• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Colonial Williamsburg/Busch Gardens

Does that mean only 1 of you have to take the meal plan and you can share it? Is it good for all the restaurants in BG.

If I"m reading this right, for the dining plan, can you get anything to eat at any restaurant at Busch Gardens except ribs?

Pretty much...yes to all your questions.

The Platinum Dining certificate can be used and shared (we do it all the time) it's not tied at all to your admission ticket. Since there are 4 of you, you probably want two. It will get you one full meal and then you can get something extra (like a funnel cake or something) for a snack later if you need it.

And yes, you can get any entree and two sides (we get a salad or pickles and a dessert usually, but you can get other options). We don't use the drink because we have a refill cup. Sometimes we'll buy an extra side if we are in the mood (they're about $4).

What about kids meals? What do you get for that? What's good in each "land"? Is the meal plan worth it for a kid?

What about kids meals? What do you get for that? What's good in each "land"? Is the meal plan worth it for a kid?

Kids meals are pretty simple. Chicken tenders, hot dogs, stuff like that.

They run about $6. I think the meal plan is especially wasted on kids, unless you have kids that eat a lot and will eat off the adult menu.

There is generally one restaurant in each country. My least favorite (not that it's bad, but it's just not something I want in the hot summer) is the food in Italy. Pasta is just too heavy for me in the heat and humidity. However, there is an all you can eat pizza place in San Marco -way in the back by Roman Rapids. That might be worth it if you have kids. I don't know how the pricing works for kids but it's about $16 per adult.

My favorite is Trappers Smokehouse in New France - I just love their BBQ chicken.

There is also an all you can eat buffet in France near the Griffon. The pricing is about the same as for the pizza place, and it's pretty good.

Grogans grill in Ireland is good, but again, not a favorite of mine in the summer - they serve some really great baked potatoes with various stews or meats on top.

The Festhaus is a good choice in the summer. I usually get the turkey sandwich. There's a good sausage platter too. There's also a "fast food" line in there with fries and pizza and some other stuff, but I've never gotten anything from there. And there's a specialty sandwich shop in the back but they want like $11 for a freaking sandwich!! :eek:

And finally, Squires Grill is one of the first restaurants as you enter the park in England. They have really good breakfasts! And their fish sandwich for lunch is pretty good too. Unfortunately we don't eat there often because it seems "out of the way" once you are in the park.

You can find turkey legs, fries, popcorn, chicken tenders, and other quick finger foods/snacks in different places around the park.

Hope that helps!

Yuck!! We are staying there starting Saturday. Did they compensate you for your unwanted guests? Was the unit otherwise clean??

The folks at the front desk laughed and the woman actually shared that her husband had four little mice in his truck that morning! WHAT!? They explained that field mice are a huge problem in the fall when the weather cools off. Anyway, I sent an email to the property management company and never heard anything back. I also contacted hotels.com because I booked the property through them. Hotels.com issued a voucher for a free night and apologized.

The unit was very clean, very spacious and lovely. Our only complaint was our uninvited guests. Oh, and we were in a second floor unit!

Does that mean only 1 of you have to take the meal plan and you can share it? Is it good for all the restaurants in BG.

The certificates are separate from tickets so you don't have to worry about who's name is on it.

We do this quite often when our visit will be over meal time. My husband doesn't have a pass so it's just me and the 3 girls who go all the time. I buy 2 of the platinum certificates. They are good for an entree, 2 sides and a drink. We'll go to Trappers or Festhaus and get 2 entree platters that would normally serve two anyways, 2 desserts (they are massive!), 2 additional sides (moz sticks, salads, fruit cups etc) or 2 other sides if we're not feeling dessert, 2 drinks and 4 waters. Once the water cups are gone we'll split the tea (we don't drink soda) - and all 4 of us are stuffed beyond belief for less than $30.

side note - we noticed that the beverage options changed from Pepsi products to Coke products

Waste of money. Massively overpriced for what they are, even if you save$2 by telling them you don't want the souvenir bucket/box/plate. I wouldn't even consider the meal plan for a kid. Plus the options are pretty limited as someone mentioned.

The Festhaus is a good choice in the summer. I usually get the turkey sandwich. There's a good sausage platter too. There's also a "fast food" line in there with fries and pizza and some other stuff, but I've never gotten anything from there. And there's a specialty sandwich shop in the back but they want like $11 for a freaking sandwich!! :eek:

I agree with pretty much all of your suggestions/reviews. I do want to note though that the Festhaus is the ONLY place in the park with ample indoor air conditioned seating and can get quite crowded at typical meal times or on a particularly crowded/humid/hot day.

I've also had one of those specialty sandwiches, I think the prices were in line with the prices of other food in the park, but it was delicious! The pizza in Festhaus is some of the best park pizza we've ever had. It actually has flavor to it and doesn't taste like a piece of microwaved cardboard. It still doesn't stack up to making your own or some of the delivery places (tho some of those are bad too!), but for park pizza it's tasty.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter