College Program Questions Thread, Pt 3

Status
Not open for further replies.
The backstage tours are awesome (both the general tours, and the special CM tours)! I highly recommend them. For general tours I've done Keys to the Kingdom, Segway at Epcot, the Seeds tour at the Land. And for CM tours I've done Haunted Mansion, Everest, Living Seas, GMR, LMA, and a tour of AK

For the CM tours, what kind of tours are they? Are they similar to any other tours with general information or more based on the ride/area itself? There are so many that would be awesome to take! Which one was your favorite (of CM and regular)?

Which tour are you doing on Sat?

Wild Africa Trek at DAK - super duper excited!!

For the CM tours, what kind of tours are they? Are they similar to any other tours with general information or more based on the ride/area itself? There are so many that would be awesome to take! Which one was your favorite (of CM and regular)?

The CM tours are generally ride specific. You typically get to walk through the attraction with the lights on. They show you interesting props, hidden Mickeys, etc. Then you usually get to go through with the lights off, but are allowed to take pictures!

My fav CM tour was Haunted Mansion. My fav regular tour was the Undiscovered Epcot. I enjoyed both Segway tours (Around the World and Fort Wilderness) as well, just didn't like Keys to the Kingdom.

This is kind of a weird question, but I wanted to know:

Does Vista Way have Elevators?

If I do get accepted, I want to know if my grandparents can come visit, since I don't know if they can handle going up stairs.:confused:

If I do get accepted, I want to know if my grandparents can come visit, since I don't know if they can handle going up stairs.:confused:

There are elevators actually. They are locked though. Only used for the cleaning staff and EMTs who need to use it to reach the top floor. I didn't know they were there until my neighbors had to call the ambulance and I saw them come up that way. They are behind normal apartment doors and you need a key to use them. If you talk to housing and explain the situation, they might be able to help you.

Or, what you can do is at check-in request for an apartment that is on the first floor, so they don't have to go up the stairs when they visit.

No unfortunately. None of the complexes have elevators

How do you get to do CM tours?

You can sign up on the HUB, under Development Connection (just be aware, some of them fill up VERY fast).

Regular tour would be the Segway tour (it's not backstage, but a lot of fun). CM tour would be a tie between GMR, LMA, and Everest. They are all extremely interesting!

Wild Africa Trek at DAK - super duper excited!!

Jealous! Can't wait to hear how it is (thinking about taking it).

There are elevators actually. They are locked though. Only used for the cleaning staff and EMTs who need to use it to reach the top floor. I didn't know they were there until my neighbors had to call the ambulance and I saw them come up that way. They are behind normal apartment doors and you need a key to use them. If you talk to housing and explain the situation, they might be able to help you.

Or, what you can do is at check-in request for an apartment that is on the first floor, so they don't have to go up the stairs when they visit.

Thank you very much! Yeah I was thinking that if there was no Elevators to request a first floor apartment! I hope they don't fill up too fast though!

Really...we were told they will call the school to find out if they have a 2.0. He was accepted and we filled out all the paperwork and even paid the initial housing feel already. I guess we will have to wait and see.

I believe if they do contact your school its a before youre accepted thing. Not afterwards. I know 2.0 doesn't mean anything unless his school requires it. The school probably won't care as long as he's not looking to take classes for credit. If he's been accepted you guys should be good to go.

I've heard stories of schools not even knowing their kids were going period. So I'm not sure how they go about contacting the school.:confused3

This question might sound a little silly, but exactly what colors/shades of nail polish are acceptable? I love to paint my nails light pink, and that's pretty neutral in my opinion but I'm not really sure if it is according to Disney.

This question might sound a little silly, but exactly what colors/shades of nail polish are acceptable? I love to paint my nails light pink, and that's pretty neutral in my opinion but I'm not really sure if it is according to Disney.

Light pink is okay, as long as it's not noticeable and look natural. What they don't like is loud colors and fake nails. I always wore natural pink for my nails and they said it was fine.

Okay, thought of another question. I know during Spring Break and other holidays you usually work longer hours because it's more crowded- If I applied for Spring Advantage (2012 hopeful) would I be working long hours like that the entire summer? I'm thinking the answer is yes, but I'd like to know for sure.

I'm new to these boards but I am waiting to hear back from Disney about fall 2011 (its only been 3 days since my phone interview and it seems like FOREVER).
1. By applying later in the application process does it increase your chances of hearing back faster? (My top choices are Merch, QSFB Cashier and Attractions..I did not mean to apply this late it is just how it happened)
2. Are you more likely to get one of your top positions if you have a substantial amount of experience in it? I have 4 years of recent retail experience
3. Does anyone have any suggestions on which classes to take through Disney College?

Thank you so much for any feedback you can provide! It is much appreciated!

Wild Africa Trek at DAK - super duper excited!

Is there a CM discount for the Wild Africa Trek? My DD looked on the Hub but couldn't find one.

What are the odds of getting a position you requested if you don't have any experience in that type of job before?

thanks!!! does anyone know of someone who hasn't had a job and got accepted to the college program?

My DD got in (after being pended for a few weeks) and she had never had a job except for walking a neighbor's dog.

I'm new to these boards but I am waiting to hear back from Disney about fall 2011 (its only been 3 days since my phone interview and it seems like FOREVER).
1. By applying later in the application process does it increase your chances of hearing back faster? (My top choices are Merch, QSFB Cashier and Attractions..I did not mean to apply this late it is just how it happened)
2. Are you more likely to get one of your top positions if you have a substantial amount of experience in it? I have 4 years of recent retail experience
3. Does anyone have any suggestions on which classes to take through Disney College?

I don't think anyone can answer the first 2 as no one except Disney REALLY knows but it's not supposed to matter when you apply. As far as hearin back and your positions.

1. Well...like someone said, I don't think any of us know for sure, but I applied around April 10 a year ago and heard back within 9 days. I applied the very first day I could this year and heard back 27 days later...:scared1: So...that is MY experience, yes haha.
2. This I would also say yes to, as one of my roommates didn't even put merch as one of her choices, but worked retail back home...and that's what she got. But then again, my friend has worked so many restaurants & clothing stores...and she just got accepted for custodial. A role they added to her list DURING her interview.:confused3
3. If your school has any requirements regarding the classes, they may not let you take one of the exploration series...but that is what I took last semester and I loved it. (No homework/tests...just show up and be ready to talk!:goodvibes) I took Exploring Guest Services and I intend to take either Exploring HR or Exploring Disney Heritage this fall...the latter was filled when I went to sign up.:guilty:

Hello everyone!

I just have a question about vacation time during the programs. Is there a time period (like a week or so) that the CP gives off? I'm thinking specifically for the Fall 2011 program (I'm calling tomorrow to set up my interview. Ahhh so nervous). Or is it sort of like only weekends or 2 days a week off?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter