College Program Questions Thread, Pt 3

Status
Not open for further replies.
WHEN you apply doesn't affect your standing with the company as much as you might think. Disney puts people on a pending list specifically because they don't want anyone who applies later and is a great candidate to be left out. Because you put down a lot of different roles, I would say you have a fair chance of getting in. Hang in there.

WHEN you apply doesn't affect your standing with the company as much as you might think. Disney puts people on a pending list specifically because they don't want anyone who applies later and is a great candidate to be left out. Because you put down a lot of different roles, I would say you have a fair chance of getting in. Hang in there.

Thank you so much :)

I'm sure this has been asked before, but I just want to confirm that DCP participants have to buy tickets for MNSSHP and MVMCP. My family is starting to plan their trip to visit me in October and I just wanted to know the details so they know if they should get my ticket when they order theirs. Thanks!!

I'm sure this has been asked before, but I just want to confirm that DCP participants have to buy tickets for MNSSHP and MVMCP. My family is starting to plan their trip to visit me in October and I just wanted to know the details so they know if they should get my ticket when they order theirs. Thanks!!

Yes, they do. But, you get discounted tickets for yourself and three people on certain dates. So I would wait to have them buy the tickets until the dates are released for the discounts, then you can buy them.

I'm hoping to do the program the semester after I graduate from college...would I be able to extend my program since I'll have already graduated?

So its been about a week since my phone interview, and I am waiting very IMPATIENTLY.!!! Ive applied for the fall program 2012. Ive read through a good portion of this board and I still have some questions.

1. What is the social life like down in Florida between and for the CPs?
2. My best friend also applied around the same time I did and for the same program. How do we make sure that if we both get in that we can be roommates? and what do you think the best number of people to live with in the apartments is?
3. With the passes that we get for our guests to the park, i understand the 6 days of three passes. But do they get in for free or do they get a discount?

So its been about a week since my phone interview, and I am waiting very IMPATIENTLY.!!! Ive applied for the fall program 2012. Ive read through a good portion of this board and I still have some questions.

1. What is the social life like down in Florida between and for the CPs?
2. My best friend also applied around the same time I did and for the same program. How do we make sure that if we both get in that we can be roommates? and what do you think the best number of people to live with in the apartments is?
3. With the passes that we get for our guests to the park, i understand the 6 days of three passes. But do they get in for free or do they get a discount?

1) The social life is what you make of it. I know a lot of CPs got out to House of Blues or Buffalo Wild Wings for nights out. But that's not my thing, and I still have friends; we just hang out at the parks or at each other's apartments.

2)You should be able to request each other ahead of time to ensure you are matched-this is done online. If not, show up together for check in and you can ask to be placed together. I live in a 3BR/6 person right now, and that's a good size, but we don't have quite enough fridge space. However, each bedroom gets its own bathroom. In a 4BR/8 person, there are two fridges, but only two bathrooms. If I were to do it again, I think I would go with a 2BR/4 person, which gets you two bathrooms, and enough fridge space to go around.

3)They get in for free. You bring them to the special turnstiles at the first park you visit that day, and each person (up to three) is issued a 1 day park hopper valid only for that day. However, if you only bring in one person, you don't get to save those other two people for another day. For example, I used four days where I only brought in one person, so I only have two days left, but I could bring in three people on those two days.

Good luck!

hey guys I'm new here! so I have my phone interview Wednesday and I'm kinda nervous. what kinds of questions do they ask? and about how long does it take?

hey guys I'm new here! so I have my phone interview Wednesday and I'm kinda nervous. what kinds of questions do they ask? and about how long does it take?

Do a google search or take a look at some blogs (Like the one in my signature ;) ) for more information on the types of questions they ask. I think there is thread on this board somewhere that also has some helpful interview information.

Just had my phone interview today! Thanks for all the great information. Took a long time to read through this entire thread

So I found out today that I got accepted as a PhotoPass Photographer at WDW! I was a little disappointed because I really was hoping for Anaheim - California is where I want to be. But Orlando is cheaper, and it's WDW! So I think I'm gonna do it.

A few questions -

1. Anyone have experience with the Photopass job? how is it?
2. If I apply for an extension, is there anyway I could ask to be transferred to DLR?
3. someone told me they monitor what you look at on the internet. is that true? o_O
4. drug testing - how often do they really do it? i would never be under the influence of anything on the job, but I need to know if i should completely abstain during my time there and the month before

So I found out today that I got accepted as a PhotoPass Photographer at WDW! I was a little disappointed because I really was hoping for Anaheim - California is where I want to be. But Orlando is cheaper, and it's WDW! So I think I'm gonna do it.

A few questions -

1. Anyone have experience with the Photopass job? how is it?
2. If I apply for an extension, is there anyway I could ask to be transferred to DLR?
3. someone told me they monitor what you look at on the internet. is that true? o_O
4. drug testing - how often do they really do it? i would never be under the influence of anything on the job, but I need to know if i should completely abstain during my time there and the month before

As an answer to 4, I would avoid it at all costs. If you get caught with any drugs in your room or doing them in general, at work or not, you will be thrown out of the program with no questions asked. If your roommate sees drugs in your room and doesn't report you, they will be terminated as well. Drugs on the CP is a really horrible idea. For the sake of all involved, please do not do any at all.

yeah i definitely wouldnt have any on their property, that's a terrible idea. i'm more asking, do I need to pass a drug test as soon as I get there... I'm not a stoner but I smoke on occasion so I want to make sure I'm completely clean if so! im guessing i should just err on the side of caution :)

yeah i definitely wouldnt have any on their property, that's a terrible idea. i'm more asking, do I need to pass a drug test as soon as I get there... I'm not a stoner but I smoke on occasion so I want to make sure I'm completely clean if so! im guessing i should just err on the side of caution :)

You can be off property and still get terminated if your caught or it gets reported. I knew a guy who that happened to.

Just don't do it at all since it's illegal. Don't preach to me about how its non addictive and has never killed anyone, still illegal.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter