Come on dollar! What's your problem?!?

BecBennett

Statistically, 6 out of 7 dwarves are not happy.
Ughh, just watching the $AU drop. Stupid dollar, doesn't it know I was planning on spending that money!! :rotfl:

So far I have about $800US, I keep putting off buying any more, because surely it's going to go back to it's former glory shortly, isn't it?

I know it sucks! I doubt it's going to go up anytime soon but I'm hoping it does t go down anymore either.

I am just hoping it doesn't fall any further too. I know the last few years were unusually high and now the USA economy is recovering so I don't expect it to get better for us.

Agree. It's only going to get worse. Over the next year predictions have stated the possibly of it going down to .75c.

Argghh, it sucks!!! I guess I have been spoiled the last few trips with it being so strong. I was lucky buying in to DVC when it was above parity too. I am hoping it hangs in there for this year. I remember my first trip to the US when it was at 50c, so we're still ok I guess :lmao:

If you want a brighter side to look at though, the airfares are going down with the super low oil prices, I've seen some pretty good fares lately :goodvibes

My first trip was when the dollar was 50c too!!

We are on our way home now and as I severely overestimated the amount of spending money we would need I'm glad it's lower. I'll win on the change :D Especially since I bought most of our money at 97c! I'm happy!

Oh my. This thread made me check the kiwi dollar and it has slipped a lot in the last couple of days. Today it reached it's lowest point in almost 3 years.
Some of my charges in Bali are in US dollars, so I'm also hoping it doesn't slip too much further.

Good for our exporters, but not so great for the travellers and online shoppers amongst us.

That's great Lisa, maybe keep what you have left for your next trip:thumbsup2
When do you get home?
Can't wait to hear all about it

I am glad I listened to my gut back in August, got it for $0.89, not great but also not $0.77 which is what the travel card gets now...all better in my pocket

Our first trip to the US it was around 50c. I am glad we slipped a trip in last year while it was so good. Sorry all of you having to buy now but I agree, I suspect it will be many years til we see almost parity again.

That's great Lisa, maybe keep what you have left for your next trip:thumbsup2 When do you get home? Can't wait to hear all about it

Haha, I did suggest that to DH but apparently there won't be another trip!
We are in LA today and leave tonight. Will be back in Perth Friday lunchtime. Not looking forward to the trip home, my kids don't seem to cope well on planes :(

The trip home sucks, but I think I've always found the trip home feels shorter :confused3

I know I've been spoiled with the high dollar over the past few years, but I came to rely on it, and budgeted wrong :lmao:

Ugh, I went to transfer $7000 into US dollars this morning. I couldn't do it! :rotfl2: I would also lose $2000 and I just couldn't part with that money. It's more than I spent on flights!

Well, not really. More than I spent on the flights to get there anyway. :lmao:

Ugh, I went to transfer $7000 into US dollars this morning. I couldn't do it!

I felt the same each time I went to transfer money! My trip isn't until October so I guess I'm holding onto the hope that it will go back up. If anything it will just keep going down though :(

No! Shhh It's that type of negativity that's dragging it down! :rotfl2:

Come on everyone, positive thoughts! You know what it is?? It's all those Aussie Disers that just got back in the last few months, that want the dollar to drop so they can get more when they transfer their money back! The nerve!

Yeah I think I'll wait. I use a commonwealth travel card which transfers the money across instantaneously and we have some actual cash and a little on the card already, so I can even transfer it over when we get there if I want to.

Oh my God! The interest rate has messed up the dollar!!! :scared1:

Hopefully it will bounce back in the next few days... and then soar! :laughing:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter