Columbus Day Weekend - Crowds?

WDWRocksMySocks

DIS Veteran
My sister and I are planning a trip for Oct. 9-14. This just happens to fall over Columbus Day weekend. I've heard it can get pretty crowded. Just how crowded should we expect? Is it scary crowded, or tolerable crowded? I'm used to going during spring break, but lately we've been doing the parks during value season. I'm starting to get a little freaked out that we chose the wrong dates. :confused:

Hi I did the same thing a fews years ago. While it was crowed I didn't think it was crazy crowded. What I recommend at that time is the Halloween party at night. It was great fun and you could get on any ride multiple times.

Have a great time..
Im going the last week of April and 1st week of May....:cool1:

I was there on the Sat. of Columbus weekend a couple of years ago. The parks were pretty crowded but what really bothered me was Wishes that night. We watched Spectromagic and then wanted to go back to the Poly. to see the fireworks from the beach. It took me 30 minutes to get from Liberty Square to the front of the castle because the people were elbow to elbow - I was scared I was going to lose the kids. Main St was so full that I just parked myself and stayed for the fireworks. I had no idea that it was going to be that full or I would have planned differently.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter