Combining reservations? Is it allowed?

kitkatsmom

Mouseketeer
If you have a reservation for four at 7:55 and you find out friends have a reservation for two at 7:40 at the same restaurant, can you sign in together and ask them to sit you together as a party of 6?

This would be at be our guest and I know they are busy

Very, very doubtful. You're going up in size of table, and at a restaurant that stays booked, it's highly unlikely they'll be able to accommodate, although never say never.

Keep the reservations that you have, but be on the lookout for a reservation for 6.

I seriously doubt that's going to work since the table size would be different.

If you have a reservation for four at 7:55 and you find out friends have a reservation for two at 7:40 at the same restaurant, can you sign in together and ask them to sit you together as a party of 6?

This would be at be our guest and I know they are busy

It's not guaranteed, but we didn't have a problem grouping our 2 reservations (party of 6 & 2) at CRT and Ohana (party of 8 & 4) in Nov. For reference, they were 30-40 min apart. We just made sure to arrive early in case we had to wait.

I'm going to disagree with most folks because you said "at Be Our Guest." Be Our Guest is limited by the ability of the kitchen to keep up, not by the number of tables. Combining into a larger party should be super-easy here.

We are going with a baseball team and have two days we are going to be trying this because it was the only way we could get reservations for 11. We have them for a group of 5 and a group of 6 at Coral Reef and at Hollywood and Vine. As long as we are in the same general vicinity we will be fine don't have to actually all be at the same table.

Just an FYI we had two reservations at BOG. Both for 7:55 one for two people and one for four people. We checked in and I asked if it was possible can we all sit together, but if it was a problem then no big deal we can sit separate. Next thing you know they text us our table is ready and it was for 6. They were very accommodating!! It was a great dinner. We all love our food. Portions are large except for dessert which is small, like cupcake sized. Castle was beautiful and we met the beast

We have had this situation come up a couple of times, and had it work out a couple of ways. Once DH and I ran into some friends during food and wine, and We had ADR's at Chef's and they added them to our table ( from 2 to 4) we had to wait a extra 15 minutes but it was not a problem. Another time we were crossing paths with some friends that we don't get to see often... really rarely ( party of 5) it was their last night, and our check in night (party of 3), nothing was available for 8, But I did get a ADR for the 3 of us. We were at Crystal Palace, so after explaining to the hostess, she said she did not think so but would try to work something out. So we ended up at 2 four tops along the window they were back to back, so the adults sat at one table and the kids at the other and we had the same server so it worked out well with the bill. All the kids were in middle and high school so perfectly fine to sit together. Another time some friends took a long weekend trip for their anniversary and at the last minute ask us if we wanted to join them for dinner one night, I got so lucky and was able to get a ADR at Le Cellier for us.. We were 8:10 and they had 7:45. We went about 7:00 to find out, They said no can do... plus she said they were running about 15 to 20 minutes behind, so at first we decided just to dine separately then, we walked over to England and the guys got a pint, and we were talking some more and I decided to ask the hostess in England she was like we just had a cancel (8:00)of 4 the child was sick... so we took it and went back and cancelled our other ADR's at Le Cellier. We were not sure if they would charge us or not, but it was okay with both couples if they did. In the end we did not getting charged for the last minute cancellation.

I've been having problems finding reservation openings for BOG. Do they take walk ins?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter