College Program Questions Thread, Pt 3

Status
Not open for further replies.
How does that roommate match work on the onboarding website? They ask for my ID and password that was given to me and I went back and read through all my emails and don't understand. If the ID is your candidate ID okay but then what would the password be?

I selected to be considered for both WDW and Disneyland programs, but now that I think about it I'd much rather go to WDW. I actually kind of don't want to go to Disneyland now. Will they ask me my preference during the phone interview? I'm just nervous that they might just place me at Disneyland or that having a strong preference won't look good. I should've just picked WDW.

I'm also nervous because my interview isn't until next Monday and it's taking some people months to hear back! Will it be Christmas before I know? I know it all depends, but did anyone else apply sort of later?

Oh, and I wanted to be considered for Character Performer, but there's no way that I can make any of the scheduled auditions since I'm applying so late. Is there any chance that there will be more auditions? Maybe during the program?

I selected to be considered for both WDW and Disneyland programs, but now that I think about it I'd much rather go to WDW. I actually kind of don't want to go to Disneyland now. Will they ask me my preference during the phone interview? I'm just nervous that they might just place me at Disneyland or that having a strong preference won't look good. I should've just picked WDW.

I'm also nervous because my interview isn't until next Monday and it's taking some people months to hear back! Will it be Christmas before I know? I know it all depends, but did anyone else apply sort of later?

Oh, and I wanted to be considered for Character Performer, but there's no way that I can make any of the scheduled auditions since I'm applying so late. Is there any chance that there will be more auditions? Maybe during the program?

When i had my interview she had me confirm a couple things and one of them was if i was JUST applying for WDW so when they ask just let them know you're only interested in WDW. I applied on September 30th and had my phone interview on October 5th. Still havn't heard anything but it hasn't even been a week yet! Some people are hearing back really quick, others are taking awhile so i think it just a waiting game. At the end of your interview they should ask if you have any questions, so just ask about the auditions then. Hope i helped :)

Has anyone here attended the engineer classes during their time at the disney college program? How was the workload, was the expierence intense? I'd like to come away from this with a better understanding of my field.

For business casual attire is it acceptable for your clothes to have patterns on them?

As long as they're not distracting and look professional, you should be fine. I wore a blouse with little tiny flowers on it.

In most cases, the only audition mid-program is the extension audition. This audition is for those who want to extend their program into the next season and switch their role to character performer. This audition will be a few weeks before your season ends. However, there was an audition a few weeks into my program for female CPs only for face characters. A few people (over 500 showed up) passed and they were immediately switched into Entertainment, but that's pretty rare. I'm not sure if they do that kind of audition on a regular basis or if it was a one time thing.

Has anyone here attended the engineer classes during their time at the disney college program? How was the workload, was the expierence intense? I'd like to come away from this with a better understanding of my field.

I just started the Professional Development Series for Engineering and this is set up as purely a lecture class, no homework. I graduated in the spring so this is a perfect fit for me because it gives you the Disney specific overview of engineering. I don't believe the classes will get very technical but rather show you your options at Disney.

So I have a bit of a odd situation.

I am married and my husband and I live in Orlando. I recently just got accepted to the college program (Yay!) but here's the problem:

I just found out I'm pregnant. I have already paid all my housing fees and the due date would be 5 or 6 months in to the program.

Would I lose my internship over this? (Along with that money!) or would Disney allow me to work up until I have the baby? Would they allow me to stay ay home or could I stay in the Disney apartment complexes? I feel it would be rather unfair for them to not allow me to do the internship over this and I have wanted to work there sooooo badly. I checked the whole Disney website and googled it dozens of times and could not find anything out.

Thanks

I feel it would be rather unfair for them to not allow me to do the internship over this and I have wanted to work there sooooo badly. I checked the whole Disney website and googled it dozens of times and could not find anything out.

they can't deny you employment due to being pregnant. but you should call and ask about what you need to do and all of that. at the very least, there is a medical accommodation form you will need to fill out.

1-800-722-2930. Ask to talk to the person who works with these types of accommodations.

I am married and my husband and I live in Orlando. I recently just got accepted to the college program (Yay!) but here's the problem:

I just found out I'm pregnant. I have already paid all my housing fees and the due date would be 5 or 6 months in to the program.

Would I lose my internship over this? (Along with that money!) or would Disney allow me to work up until I have the baby? Would they allow me to stay ay home or could I stay in the Disney apartment complexes? I feel it would be rather unfair for them to not allow me to do the internship over this and I have wanted to work there sooooo badly. I checked the whole Disney website and googled it dozens of times and could not find anything out.

Thanks

I worked with a CP this summer who was pregnant. I don't know any details, except that she was not allowed to work stock shifts, only registers (Merchandise).

Hi everyone ! I'm new to DIS boards and I recently applied to the CP in disneyland for spring 2012. I'm seeing that a lot more people on here have applied for the WDW CP . I had my phone interview 3 weeks ago, and then a few days later i received an email that said i would know by december 19th . This makes me kind of nervous since i'm seeing a lot of people get accepted really quickly . so i'm not sure if the waiting process takes longer for disneyland than WDW? I know there are more position available at WDW, so i guess that could be a factor. But I was wondering if anyone was experiencing the same situation as me ? or what does it mean if it takes longer for you to find out ?

If anyone could help me out that would be greatly appreciated ! Thanks :)

Hi everyone ! I'm new to DIS boards and I recently applied to the CP in disneyland for spring 2012. I'm seeing that a lot more people on here have applied for the WDW CP . I had my phone interview 3 weeks ago, and then a few days later i received an email that said i would know by december 19th . This makes me kind of nervous since i'm seeing a lot of people get accepted really quickly . so i'm not sure if the waiting process takes longer for disneyland than WDW? I know there are more position available at WDW, so i guess that could be a factor. But I was wondering if anyone was experiencing the same situation as me ? or what does it mean if it takes longer for you to find out ?

The person I know who applied to the WDW CP has been told four different possible dates to find out by four different CP staffers. She was interviewed five weeks ago. The most recent story was that she wouldn't hear until December 19 (which I have to say doesn't leave much time to rearrange one's life).

The email you received is a pending email. It means that they can wait as long as they want to get back to you. It is kind of like a waiting list, or the jobs you have applied for are really competitive and they are waiting for all of the applications to come in before they let you know. The people who are being accepted quickly are not getting these pending emails. Keep your chin up though. Some pending people have heard back already. Only a couple, but that's better than none. :)

I have been told that Disneyland in Anaheim is far more competitive, simply because there are not as many positions available to fill. Disney World is 4 theme parks, two water parks and more than 2 dozen resort hotels. Disneyland has only 2 smaller parks, and a handful of hotels. Good luck!

The person I know who applied to the WDW CP has been told four different possible dates to find out by four different CP staffers. She was interviewed five weeks ago. The most recent story was that she wouldn't hear until December 19 (which I have to say doesn't leave much time to rearrange one's life).

The email you received is a pending email. It means that they can wait as long as they want to get back to you. It is kind of like a waiting list, or the jobs you have applied for are really competitive and they are waiting for all of the applications to come in before they let you know. The people who are being accepted quickly are not getting these pending emails. Keep your chin up though. Some pending people have heard back already. Only a couple, but that's better than none. :)

I have been told that Disneyland in Anaheim is far more competitive, simply because there are not as many positions available to fill. Disney World is 4 theme parks, two water parks and more than 2 dozen resort hotels. Disneyland has only 2 smaller parks, and a handful of hotels. Good luck!

Thanks for the quick responses !

andtototoo: I'm pretty nervous if I have to wait until december 19th to find out ! My plan if I dont get in is to continue school and registration for classes is in november. But i'm hoping I'll find out sooner .

the claw: Ya I was thinking the same, that the jobs I chose might be too competitive. Most of the jobs I wanted were in the hotels, but my interviewer said those jobs were reserved for people with hospitality majors, and mine is interior design. So my other choices were lifeguard, photographer, attractions, and merchandise/retail. But I would honestly do any job but custodial to get in ! I really hope I didnt ruin my chances though.

scoopmorgan: Thats what I hear as well ! Thanks !

Thanks

The baby would not be able to stay in the CP apartments. However, there is no reason why you wouldn't be able to work (I know many CMs who worked while expecting).

Anyone have any info on the summer alumni program?

The summer alumni program usually only offers a few role each summer (usually custodial, QSFB, maybe lifeguarding, merchandise). However, it isn't announced until last second

Hi There! I'm Kristen.

I have spent the last week of my life reading this entire thread (from the very beginning, College Program Questions Pt1). So I just want to thank everyone who has participated in it.

I am graduating in May 2012, and several of my friends are applying to the Fall 2012 program after graduation. I am thinking I might too. (Originally I was planning on applying for lab assistant jobs, because my major is neuroscience and it would look good when applying to grad school for 2013)

I'm still deciding what roles I might want to do. Does anyone have any information about housekeeping? It's the one I'm most on the fence about, since I really don't know what a typical day would be like.

Thanks preemptively for all the help!

Hi! I just posted some of these in the interview question thread, not realizing there was a separate thread. Sorry! I'm new here.

I indicated on my application that I was interested in being a character as well, but then realized after that I will not be able to attend any of the audition dates (and many of them had passed by the time I applied!). I thought I heard once that if you are accepted into the program in another role and go, that in the first few weeks you can audition. Is this true? I haven't seen this anywhere else but maybe someone has had experience with this...

Also, I indicated on my application that my first choice was Spring, and my 2nd choice was Spring Advantage, but I realize that I will totally be available this summer to stay. Can I mention this in my interview? Will it help? Also, I have heard that if you are in for the Spring and choose to extend through the summer, you may be allowed to switch roles if you do not have too many points against you. Is this true?

Sorry for all the questions! Thanks in advance for any you can answer!

I have a question. Is it mandatory to live in Disney housing?

I have a friend nearby who offered to let me move in to his apartment. It would save me a lot of money if I could. Also, if it is allowed, would I be refunded my $200 housing fee that I already paid?

I indicated on my application that I was interested in being a character as well, but then realized after that I will not be able to attend any of the audition dates (and many of them had passed by the time I applied!). I thought I heard once that if you are accepted into the program in another role and go, that in the first few weeks you can audition. Is this true? I haven't seen this anywhere else but maybe someone has had experience with this...

About three weeks into my program they had a special audition for female CPs between 5'1" and 5'7". It was very different from the CP auditions that happen before the program begins because they were only looking for face characters, so there was no dancing or animations. A few people out of the over 500 that showed up were approved and were then switched out of their current role and into Entertainment. However, I don't know if they have a special face audition like this one every season or if this was a one-time thing.

As far as I know, there aren't any mid-season auditions unless you are auditioning to extend into Entertainment towards the end of your program. If you can't make it to auditions this time around, I would suggest going in a different role, enjoying it to the fullest, and then giving Entertainment another try at the extension auditions. :goodvibes

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter