Columbus distance classic and 5k -- tapering now

ohMom

Kids Get Arthritis Too!
well this is the big week for us half-ers. 10 miles

for me it will be wednesday. DD has a dog show this weekend

also i wanted to share this website for the arena district for those not familiar with the area. I got reservations for Saturday, April 1 at 5 p.m for buca-di-beppo,for a party of 11. That includes:

liz
lily
amanda
pat
helena

bev
molli
preston (my DH)
taylor (DD)
paige (DD)

i'm forgetting one of the dis-ers. who has slipped my memory at the moment? no offensive i'm very forgetful

Yay! Thanks Molli for getting the ressies together. I've got the room booked for Friday and added Saturday, just need to change rooms for that one now.

Looking forward to the 10 miler on the weekend. S'posed to be a little warmer.

ok so i'll add one to the dinner reservation -- any more?

also, I made a lunch ressie for friday at 1 p.m. at O'Shaughnessy's -- haven't been there myself but heard good things of it. check it out on the arena website and let me know if that's a good idea. we can always cancel it if everyone would rather do their own thing. I need to email them back and confirm it this week though

just wanted to point out that I noticed on the nationwide arena site there is a Columbus Blue Jackets (hockey) game that saturday night at 7 p.m. -- FYI

i did it! 11 miles in 160 mins -- all done! whew!

You rock Molli! WTG!! I WISH I could say that my 10 miler was done...but it will be this weekend...maybe even tomorrow if I the weather cooperates!! I am getting very excited!!

:thumbsup2

Well I didn't quite get in my 10 miles today, but I did do 6. DH and I walked along a portion of the I & M Canal, and when we started out it was beautifully sunny, unfortunately it turned gloomy and windy, so that our last three miles were directly into the wind! That part was not fun. Our pace ended up averaging a little of 17 min miles.

No coyotes or skunks, but we did see a herd of deer, two beavers, two swans, and lots of geese!!

Oh Pat, I think I would love that view. Not the wind though. I got in my 10 miler yesterday. It all was under minimum pace. (See training thread). Today DH and I went out it was a warm spring day, raining more foggy and misty rain. DH did great! We managed 5.01 miles for 18:41 pace. It took 1:34:52 to do it. Gotta love that Garmin.

I know Liz has a story... :goodvibes

Got my 10 in...but I hurt!!!!!

Glad to have the 10 behind me.....but will continue to work to get ready for the big day!! Only a few more weeks. Hard to believe!!

Have a great week everybody! I am going to chill out. I am pooped. :confused3

Liz

Whoo hoo!! Thanks Molli! I am really looking forward to this weekend! It is going to be such fun!!

:thumbsup2

Hi everyone!!!! I've been gone forever (literally-- I've been travelling for work for pretty much 2 months straight!) But I wanted to say hi because when I left everyone was still on those 4-5 milers! It's great to see everyone making it so far! I did my 10 miler a week ago, running on the lake with a pretty hard breeze and rain at the end, but I made it (although I missed my 8 mile taper run because I was, once again, travelling :-))

I wanted to say hi, and maybe I'll see some of you at the race next week-- I can't make the dinner because I'll have to be back in Cleveland by the evening (because I have to be up bright and early on Sunday!) Good luck with tapering! (I know I am just overwhelmed with energy!)

DisneyGirl, great of you to check in.

Hope to be able to meet up with you there somehow. It will be such fun for sure! Are you just driving in for the race day then?

Tiger Lily 03 said:
DisneyGirl, great of you to check in.

Hope to be able to meet up with you there somehow. It will be such fun for sure! Are you just driving in for the race day then?

Hi Lily-- I'm actually driving down on Friday night as early as I can leave work (I'm hoping to make it to the expo on Friday so I can sleep in as late as possible on Saturday, but then I'm driving back as soon as the race is over-- I have to judge a college competition on Sunday morning, so I have a pretty packed weekend :-)

hi disneygirl -- sorry you can't hang out for dinner after the race but looking forward to meeting you and everyone else

which - leads me to -- pace? i know Lily and Liz have a pace in mind; and i will admit that i'm torn. i did this course last year alone for the first 6 miles and alone is very hard; but on the other side I have been training hard to build up my endurance again and try to lose some weight and i'm walking at between 14 and 14:37 min/mile on the TM and i know there is some excitement to race day and i may not be able to control myself :) LOL anyone around my pace?

I did my 8 miler yesterday, i missed it over the weekend due to a terrible sinus cold i had last week -- but have my 5 miler planned for sunday and can't wait for a true taper week next week :)

ohMom said:
Sat Apr 1 Partly Cloudy 50°/39° weather.com
Perfect!
Pace for me will be slowwww. Sorry Molli, it is how I have been training as you know. I will meet you at the end.

DisneyGirl, what about your pace? ...and if you don't mind my asking. What is is you are judging? It's gymnastics season and DSs were in that sport long ago...many fond memories. Just wondering.

Pat, do you have a pace in mind?

Anyone else I have missed? I'm not sure who else we will be looking to see.

Oh, and btw, I have received the shirts!

Tiger Lily 03 said:
Perfect!
Pace for me will be slowwww. Sorry Molli, it is how I have been training as you know. I will meet you at the end.

DisneyGirl, what about your pace? ...and if you don't mind my asking. What is is you are judging? It's gymnastics season and DSs were in that sport long ago...many fond memories. Just wondering.

Pat, do you have a pace in mind?

Anyone else I have missed? I'm not sure who else we will be looking to see.

Oh, and btw, I have received the shirts!

Hi Lily-- My pace right now is about 12:25, give or take-- I'm actually a little upset with myself-- my plan at the beginning of training was to break 3 hours. Now, I know that I could have done a lot better than that, but since I trained for that pace, I don't want to go trying anything different for the race-- oh well, I guess that's what the Minnie and Disneyland half are for!!! :thumbsup2

Nope, not judging anything like gymnastics-- it's a law school moot court competition-- much less exciting :-)

One more week and one day everyone!!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter