Come on ... Give it up for the Carousel of Progress!

One of my favorite attractions. We go on it many times each year. I miss the old song.

I heart CoP. Always have, always will.

Needs another room or at least an update to the last one, lol.

Has the CoP been updated. I liked it when I was 12 in 1980, but wonder if it tomorrow is now today. I was so disappointed when I got to the top of Spaceship Earth and the ending technology was basically today (this was in 2005 and I guess it has since been updated.

Looking forward to CoP and HoP.

Wait, so which song is playing now, "Great Big Beautiful Tomorrow", or "Now is the Time"? Did they just recently renovate it within the last year or so?

"Great Big Beautiful Tomorrow" is playing now and it is the original song that played at the '64 world's fair. It also played in Disneyland until GE wanted it moved to the MK, the song was then changed to "Now is the Time" to encourage people to buy products now, not later, and then it was switched back to "Great Big Beautiful Tomorrow".

I love to nurse in that attraction. Comfy seats, that song lulling my husband and older children into quasi-coma.

Whee!

My whole family loves CoP, but my DH is the one that is truly in love with the attraction. His favorite scene is the first one (the turn of the century) because everything seemed much more simpler back then. He has always said that if CoP ever got stuck while we were riding, he would not mind waiting because he loves it too much :goodvibes. Another thing, I get so proud of my DD6 and DD8 because they can sing the song A Great Big Beautiful Tomorrow along with the narrator, they know just about every word in that song....I have trained my girls well :goodvibes

My family loves it. And not because it's corny or nostalgic but because it's theme is of the timelessness of the family. Our products may change, but family is still there.

It is an optomistic ride, and why not? We do lead good, blessed lives. If you're vacationing at WDW, you are blessed!

I love to doze while I listen. I just love it but I've seen it so often that I relax now.

DS also likes it and insists on seeing it each time we go.

Everytime I ride Carousel of Progress, it brings back good memories from past trips. Love this ride:love:

i love it too!

hubby (then bf) had never been on it and when we sat down and i started singing the song he just looked lovingly at me or maybe it was an omg what have i gotten myself into?? he thought it was so cute how i knew the lyrics and just sang along quietly.

when we came home, he made my ringtone great big beautiful tomorrow. i've had it for 3 years and i don't think i'll ever change it!

robo...thank you for the back story! i always thought the voices were familiar, but never looked it up.

CoP is my all time FAVORITE ride at Disney...hands down. I Love it. Love it. It was one of Walt's favorites...it was HIS idea and his design. I love sitting there knowing that I am watching something that Walt Disney himself loved and put his heart into. :love:

My family loves it too. It is our tradition to ride CoP first on the first day of vacation. It starts things off on the right foot!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter