Come on Estoppel!!!!

We passed on July 2. This is feeling ridiculous, but according to the timelines of everyone else here, we'll be right on track if we get closing documents at some point over the next couple of days.

I've said it many time for sure. I thought I was done but I'm a runDisney fan and when they changed Tinker Bell to May, June is NOT a good use year in case something happens so I got back on the wait list for direct but we are in the process of purchasing our first resale add on with a new use year that is better for May travel. I told my DH, really, that will be enough.......(for now)

We passed ROFR on July 13 and estoppels requested the same day, so we are on day 31 waiting on estoppels. There doesn't seem to be a rhyme or reason to how long the process takes. We aren't in any real hurry as we are already members and have our May 2016 trip already booked. We are adding a new contract with enough points that we can satisfy our plans for the next few years and give us flexibility in the future with growing families. The part that gets me is the lack of communication for long periods of time. Many DVC members will agree that being a "planner" makes being a member the ideal circumstance. On that note, not having any communication or control over the process makes many of us feel as though we may lose our minds. I just want to know where we are and what the holdup is. Keep me updated regularly. Throw a dog a bone!

We passed ROFR on July 13 and estoppels requested the same day, so we are on day 31 waiting on estoppels. There doesn't seem to be a rhyme or reason to how long the process takes. We aren't in any real hurry as we are already members and have our May 2016 trip already booked. We are adding a new contract with enough points that we can satisfy our plans for the next few years and give us flexibility in the future with growing families. The part that gets me is the lack of communication for long periods of time. Many DVC members will agree that being a "planner" makes being a member the ideal circumstance. On that note, not having any communication or control over the process makes many of us feel as though we may lose our minds. I just want to know where we are and what the holdup is. Keep me updated regularly. Throw a dog a bone!
You make a good point about there being very little transparency/understanding in the process. I wonder if DVC Mike can put together another thread that explains the purchase process from start to finish whether by Direct or Resale. And as part of the resale portion, it can explain what ROFR is (this may already exist; I only scanned the thread topics he currently has) as well as estoppel since that's the one that has people most frustrated and confused. I had never even heard of it until last month when we first started looking to add on and saw how long it extended the process. And of course, closing and getting your member number.

ETA: And of course, he does address much of this in the Direct vs Resale portion of the Info Center

Last edited:
Well...the dog got his bone! We just received our closing documents!!! I'm so excited I can't stand it! Offer made and accepted June 15, passed ROFR July 13 and took 31 days for estoppels. It won't be long now!

Well...the dog got his bone! We just received our closing documents!!! I'm so excited I can't stand it! Offer made and accepted June 15, passed ROFR July 13 and took 31 days for estoppels. It won't be long now!
Congrats! No rhyme or reason for sure . . . We passed rofr on July 10 and are still waiting.

Ooooooo, we passed on July 13 for VWL so maybe we will get our closing papers soon too! Congrats to those who have moved onto the Closing Time thread ;).

30-45 days to confirm points and membership titles and whatnot... silly. The actual task likely takes 5 minutes.

Closing documents were received today.

Passed rofr 6-29
Spelling error corrected on waiver 7-7
Notified through estoppel 8-3
Received closing documents dated 8-4 on 8-5

Now let's see how long it takes the sellers to sign and return then how long it takes to get recorded. I am trying to get documents out today on my end.

Closed-

Passed rofr 6-29
Spelling error corrected on waiver 7-7
Notified through estoppel 8-3
Received closing documents dated 8-4 on 8-5
Closed on 8-13 (Sellers were foreign so took longer to get the docs back)

Passed ROFR 7/13 and email said we would close in approximately 25-30 days. Today is day 32 and I had not heard anything. So per the post-ROFR email I received from our broker to email the closing agent with any questions I emailed asking when we should expect the closing docs. Instantly got an email back saying the closing agent's email did not exist. Ugh, frustrating! We are hoping to close and bank the 2015 points by end of September so we can use the points for a summer trip to DL and a Fall 2016 trip. Otherwise we will have to rent 2015 points or try to swing a December trip this year and skip next year.

Venting…thanks for listening!

Moving over to the Estoppel chat now
$115-$21,600-180-BLT-Feb- 0/'14, 76/'15, 180/'16-sent 7/15, passed ROFR 8/14

Just passed ROFR, looks like I got 30-45 days now for this stage! So excited!

Finally. Received closing docs today. 43 days... See you all on the Closing Time thread.

Passed ROFR 7/13 and email said we would close in approximately 25-30 days. Today is day 32 and I had not heard anything. So per the post-ROFR email I received from our broker to email the closing agent with any questions I emailed asking when we should expect the closing docs. Instantly got an email back saying the closing agent's email did not exist. Ugh, frustrating! We are hoping to close and bank the 2015 points by end of September so we can use the points for a summer trip to DL and a Fall 2016 trip. Otherwise we will have to rent 2015 points or try to swing a December trip this year and skip next year.

Venting…thanks for listening!
Ugh!!!! So frustrating!!! Can you email your broker for the correct contact info for your closing agent? Maybe a typo?

Ok, I'm back here for contract #2. We just heard that we passed ROFR today on our SSR contract. The wait for closing docs on our BLT contract was 43 days. Let's see if this one goes any quicker.

Ok, I'm back here for contract #2. We just heard that we passed ROFR today on our SSR contract. The wait for closing docs on our BLT contract was 43 days. Let's see if this one goes any quicker.
Woo-hoo, congratulations!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter