College Program Questions Thread, Pt 3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Although keep in mind that if you put any interest in QSFB, there's a good chance that's where they'll put you.
In addition to the interviewer asking for your top 2/3, on the online application you are able to rank each role as high interest, medium interest, low interest, or no interest. Just make sure you don't say you have interest in something if you'd be miserable doing it. :)

eeee, I'm not too crazy about the idea of QSFB so thanks for that tidbit. Then again, I still have a few months before I fill out the app so anything could happen :rolleyes:

When is the deadline to apply for spring 2011?

Do online courses count for applying? or do i have to be going to a campus?

Thank you!

The deadline for spring 2011 was last year, sugar. However, I believe you can still apply for spring 2012. As far as I know, online classes count as being enrolled in a college, so yes, you're eligible.

So I have a question about the application process. I just submitted my primary application on the website for Spring 2012, and now it says that Disney will receive my application within the next 5 business days and they'd contact me when a position pertaining to my interests and qualifications appears...

I'm surprised that I didn't get sent directly to the web-based interview like I did last winter. I applied in this past March for the Fall 2011 season and filled out the web-based interview, passed, and got sent on to set up a phone interview in the one or two hours it took me to complete the app. (p.s. I ended up being accepted to the program, but decided not to go) Do they not do web-based interviews anymore, or do I take one after they receive my initial application? I guess I'm just a bit confused with the new format of things.

So I have a question about the application process. I just submitted my primary application on the website for Spring 2012, and now it says that Disney will receive my application within the next 5 business days and they'd contact me when a position pertaining to my interests and qualifications appears...

I'm surprised that I didn't get sent directly to the web-based interview like I did last winter. I applied in this past March for the Fall 2011 season and filled out the web-based interview, passed, and got sent on to set up a phone interview in the one or two hours it took me to complete the app. (p.s. I ended up being accepted to the program, but decided not to go) Do they not do web-based interviews anymore, or do I take one after they receive my initial application? I guess I'm just a bit confused with the new format of things.
From what I understand, the process is different this time. They email you or something about the Web-based interview instead of being directed to it right away.

Yeah I figured that out like an hour after I posted haha Thanks though :)

Now I just have to wait til Friday for my phone interview!

Ok, so I've been accepted into the SA 2012 program (yay!!!). I've been assigned attractions. How easy is it to pick up extra shifts? I (at least at this point in time) am planning on pretty much working whenever I can. I'm not taking any of the classes either through Disney or through my school so working is pretty much my only responsibility.

I have heard of the Hub but really don't know how that works, could someone explain that to me? And is there any way to pick up shifts in other roles or on other attractions? Would I be working a single attraction my entire 7 months or would I work an area or move around?

Thanks!!!

Hello everyone! I was accepted into Spring Advantage 2012 as a Merchandise cast member. I was wondering if anyone knew if there was any possible way to change your program season. I put Spring as my first choice, and I had forgotten that I put SA as my second choice. I would rather have the Spring program, but this won't stop me from doing the DCP;) I called them and asked about it but they said since I put it down as my second choice that they can't change it :confused3 but i'm still wondering if anyone out there knows anything!

please let me know! :goodvibes thanks!

Helllo! I just got accepted into the Spring 2011 CP as a custodial busser. Has anyone been in this position and have any experience they can share with me? Also, does anyone know if I am not particularly keen with my role I can possible switch it for another one? I am a biology major with an interest in business, marketing, or management. I just want to make sure my experiences can help me choose what I want to finally pursue in the future. Any help would be great!:thumbsup2

Ok, so I've been accepted into the SA 2012 program (yay!!!). I've been assigned attractions. How easy is it to pick up extra shifts? I (at least at this point in time) am planning on pretty much working whenever I can. I'm not taking any of the classes either through Disney or through my school so working is pretty much my only responsibility.

I have heard of the Hub but really don't know how that works, could someone explain that to me? And is there any way to pick up shifts in other roles or on other attractions? Would I be working a single attraction my entire 7 months or would I work an area or move around?

Thanks!!!

It's not too hard to pick up extra hours. You can pick up shifts from the HUB (as long as they don't require special training), and I'm sure people from your area will be looking to give shifts away as well.

It depends on your location. Some locations you will only be working at one attraction. For other locations, you may be learning a couple. But you won't be able to pick up shifts at attractions outside of your own (because of training).

Hey guys!
I'm new to the forums, but I've been lurking for a few months now. It's been awesome to read the thread from the beginning a few years ago and read all of you wonderful people's stories. I've learned so much just by reading, but I still have a few questions.

1. What's better-spring or fall?
2. With that, advantage or regular semester length?
3. TELL ME EVERY DETAIL OF AUDITIONS-from online application to purple envelope-does every get a phone interview?
4. Honest chances of being a face/fur character while in the program?
5. Which fields are the most fun- Attractions, Merchandising, etc.?
6. How are the dorms?

Oh and just something to know, I'm only a sophomore.:headache:

Hey guys!
I'm new to the forums, but I've been lurking for a few months now. It's been awesome to read the thread from the beginning a few years ago and read all of you wonderful people's stories. I've learned so much just by reading, but I still have a few questions.

1. What's better-spring or fall?
2. With that, advantage or regular semester length?
3. TELL ME EVERY DETAIL OF AUDITIONS-from online application to purple envelope-does every get a phone interview?
4. Honest chances of being a face/fur character while in the program?
5. Which fields are the most fun- Attractions, Merchandising, etc.?
6. How are the dorms?

Oh and just something to know, I'm only a sophomore.:headache:

1. Personal preference. But after doing both seasons, I prefer Fall better myself

2. personal preference again. But I would rather do Advantage

3. For auditioning- if you are accepted, and pick multiple roles, you will be accepted to one of the other roles before the audition. Then if you pass the audition, the role will be switched over to performer. If you don't pass the audition, you will keep the original role. The phone interview takes place in the beginning of the process. However, if you don't pass the WBI, you won't get a phone interview.

4. Everyone who passes the audition will be doing fur. It is pretty uncommon for CPs to get face. However, performer is a limited role for CPs (as not many are picked).

5. That will vary by person. For me, out of the different roles I've worked in, my favorite roles are attractions and character attendant.

6. quite nice. My favorite housing is Chatham

1. Personal preference. But after doing both seasons, I prefer Fall better myself

2. personal preference again. But I would rather do Advantage

3. For auditioning- if you are accepted, and pick multiple roles, you will be accepted to one of the other roles before the audition. Then if you pass the audition, the role will be switched over to performer. If you don't pass the audition, you will keep the original role. The phone interview takes place in the beginning of the process. However, if you don't pass the WBI, you won't get a phone interview.

4. Everyone who passes the audition will be doing fur. It is pretty uncommon for CPs to get face. However, performer is a limited role for CPs (as not many are picked).

5. That will vary by person. For me, out of the different roles I've worked in, my favorite roles are attractions and character attendant.

6. quite nice. My favorite housing is Chatham

Thank you SO MUCH!!:yay::hug:

I will definitely be back with more questions.

Actually, here's another-if I audition for Disney after I'm out of college, chances of face are higher or lower? And how long would I work there-like a year or would I have to come back seasonally?

And with the fantasyland expansion, just as a matter of curiosity, how many spots for CPers do you think will open up?

And I know this is totally unrealistic, but I just really want to be Mary Poppins! Or a parade performer...:D my ultimate dream would be belle, but at 5'9 I've sadly and slowly accepted the fact that it will probably never happen.

Thank you SO MUCH!!:yay::hug:

I will definitely be back with more questions.

Actually, here's another-if I audition for Disney after I'm out of college, chances of face are higher or lower? And how long would I work there-like a year or would I have to come back seasonally?

And with the fantasyland expansion, just as a matter of curiosity, how many spots for CPers do you think will open up?

And I know this is totally unrealistic, but I just really want to be Mary Poppins! Or a parade performer...:D my ultimate dream would be belle, but at 5'9 I've sadly and slowly accepted the fact that it will probably never happen.

Hmm...if I had to guess, probably a little higher. That being said, Disney is VERY picky when it comes to face (no matter what your status). And that depends on what you want to do (CP, FT, PT, seasonal).

Eh...probably not too many. I know that when Star Tours reopened (and it reopened as a new attraction), there were only about 6-7 or so CPs.

Hmm...if I had to guess, probably a little higher. That being said, Disney is VERY picky when it comes to face (no matter what your status). And that depends on what you want to do (CP, FT, PT, seasonal).

Eh...probably not too many. I know that when Star Tours reopened (and it reopened as a new attraction), there were only about 6-7 or so CPs.

Sad panda!

You are awesome.
Whenever I come up with more life questions, you are my person!

Hi! I've been accepted for Spring 2012 and was wondering about the courses offered by disney. I was thinking of taking 2 courses and just wanted some feedback from others who had done the program as to how difficult the courses are and how much time is involved.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter