College Program Questions Thread, Pt 3

Status
Not open for further replies.
My daughter has returned this year as a College Alumni. We plan on visiting her next month. She went on the "hub" to get a new Blue Main Entrace Pass" and has yet received it. Is there a way to check to see if her original Blue Main Entrance Pass was reinstated? Also what time is check-in for the resorts.

Thanks

What does everyone think is the best time to go, school-career-wise? Should you wait to go after you graduate, as a senior, or as a junior when most people study abroad? I am hoping to get a professional internship at Disney after CP. Will the time I wait after my program affect my ability to get an internship?

Does anyone know of a good resource to see what the job options are for the CP? I looked at the Disney site, but it didn't give a lot of specifics. My son is in a Criminal Justice program, and would love to do a CP stint if they have any opportunities with the security department (filing, typing in reports, assisting dispatch, vaccuming out the cars, whatever).

Quick question to any other alumni.

I did the program in Fall 2010. I decided I'd like to reapply. Last time I had QSFB. I'd like something different this time, but I am not sure if I'd be able to. I know when extending, you have to meet certain transfer requirements to change roles. But I don't know if the same rules apply when applying for the program again over a year later. I got a few attendance points during my program, so I worry that'll come back to haunt me.

I really want to try a new role. But I am afraid if I don't put QSFB on my application, I'll be turned down for not meeting the requirements to get a new role. Anyone know any information on this?

Also, I'll have to take the WBI again wont I? Or will it still be on record of me passing it from my old program?

I just tried to apply yesterday, but it wouldn't let me log in. Do I have to make a new account? I thought you could just carry over your application from the previous semester (Fall 2011). So, I tried to reset my password, because I know for sure I have the right email, but the reset email (or the subsequent 4 or 5 I sent out) never made it to my inbox.:confused:

I don't want to fill out the whole darn thing again if I don't have to. Any advice?

I think when they updated the site they lost the previous login information. I just filled out the application again. I had to recreate my account using the same email as well.

Also what time is check-in for the resorts.

3 pm

What does everyone think is the best time to go, school-career-wise? Should you wait to go after you graduate, as a senior, or as a junior when most people study abroad? I am hoping to get a professional internship at Disney after CP. Will the time I wait after my program affect my ability to get an internship?

I personally did it after graduation, went into a PI, then FT. I know that if you're looking for something long term then after graduation is better, just because many people end up not going back to college. If you go early in your college career, make sure you set yourself up to leave and go back to college.

Does anyone know of a good resource to see what the job options are for the CP? I looked at the Disney site, but it didn't give a lot of specifics. My son is in a Criminal Justice program, and would love to do a CP stint if they have any opportunities with the security department (filing, typing in reports, assisting dispatch, vaccuming out the cars, whatever).

Security is not an option for CPs. Here are all of the CP Role options.

I really want to try a new role. But I am afraid if I don't put QSFB on my application, I'll be turned down for not meeting the requirements to get a new role. Anyone know any information on this?

New program - new role. As long as you weren't terminated, then your points will not count against you at this point. You should be fine for venturing away from QSFB.

Is it too late for me?

I applied last week and got denied instantly. I called them and they said I made a mistake. I forgot to check that I was curretly enrolled in college. They told me it would take a few days for them to correct, or bypass, this error. I called yesterday, as a week passed, and they said it's still in the works and they would contact me when it was resolved.

I am a photographer and am in school for graphic arts and photography. I have a lot of experience working in resorts and theme parks along with customer service.

If lets say it takes till the end of the month for the problem to resolve, will I be out of luck to get a job in PhotoPass?

I have a few questions, will be applying for Fall program.

1.) I saw on an YouTube video that if you did not have any prior jobs, all you could interview for was the character performer and custodial roles? Is this the case? I have no job experience whatsoever.

2.) Is it recommended to get a job to get into the DCP? Is there anybody out there with no job experience that has gotten in?

3.) Will Disney introduce me to what they have to offer in the Information Technology/Computer Science field since that is my major?

Thanks!!

I have a few questions, will be applying for Fall program.

1.) I saw on an YouTube video that if you did not have any prior jobs, all you could interview for was the character performer and custodial roles? Is this the case? I have no job experience whatsoever.

2.) Is it recommended to get a job to get into the DCP? Is there anybody out there with no job experience that has gotten in?

3.) Will Disney introduce me to what they have to offer in the Information Technology/Computer Science field since that is my major?

Thanks!!

1)I don’t believe that is true. I have friends who didn’t have much experience and they were still able to do the DCP. Also, I worked merch and I didn’t have any experience in merch at all!

2)Not Sure

3)They will not introduce you but your managers will help you network if you tell them what your interest are. Also, there is a lot of information about networking experience given to you by the Housing Program.

Hope this helps!

Thanks!!

My DD did the CP in 2010. She had never had a job before, except for walking our neighbor's dog, and she got a role in Costuming (her major is Fashion Design). You should be fine!

1)I don’t believe that is true. I have friends who didn’t have much experience and they were still able to do the DCP. Also, I worked merch and I didn’t have any experience in merch at all!

2)Not Sure

3)They will not introduce you but your managers will help you network if you tell them what your interest are. Also, there is a lot of information about networking experience given to you by the Housing Program.

Hope this helps!

Thank you for your reply. It was helpful!

If you applied for spring and got spring advantage, is it possible to ask to just go for spring?

Is there any way to do the CP while staying on track with credits for graduation or do you really have to take a whole semester off of school? That's pretty much my deciding factor.

During the application process, I checked both WDW and DL as where I was interested in going. However, after more research, I definitely DO NOT want to go to DL. Is there anyway I can change this or will I have to talk to them about it during the phone interview? Also, if I do say I don't want to go to DL, will that hurt my chances of getting accepted?

Is there any way to do the CP while staying on track with credits for graduation or do you really have to take a whole semester off of school? That's pretty much my deciding factor.

What a lot of people do is either take online courses through their school, try to get credit for taking the ACE-approved courses Disney offers, or by taking online courses through another school or institution and then transferring the credits to your school.
I would recommend talking to your academic advisor or a representative from your school to find out what people have done in the past. Some schools will even award credit for doing the actual program. I think it is ACE-approved for up to 6 credit hours.
Worst comes to worst, you can always take the semester off and then catch up by taking summer classes and more credits after your program is over.

Hey everyone,
I've been stalking y'all for about a month now and find all the posts very helpful, thank you all. The program is something I have wanted to do since I heard about it when I was 11 (when my cousin did it in 1999). I took my time getting my associates and I finally graduate in May 2012, so the Fall Advantage program in 2012 seems like perfect timing. The past few weeks I've noticed how miserable I am at my current job and am determined to get out ASAP which means I don't want to come back from FL once I get down there. So I am trying to learn everything I can by reading all these posts. I tried to hold all my questions till the end (I've been doing a lot of stalking lately) but yesterday I started to panic, what if I don't get in the program? I need to get out of Massachusetts! I'm only on page 51 of reading your posts but since my panic attack set in I figured I'd start asking my questions now, sorry if they have been asked already and I just haven't read them yet. So thats my back story and now for the questions:
1) When do the applications for Fall of 2012 come out? I was going to wait till my school does their presentation but since the spring presentation hasn't happened yet I think they cut the presentations at my school. So I want to get online and do it as soon as it comes out.
2) If I do go to another schools presentation will they do the interviews after the presentation or would I still have to do a phone interview?
3) My school's website (Bristol Community College) says I must have at least one semester full time. I'm assuming this is for if I wanted to get credit for the program, correct? In my case I will have graduated by the time I do the program so I don't need the credit. On my plate this semester I have a full time job, part time job, and go to school full time. So what I'm getting at is if I end up dropping a class and going part time I will still be fine to get into the program, yes?
5) Back to the application, I will pretty much be checking every role on the application (within reason) so that I have better chances of getting it. Is it possible to rank your role choices? Do that take experience in that role into account?
6) I forget what post it was but I believe someone was referring to an equity cast member, what does that mean?
7) Someone also mentioned a recruiting session after their CP? Does WDW hire some of there CP as regular CMs afterwards. This is my ultimate goal, to become a FT CM.
8) Last question... for now :laughing: This is not about the CP but suppose I go seasonal afterwards, if I cant get a PT or FT job, can I choose the weeks I go down to work or do they assign me specific times of the year when I need to go down?

Thank you in advance!
Lauren

1) When do the applications for Fall of 2012 come out? I was going to wait till my school does their presentation but since the spring presentation hasn't happened yet I think they cut the presentations at my school. So I want to get online and do it as soon as it comes out.
2) If I do go to another schools presentation will they do the interviews after the presentation or would I still have to do a phone interview?
3) My school's website (Bristol Community College) says I must have at least one semester full time. I'm assuming this is for if I wanted to get credit for the program, correct? In my case I will have graduated by the time I do the program so I don't need the credit. On my plate this semester I have a full time job, part time job, and go to school full time. So what I'm getting at is if I end up dropping a class and going part time I will still be fine to get into the program, yes?
5) Back to the application, I will pretty much be checking every role on the application (within reason) so that I have better chances of getting it. Is it possible to rank your role choices? Do that take experience in that role into account?
6) I forget what post it was but I believe someone was referring to an equity cast member, what does that mean?
7) Someone also mentioned a recruiting session after their CP? Does WDW hire some of there CP as regular CMs afterwards. This is my ultimate goal, to become a FT CM.
8) Last question... for now :laughing: This is not about the CP but suppose I go seasonal afterwards, if I cant get a PT or FT job, can I choose the weeks I go down to work or do they assign me specific times of the year when I need to go down?

Thank you in advance!
Lauren

1) Jan-Feb ish
2) More than likely, still a phone
3) Disney only requires that you currently be enrolled (Part time is fine), your school will not have the ability to say No if you're accepted. I believe you're right, and that requirement is for people wanting credits.
4) :thumbsup2
5) During the interview they will ask your top choices. Yes, they do take previous experience into consideration when assigning roles.
6) Equity is a type of Entertainer (Dancer/Singer/Actor)... CPs are not eligible to be Equity.
7) At the end of your CP you can put your name on the waitlist for FT/PT. Waitlists vary based on your role/location preferences. My guess is that someone completed a CP then became a Campus Rep back at school and helped with the next CP recruiting season.
8) Yes. You must work 150 hours year rolling year to maintain your seasonal status. Some locations have more hours to give than others, so it's recommended that you provide availability during peak seasons when those hours are available. Peak seasons include Easter Week, July, Thanksgiving, and Christmas week.

haha like mu counting Berlioz70 1,2,3,5 thats how it goes right?
anyways thanks for the quick response I really appreciate it!

Although keep in mind that if you put any interest in QSFB, there's a good chance that's where they'll put you.
In addition to the interviewer asking for your top 2/3, on the online application you are able to rank each role as high interest, medium interest, low interest, or no interest. Just make sure you don't say you have interest in something if you'd be miserable doing it. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter