Come on Estoppel!!!!

We passed ROFR on October 28 (13 days in ROFR), and as I was typing this to say that my email said I would receive closing docs in 2 weeks...I JUST GOT THE DOCS! 1 Day Later!! WOW! Now I have to figure out how to get a cashiers check - hahaha!!!

jillmc40 who did you use for your broker and closing companies? I need to tell TST who is moving quickly.

On the home strech!

Our OKW addon contract

8/20 submitted offer, offer accepted
8/24 submitted for ROFR
9/16 passed ROFR
10/21 received closing documents
10/26 returned closing documents and payment
10/29 closed and recorded in Orange County

Now waiting for the points to show up in our account.

I too am beyond frustrated as to how long it takes to receive the closing docs. There is no excuse as to how long it takes. While we only passed ROFR about a week ago, it shouldn't take too long to plug some info into a standard form and get it sent out. We are paying for this service, after all.

So I complained to Timeshare store today about how long *** was taking on documents and they said they were looking at other companies to use. For anyone that got their documents faster (less than 3 weeks or so after ROFR) can you tell me what closing company you used? Thanks!
Vacation World Title I had my closing documents 7 days after passing ROFR

So I complained to Timeshare store today about how long *** was taking on documents and they said they were looking at other companies to use. For anyone that got their documents faster (less than 3 weeks or so after ROFR) can you tell me what closing company you used? Thanks!

We bought through Fidelity. They used Duncan Title & Escrow for our closing company. We had our closing documents 18 days after we passed ROFR. From what I understand, they can't send closing documents until they get the estoppel letter from Disney so that might contribute to the timing difference. I've also had to correct problems with Duncan's closing information 3 times. It's just little things - gave me two different addresses to mail the signed closing documents and payment, put the wrong amount on the closing documents, and didn't include the mortgage documents. But, if I wasn't watching for those things, it would have caused a delay down the line.

My lender just resent my truth in lending form for us to sign again with corrections from *** on closing costs and APR info completed. I'm crossing my fingers that this means I'll get my closing docs ASAP once I return this corrected form.
Offer made - 8/31/2015
Offer accepted - 8/31/2015
Paperwork sent - 9/1/2015
ROFR Submitted - 9/2/2015
ROFR Passed - 9/23/2015
Closing Docs Received - ??
Closing Docs Returned - ??

Since it's Friday (and I haven't posted this in a while), here is the list of buyers who *should* (statistically speaking) receive their closing documents within the next week (if they haven't already):

CLOSE%20Waiting_Next%20Week%202015-10-30-XL.jpg

Since it's Friday (and I haven't posted this in a while), here is the list of buyers who *should* (statistically speaking) receive their closing documents within the next week (if they haven't already):

CLOSE%20Waiting_Next%20Week%202015-10-30-XL.jpg
I hope so. My lender called me yesterday to say that they've sent all info to *** and from what she understood we'd be receiving closing docs Monday or Tuesday latest.

Received our closing documents on 9/25 (17 days from ROFR) just as we landed in Boston for an 8-day vacation! Sent documents and check out today.

Our deed was posted to the OCC site on 10/21. I attempted to call MS yesterday and they confirmed we are now in their system as of 10/28 and the letter was mailed but points have not been loaded and she would not be able to provide our membership number.

Our deed was posted to the OCC site on 10/21. I attempted to call MS yesterday and they confirmed we are now in their system as of 10/28 and the letter was mailed but points have not been loaded and she would not be able to provide our membership number.
I was posted on OCC site on 10/19 so I should be in the system to then

So apparently our closing company has the estoppel certificate and we are good to close EXCEPT they simply can't get around to it yet. I have two contracts in the works and the TT&M contract is stressing me out.

It is exactly 15 days from ROFR so the estoppel timeline was accurate.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter