Combine DCL with VWL?

Combine trip or split into two trips?

• DCL & VWL as one long trip

• DCL & VWL into two separate trips

Results are only viewable after voting.

lenshanem

DIS Veteran
When the Disney Cruise Line dates come out for 2006 we're booking a three night cruise. We will only do WDW once that year (GASP!) due to some borrowing and will probably try for a stay at VWL for five nights, too. Since those will be our only two Disney trips that use year and we live only half a day's drive away I can't decide if we should book it all as one long vacation or split it up into two separate trips. (I could possibly have a problem with WDW withdrawl as I am an addict...) We will have to go either at spring break and/or summer due to school.

Thanks for any thoughts!

Unless you have other big plans for the year I would break it up into two different trips. That way when you are done with one, you have something else to look forward to.

ITA - 2 separate trips instead of one long one. How do you control yourself when you live so close to WDW?

We have combined the Cruise with a stay at the BWV (and Universal) but we live far away. It really was nice doing the combined trip and I would imagine it would be hard driving through Florida and not going to WDW for you.

What about two trips but staying for just a couple of nights prior to the cruise at a moderate resort for cash just to get your fix? Planning for two trips I think would be better in your situation.

HBC

We just did three day cruise with 3 nights SSR and 5 nights BWV. While I loved this trip, I was ready to go home (which has never happened before BTW). We are from Ohio though so a much longer drive and it is less expensive (we like to fly) if all in one trip.

I agree that planning for two trips could help the withdrawl. After this next trip in July, we are looking at no trips till 2006 (we are getting ready to build a house)- but having withdrawl symptoms already. My now addicted DD (7) looks at a map and says "We can build a house in Florida too and just visit Ohio."

I tend to think like Happy Birthady Cat - two trips with cruise and two days at disney with cash and then DVC trip.

Living that close I would make it two seperate trips.

Now that I think about it, it is probably a good thing I don't live that close, I would be there all the time and have no points left!

Shannon
We did 2 days at OKW and then the 4 day cruise in Feb. It was really great. So we are doing 2 days at SSR and another 4 day cruise in Feb 2005.

But as others have posted we fly down...............if I were you I would do 2 separate trips.::yes::

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter