• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Come along on our Spring Break Photo Trip/Dining Report 2012! Update 9/12 Epcot

I LOVE this thread!! You take great pictures! My husband and I stayed there on our honeymoon back when it was Dixie Landings and seeing all your pictures of the resort brings back some great memories! :love: It's a beautiful resort and I look forward to seeing the rest of your pictures!! popcorn::

I just found this thread yesterday! Oh it's making me so excited!! This is my first WDW trip staying onsite. I havn't been since 1997. My husband's first trip. Our first vacation as a family of four.AND my older DS will turn 5 while we are there. Soooooo excited. Love all the pictures! popcorn::

I LOVE this thread!! You take great pictures! My husband and I stayed there on our honeymoon back when it was Dixie Landings and seeing all your pictures of the resort brings back some great memories! :love: It's a beautiful resort and I look forward to seeing the rest of your pictures!! popcorn::

Thanks so much! I toured the resort back in my travel agent days when it was Dixie Landings. Still the same in a great timeless theme!!

I just found this thread yesterday! Oh it's making me so excited!! This is my first WDW trip staying onsite. I havn't been since 1997. My husband's first trip. Our first vacation as a family of four.AND my older DS will turn 5 while we are there. Soooooo excited. Love all the pictures! popcorn::

Welcome! That will be so exciting for your family!!! Be sure to get your DS a Birthday Button when you go to the parks for his birthday!! He will get happy birthday wishes all day from people and cast members!! I love how just regular people at Disney will be sure to say Happy Birthday to strangers wearing a button, just because!!:goodvibes

Going through all my folder I found another resort photo I wanted to share. I know I said we would be done with resort photos but I thought this may be of interest to some.

We had a garden view room, and to us, it really doesn't matter that much at a moderate since were not in our room enough for it to matter. I will avoid parking lot views but really to avoid the noise.

Our garden view was in the inset of the middle part of this building.

DSC_9662.jpg

But if I walked to the outer edge I saw this...

DSC_9653a.jpg

This was a quite pool, not the mail pool. So the people in the corner room were paying for the water view room even though were were neighbors. I saved $ by taking a small walk to the corner to see the pool (but I had to take the walk any way to get cell and wi-fi service).:( I wonder if the people on the corner had service????

Sorry for the delay! Photobucket froze my account due to to many views:( It's back up and running so update coming tomorrow!

Enjoying all the photos. It's interesting to see the difference in the POR rooms from when we were there.

LOVE your pictures! We were there at the same time and stayed in AB 38. I am still dealing with Disney depression :( LOL! :rotfl2:

Saturday morning we woke up early and headed to AK. We wanted to arrive early to be able to get on the safari first thing.

DSC_9765.jpg

DSC_9764.jpg

DSC_9770.jpg

As we were whisking by things I managed to sneak a couple of photos along the way. My poor family knows to keep walking and I will catch up, don’t wait on me. I’ve become a slight pro at fast shooting and still being able to find and catch up to my group.

DSC_9772.jpg

DSC_9773.jpg

DSC_9774.jpg

We only had about a 10 minute wait till we were on safari. Trying to get the best shooting spot we took the last row and it seemed to pay off.

DSC_9848.jpg

DSC_9776.jpg

We were able to get:

Rhinos~~

DSC_9780.jpg

DSC_9783.jpg

Hippos~~

DSC_9785.jpg

Crocs~

DSC_9787.jpg

Don't remember what these are at the moment but very cute~~

DSC_9788.jpg

DSC_9791.jpg

Another tour group:

DSC_9792.jpg

I think theses were water buffalo, maybe, ~~

DSC_9796.jpg

and the giraffe~~

DSC_9801.jpg

More animals to come:)

Wow, I keep saying it but your pictures are so good :goodvibes Your safari pictures look like you were standing still and shooting them, not riding on a bumpy truck - awesome :thumbsup2

Oh, BTW, was the tree of life open? I read somewhere a limb came off and they had closed it for a period of time, I think in March.

Great pictures! I'm going to have to remember that last row tip & try for that on our next trip.

LOVE your pictures! We were there at the same time and stayed in AB 38. I am still dealing with Disney depression :( LOL! :rotfl2:

I get Disney depression about 2 days before we leave Disney, knowing hte end is coming and I have to go back to real life is so sad.:sad2:

Joining in!popcorn:: I love picture-heavy TRs! They make me feel like I am there!!:cloud9:

This is the TR for you if you like photo heavy!! I have to many photos to share, glad you are here to see them!

Wow, I keep saying it but your pictures are so good :goodvibes Your safari pictures look like you were standing still and shooting them, not riding on a bumpy truck - awesome :thumbsup2

Oh, BTW, was the tree of life open? I read somewhere a limb came off and they had closed it for a period of time, I think in March.

I do try to take good photos but I wish I were as good as some of the people here on the Dis. Some are great with what they can do with the camera!!

The Tree of Life was close one day but I didn't check my second day so it's possible it was due to that limb.:confused3

Great pictures! I'm going to have to remember that last row tip & try for that on our next trip.

I love when I get great tips!! Last row is the best spot for photos for sure!!

Great AK shots! Apparently I need to take your advice and sit in the back row next time!

Great AK shots! Apparently I need to take your advice and sit in the back row next time!

The back row is a great place to sit. It really helps with an open view. It didn't help with the motions sickness riding looking out the back the whole time but photos made it worth it!!

As the safari continues we saw elephants, love them:goodvibes so I had to take a few photos:

DSC_9811.jpg

DSC_9815.jpg

then this guy, he was right next to the truck:

DSC_9818.jpg

DSC_9819.jpg

DSC_9822.jpg

mama and baby:

DSC_9821.jpg

Flamingos:

DSC_9823.jpg

Cheetah:

DSC_9829.jpg

More Rhinos:

DSC_9840.jpg

DSC_9842.jpg

DSC_9844.jpg

and then what I call my Money shot of the safari, the Lions!!

Yes I was very happy with these shots!!

DSC_9837.jpg

DSC_9836.jpg

DSC_9832.jpg

Very cool, wish they would have roared or something!!!!

I just want to say I loved your sunrise shots. This is my favorite part of the morning at the resort no matter where we stay on property. We've never stayed at POR but will for the first time this August and you've really captured the beauty of the place. I can't wait to take my 6:30 AM stroll to see this beautiful resort. My favorite part is how the air feels and the smell that time of the morning. Thanks for sharing your shots, you have an incredible talent with your lens.

Thanks!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter