Combining

aaarcher86

Registered
Working out the last details before we bite the bullet and purchase :banana:

I feel like my mind has gone through so many different numbers, scenarios, and plans that it's now just a big ball of moosh!

My hypothetical question:

If I purchased 200 pts at AKV direct and a 50 pt resale at BCV would I have the 11 month window open for both resorts? Meaning, could I book BCV at 11 months out using all 250 pts?

I have what I assume is the answer in my head, but at this point I'd rather just ask it and hear from the experienced DVC folk.

I feel like my mind has gone through so many different numbers, scenarios, and plans that it's now just a big ball of moosh!

If I purchased 200 pts at AKV direct and a 50 pt resale at BCV would I have the 11 month window open for both resorts? Meaning, could I book BCV at 11 months out using all 250 pts?

I have what I assume is the answer in my head, but at this point I'd rather just ask it and hear from the experienced DVC folk.

No, points retain home resort. So you would have 200 points to use at AKV at 11 months out at 50 at BCV. You could bank and borrow the 50 so you'd have 150 every three years to use at BCV at 11 months out.

If DVC allowed that there would be no reason for anyone to buy the more expensive resorts. Only the home resort points for BCV can be used at BCV at 11 months.

:earsboy: Bill

The 11 month window only applies to the points "Home Resort"

So you can book 50 points at BCV at 11 months or 200 points at AKL at 11 months but you can't combine them to book 250 points at either BCV or AKL at 11 months.

Good luck with your decision!

as others have said, at 11 months out, it's like you have 2 completely separate contracts.

and i'll just add the obvious that it doesn't matter whether you buy direct or resale.

however, the first reply was helpful...you CAN bank and borrow and use 150 all at once and get the 11 month window using up to 150 that way

To book BCV in the "home resort" booking window (11 months to 7 months plus one day from check-in) you need BCV points. They can be your own BCV points (banked, current, borrowed) or they can be BCV points that have been transferred into your account from a BCV owner. I don't own at BCV but I could book there 11 months out if I arranged to have a BCV owner transfer enough points to my account to pay for my reservation.

They should call it the "home resort points" booking window because being an owner at a particular resort doesn't give you the booking priority, you have to have enough points from whatever resort you want to book. The points have the booking priority.

Why don't you split the points eqully then borrow from the next year. Unless you know you want one resort all the time.

It's likely better to buy the resale first then add the retail IF this is your choice. For those resorts you're likely better off doing it the other way by buying AKV resale and adding BCV retail (might have to go on a wait list) and of course you could look for resale in the interim if needed. I do agree with the above that a larger BCV and smaller AKV making them closer to the same might be better for many people wanting both. Unless you want the value or concierge rooms at AKV, you can get about what you want there at 7 months out.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter