Columbia Restaurant in Tampa

Pixie_Dust

DIS Veteran
Since we have to fly in and out of Tampa on this trip, I did some web surfing for a restaurant I had seen once on the Food Network. It turned out to be the Columbia Restaurant, which has, among other things, flamenco dancers. Has anyone ever gone there? It looks like it would be worth the trip.

It's in histoic Ybor City.
Ate there for lunch about 2 years ago. It's a Tampa landmark, been around 50-75 yrs at least. Somewhat touristy but very good cuban fare. Excellent atmosphere, the restaurant has been there since the 20's or 30's and looks very original. Great service,
some waiters have been there since the 60's!! All male wait staff when we were there. If you're not familiar with cuban cusine, it's a real treat. Be SURE to walk around 7th Ave in Ybor City after dinner !! neat shops and galleries as this was the cigar capital of the USA around 1900.

Just an FYI if you like the food, there is a branch of the resturant in Celebration. No near the atmosphere though. (I have been to both, but I never saw Flamenco in Ybor City, maybe I was there at the wrong time!)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter