Cologne ideas for a 16 year old boy?

mommaU4

DIS Veteran
Parents of teen boys, help! lol I want to get my son some cologne for Christmas, but the choices out there seem overwhelming. And it gives me a headache just thinking about sampling all those different scents. :sad2:

My son is 16, almost 17, so I'm looking for something that seems fitting for a teen boy, not a 35-40 year old man, if that makes sense. Maybe something not too strong. Also, I really cannot afford to spend $200 on one bottle, so something that won't break the bank either.

If you have any scents your son, or you, would recommend, I'd love to hear about it so I can at least have a starting point when I head to the store. Thanks!! :)

Doesn't your son have a preference?

My girls are 17 and 18 and most of the teen boys decorating our living room sofa lately just wear Axe. And lots of it! :lmao:

Every year, I give my son (who is 16 this year) a couple of bottles of the Aeropostle brand of body spray. $7.50 a can. He loves it and usually lasts most of the year.

Even the colognes are relatively cheap; I think they are $16 a bottle and smell great.

My son likes to smell "different" from the AXE crowd. :laughing:

Doesn't your son have a preference?

My girls are 17 and 18 and most of the teen boys decorating our living room sofa lately just wear Axe. And lots of it! :lmao:

He actually doesn't, which doesn't really help me any. He has done the Axe thing for the last two years and I think we are ready to move beyond that. I know I am! :rolleyes1

Every year, I give my son (who is 16 this year) a couple of bottles of the Aeropostle brand of body spray. $7.50 a can. He loves it and usually lasts most of the year.

Really. Wow. I wouldn't have thought of that. Thanks. That's dirt cheap too! I love it. I was thinking I'd be looking at around $50-$60 at least, but I like $7.50 much better. I'll have to make a note to check those out next time.

Polo makes 4 body sprays in brightly colored 6 oz cans for $17.50. They are very popular with teen boys here and I think each scent is pretty good and not too strong.

He actually doesn't, which doesn't really help me any. He has done the Axe thing for the last two years and I think we are ready to move beyond that. I know I am! :rolleyes1

I know! Secretly hoping you are the mom of one of the boyfriends. ;)

I have a 14 year old and he loves the cologne from Aeropostale. There is a few different ones and they are pretty mild! I think the bottle was 19.50.

DS17 really likes Hollister. This year he has asked for cologne from American Eagle. I can't remember the name but it's in a brown bottle. If you watch their sales it is reasonably priced. I just paid $25 for the bottle.

Buying perfume for someone without their knowledge is a bad idea. Unless you can smell it on THEIR skin, you have no idea what it's actually going to smell like (and I've seen-and unfortunately smelt-people who get an expensive vial of perfume and it ends up smelling like a bowling alley full of construction workers after a summer day when actually worn).

My 10 year old wears Givenchy Play. It's about $50 a bottle and it has a light smell. I think smells appropriate for a preteen or teenager.

Glad to hear he is past the Axe. After spending 10 years working at the High and Middle school levels I can tell ya that stuff is just not that great.
I was searching for Disney fragrances the other day (like the new stuff they have) and found a site that had TRON for men. Have not found it here yet to smell it but would love to get it for future son in law (big tron fan)
Maybe take the son to the mall with you and have him smell some of the different choices (say it is for dad or gramps) and you can go from there.

My son is 18 I bought him Abercrombie or polo sport at that age but the new Polo 1,2,3 and 4 are nice for that age group.

Hollister is what we buy for my 16 yr ds. He likes "Jake" but also has body wash and body spray in caribbean beach (I think) smells great! The have different lines of stuff, the cologne may seem a lil high but it takes only one spray and a bottle will last a good while!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter