted a thread a while back and how IMO I can't justify the over $300 per night for a cabin. I know your at the fort and it lets alot of people who don't have an RV experience the magic of the fort but like I stated in my other thread, we have friends who would love to come to the fort with us but don't have an RV and to stay 3 nights in a cabin would be close to $1000 they just don't have. The contempory or GF would be a better choice in my opinion for the price. I could see $125 or maybe even $150 for the cabins but over $300 is insane

I posted a thread a while back and how IMO I can't justify the over $300 per night for a cabin. I know your at the fort and it lets alot of people who don't have an RV experience the magic of the fort but like I stated in my other thread, we have friends who would love to come to the fort with us but don't have an RV and to stay 3 nights in a cabin would be close to $1000 they just don't have. The contempory or GF would be a better choice in my opinion for the price. I could see $125 or maybe even $150 for the cabins but over $300 is insane

$Buc,

I agree with you about paying rack rates for the FW cabins. That's why I would offer as an alternative to rent a camper (pop-up or 5th wheel) and rent a campsite at the Fort instead. No one loves the FW cabins more than me but the cost makes me gulp when I think about it. :scared1:

The FW cabins make sense for a larger group/family when you can get a substantial discount or free dining (if that fits your group). I myself am booking shorter trips to the Fort during prime pricing (like early April later this year) and longer trips during Value pricing (early May this year). I have a pop-up but I'm watching the site prices go up annually and adjusting accordingly.

Vote with your feet everyone. If some times of year are too expensive, go during lower cost times. The Fort will still be there for you.

Bama ED :dance3:

I have a camper that I keep at a wonderful wooded campground...1200 for the whole season Apr to Oct..and I can leave it there during the off season. When I go to Disney...have to admit..I love the Yacht Club. (Only with discounts)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter