Collin's MAW Pre-Trip Report

Everyone seemed to recover from MNSSHP. We call for the breakfast cart to come by and get ready for DHS. As we enter the park we head straight for Toy Story Mania. We get on the ride fairly quick as they take us to a special handicap loading area. Lisa and Collin ride together, I ride with Angellyn and Mishelle gets in a car alone. This is really a fun ride. Much more interactive than Buzz Lightyear. I must admit Lisa comes out with the best scores. It is very close the Wii video game. After this I take Collin to see Playhouse Disney. Lisa and the girls do Rock N Roller Coaster and Tower of Terror. While Collin and I were around Playhouse Disney we get pictures and autographs with Jojo and Goliath.

WishTripDay5-HOllywoodStudios028.jpg

We also find Little Einsteins for autographs and pictures. As our search continued for characters we found Lightning McQueen and Mater. We later walked up on "The Green Army Man". And yes that is how he signs the autographs. Thought that was pretty neat. He did not talk but still interacted with the kids very well.

WishTripDay5-HOllywoodStudios035.jpg

I took the girls to ride Star Wars (probably my favorite) while Lisa and Collin watched the Block Party Bash. Collin got to interact with some of the characters in the parade. He thought it was neat they called him by name. Another neat part of the GKTW button.

WishTripDay5-HOllywoodStudios058.jpg

Next we head to Prime Time 50's for lunch. We did not have ADR but thought we would give it a try. Had to wait about 45 minutes. Wasn't too bad, we sat in the living room watching TV. We did get into a little trouble at the dinner table though. Guess we were already getting tired and had to reminded Mama does not allow elbows on the table. And the the kids had to be reminded to set the table. Guess they were thinking they were on vacation or something.:rotfl:

Next we get pictures with Mike and Sully. The cast members were great about getting us right in without having to wait. We then find an interactive with Woody & Buzz Lightyear. They took up a lot of time with Collin.

WishTripDay5-HOllywoodStudios101.jpg
WishTripDay5-HOllywoodStudios095.jpg

We ride Toy Story Mania again. And yes Lisa still beats us all. I take the girls to see Prince Caspian while Lisa takes Collin back to Playhouse Disney area for more characters.

girlswithprincecaspian.jpg

This turned out to be a marathon character greeting. Found Handy Manny outside Playhouse Disney. Then we went inside the animation studio and a wonderful cast member took us around to several characters there. Her name was Angellica our Disney Angel.

WishTripDay5-HOllywoodStudios133.jpg

Here is the list of characters we saw:
Handy Manny
Sorcerer Mickey
The Incredibles
The evil queen
Pinocchio
Cast from Up
Mary Poppins & a penguin
Chip and Dale

WishTripDay5-HOllywoodStudios113.jpg
WishTripDay5-HOllywoodStudios115.jpg
WishTripDay5-HOllywoodStudios121.jpg
WishTripDay5-HOllywoodStudios141.jpg

More character pictures are at Lisa's Facebook pictures: http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=115729&id=748503235&l=2942832385

The girls went to ride Rock N Roller Coaster again and then headed to Downtown Disney for ADR at T-Rex.

We got to T-Rex about 45 minutes before our ADR. Unfortunately they will not check you in until 15 minutes before. So we walked over to Lego land for a few minutes.

WishTripDay5-HOllywoodStudios207.jpg

We then head back to T-Rex.

WishTripDay5-HOllywoodStudios187.jpg

We get checked in and seated. It is quiet an experience. Somewhat similar to Rainforest Cafe but with a prehistoric theme.

WishTripDay5-HOllywoodStudios226.jpg

Collin enjoyed the restuarnt atmosphere for the most part. About every 20 minutes it gets a little dark and more noisy. But he did not mind too bad. We started out with Dexter's Dual Dip - Combination of shrimp and artichoke dip and spinach and pepper jack queso served with tortilla chips. Four main course I had a T-Bone (forget the menu name) topped with a stak butter and served with garlic mashed potatoes and roasted vegetables. Lisa had Triceratop Filet - Charbroiled center cut aged tenderloin filet, topped with a stak butter and served with garlic mashed potatoes and roasted vegetables. Mishelle had Mega Mes-O-Bones - Tender, slow-roasted St.Louis Ribs, basted with BBQ sauce. And Angellyn had Tar Pit Fried Shrimp. We each had more than enough. And of course we had to try their special desert. We ordered the Chocolate Extinction - A gigantic portion of chocolate fudge cake served with ice cream, fresh whipped cream drizzled with fudge and caramel sauces and sprinkled with Butterfinger crumbs. The menu says "Enough for two or more". The five of us could not eat it all.

WishTripDay5-HOllywoodStudios241.jpg

More pictures from the day including T-Rex on Lisa's Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=115729&id=748503235&l=2942832385

We looked around Downtown Disney for a while and then headed back to the Village. Quite a day of meeting characters.

Great updates. We like to eat at the T-Rex in KC. It has a fun atmosphere. I am glad Collin had some great character interaction time at Disney Studios! :woohoo:

Trex looks delicious! I am glad Collin enjoyed all the characters! Looks like you hit a gold mine inside the animation place.

Woo Hoo - what a trip you guys had!!! LOVE LOVE LOVE that the Jimmie Johnson outfit came in handy for MNSSHP!!!! COOOLLLLL!!!!!! Thanks for wearing it Col!!!!!:thumbsup2

Yummy update! :)

Love 50's and I love the big dessert!

Lots of characters - fantastic!

I love that you got to ride Toy Story twice! :)

The Green Army Man - How cute.

And I enjoyed your MNSSHP video, too! :thumbsup2

This has been such an amazing trip. As I relive it in writing the trip report it brings back a flood of memories. We are so thankful for the privilege we had to do this for Collin. It will be a memory for him to cherish for the rest of his life. Day 6 in some ways comes too fast. We have done so many things that we would not have been able to do on our own. It was with a bit of sadness to get up on this day realizing this would be our last night at the Village. It is a jam packed day as we will go to AK, MK and get to enjoy Winter Wonderland in the evening. We begin with a quick breakfast and head out to Animal Kingdom. As we enter the park we see Meeko and Brer Rabbit.

WishTripDay6-AKMK006.jpg
WishTripDay6-AKMK011.jpg

We head toward the Nemo show. On our way we stop at one of the trail character greetings to see Winnie the Phoo, Tigger and Eyore.

WishTripDay6-AKMK014.jpg
WishTripDay6-AKMK022.jpg
WishTripDay6-AKMK017.jpg

After pictures and autographs we get to the Nemo show just in time. We are seated in the upper wheel chair area. Collin had to set on our laps for a good view. This is a wonderful show. I highly recommend seeing it. After the show Lisa and Mishelle ride Everest. I try to find a cool place with Collin and Angellyn to wait. Next I take Mishelle and Angellyn to ride Kali River Rapids. We did get a little wet which felt good as temps were already approaching 90.

WishTripDay6-AKMK042.jpg

This was pretty much all we wanted to do in AK. As we exit the park we see Rafiki.

WishTripDay6-AKMK058.jpg

We then load up and go to MK to catch what we missed on our MNSSHP night. Upon entering the park we meet the Mayor of Mainstreet. Quite an interesting fellow.

WishTripDay6-AKMK062.jpg

You can't really tell from the pictures but we had on our Big Give shirts that said McDaniel family. His honor got a bit confused though - kept talking about our restaurant and the cheeseburgers. Told him that was our cousins. It was good enough he sent us on our way.

We then proceeded to ride Dumbo again (one of Collin's favorites of the trip). Next it was The Many Adventures of Winnie the Phoo. We then stopped for lunch at Pinocchio Village Haus. It was good for a counter service. After eating we did Buzz Lightyear, rode the Teacups and the Carousel.

Asked the kids if there was anything else they wanted to do at the parks. Explained this was our last day at Disney so if there was anything they wanted to do now was the time. Everyone seemed to be content with Disney so we started out and got one last photo pass picture on Main Street with the Castle in the background. For the time we had we did most of what we wanted to do at Disney. We now start back to the Village to get ready for Winter Wonderland.

Upon arriving at the Villiage we go to the Castle of Miracles to see Collin's star now on the ceiling. Guess this makes us an official member of a club we never thought we would be part of.

GKTWChristmasUniversalIOAhome006.jpg
GKTWChristmasUniversalIOAhome003.jpg

Ate dinner at the Gingerbread House. Throughout the week it was such a relief not having to worry about our meals. The volunteers do such a great job at Gingerbread House (and the entire villiage). They all seemed to be genuinely caring and making sure we had everything we needed. The Thursday night meal is a Christmas dinner complete with turkey and dressing (that's what we call it in the south - not stuffing).

After dinner we get in line to meet Santa. We finally get to meet another wish family we got to know here on the Disboards. Shari and her beautiful daughter Mikaela.

Here is a group picture

GKTWChristmasUniversalIOAhome015.jpg

It was great meeting and spending some time with them. Mikaela is so sweet.

If I may interject my personal commentary. Being at the village we are surrounded by people that really do understand what our life is like. Everyone there can relate to each other. Instead of being in a world where people have no idea of the day to day struggles; we are in a place when people can say I know how you feel and they do. Notwithstanding all the parks and activities of the trip this one aspect stands out as something special. Sorry for the soapbox moment - just felt it had to be said. We get in to see Santa, get our pictures and the kids pick out their presents.

GKTWChristmasUniversalIOAhome026.jpg
GKTWChristmasUniversalIOAhome028.jpg

Unfortuately we miss much of the Winter Wonderland Parade. We do get out in time to see some of the snow. Collin makes a new friend with Brooklyn. Another wish family we got to know.

GKTWChristmasUniversalIOAhome031.jpg
GKTWChristmasUniversalIOAhome023.jpg

Here's Collin working on his cookie decorating skills during the night.

GKTWChristmasUniversalIOAhome010.jpg

We had so much fun. It truly was like Christmas!:santa: After another stop by the ice cream parlor it is time to head back to the villa and begin the packing up process. I mentioned this earlier but in case anyone missed it - Bring an extra bag for all the goodies you get at the village. We did not and had to ship a box home. There is a Fed Ex in the shopping center across from Wal-Mart on Bass Rd. Tomorrow we check out, go to US & IOA and head home. What a magical experience we have had:wizard:

Here are Lisa's Facebook pictues from day 6:
http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=115734&id=748503235&l=82f461cfdc
http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=115752&id=748503235&l=a30d66c4f3

We started trying to nail down our plans for Collins trip. We were undecided about MNSSHP. We are not really halloween people so not sure if Collin would enjoy. Collin is not really into the scary stuff either. But after much debate we told our MAW volunteer to try to book that for 10/13. If nothing else it will be like an extra 1/2 day at MK. We also asked to have Collin do the pirate makeover. Ever sense he saw it he has wanted to do it. We are going to try to get it just after 4pm on 10/13 hoping we can get in for the party at 4. Still trying to get everything else planed out. Trying for reservations at Cat Cora's new restaurant on Boardwalk for the day we arrive. The flight we want gets in around noon so should give us plenty of time to get checked in at GKTW and spend some time there then go to Boardwalk for dinner. We are also wanting to eat at T-Rex sometime during the week. Now trying to figure out how to work in all 4 parks in the 3 days. Thinking of doing 1 day at MK, 1 day at DHS, and do AK in AM & Epcot in afternoon. MNSSHP will give us some extra time to get in anything we miss at MK. Just hoping the crowds want be to bad as we will be there during Columbus Day weekend. Our plan is to wait till Tuesday to do DW & hit Sea World and Universal Sunday & Monday. All this is still in the planning stage so any opinions would be appreciated.

Collin has had a pretty good week. Any time he is up walking and playing is a good week:banana:

Our MAW volunteer said she hoped to have the flight and other reservations finalized by Aug. 10th. Guess we'll know more then if everything falls into place.

We are praying for all the other families that dealing with their tough times. Praying that God will give comfort and peace.

Hope everyone has a great weekend.:yay:
Hello!! i am reading along!! congrats on the Wish Trip!! I am from a family of red heads too!! colin looks JUST like my brother when he was a kid!! adorable

just an FYI.. i was reading another trip report where a family was granted a wish and MAW made a reservation for them at the Pirate makeover Place.. then when they got to the end they were required to pay cash.. they didn't realize that they had to pay for it ( thought MAW did ) just a heads up.. i would want to know if i had to alot a couple hundred for that experience

have a magical time!!

Mickydees,hi,i am the new here.You are great,i've checked out your website and read on your guest book,that's great.....:flower3::flower3:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter