Columbia Harbour House Chicken Planks??

NurseGodwin

Earning My Ears
Can someone describe the chicken planks at CHH in the Magic Kingdom? Are they typical chicken fingers or are they batter-dipped as in Long John Silvers style?

Good, old-fashioned, heart-clogging, battered, deep-fried chicken products.

I think they're good, we always make it a stop. Do remind me of Long John's.

And it is HUGE! We were able to split it between 3 kids!

the batter is similar to the tempura-style served at Long John's but they are much less salty tasting. I can't stand LJS but Columbia Harbour House is one of our favorites.

They are coated with a puffy, crispy, flour based batter, not bread crumbs. I agree with the LJS comparison. They were good but I also agree that the fish planks were better. Yum! Go upstairs and get a nice window seat!

We went to Columbia Harbour House for lunch on 2/14/06 -- it is always a MUST DO for me each trip to the MK. Sadly, I was very, very disappointed with the fish this trip (I didn't have the chicken). There was less "meat" and much drier than I remembered in the past. I usually enjoy CHH's fish more than Long John Silver's (like HunnyPots) but not this time around unfortunately.

I ordered the fish on 2/17/06 at the ABC Commissary at Disney-MGM for the first time ever (wanted to see if it would be any better) and it seemed identical to the fish I ate at CHH so I was disappointed there also.

Went back to the MK on 2/18/06 and skipped CHH this time for the first time since I can't remember when. Will probably go back to CHH on our next trip, however, if it's convenient -- don't know that I'll purposefully seek it out though.

-- Rob

RobInBigKC said:
We went to Columbia Harbour House for lunch on 2/14/06 -- it is always a MUST DO for me each trip to the MK. Sadly, I was very, very disappointed with the fish this trip (I didn't have the chicken). There was less "meat" and much drier than I remembered in the past. I usually enjoy CHH's fish more than Long John Silver's (like HunnyPots) but not this time around unfortunately.

I ordered the fish on 2/17/06 at the ABC Commissary at Disney-MGM for the first time ever (wanted to see if it would be any better) and it seemed identical to the fish I ate at CHH so I was disappointed there also.

Went back to the MK on 2/18/06 and skipped CHH this time for the first time since I can't remember when. Will probably go back to CHH on our next trip, however, if it's convenient -- don't know that I'll purposefully seek it out though.

-- Rob

Whoa, I think I had that bad fish planks, too. Dry, bland, and full of nothing but air. I ate at the CHH on 02/19/06. The batter was similar to LJS, though. Nothing I'd ever waste $7 on again. Almost as bad as fish stix. Kids would probably really like them though.

But my friends had some soup and sandwiches that they said was great.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter