College Program Questions Thread, Pt 3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anybody have any suggestions for work locations for QSFB at the Magic Kingdom or Hollywood Studios? I want to request one but don't know where. I was thinking the ice cream parlor on Main Street but idk.

Can a person request outdoor foods? I feel like that would be a lot more fun than a restaurant. Is it hard to get placed in outdoor foods? And what's a better way to request, by phone or email?

Could somebody please explain the CP to me?

It might be best to send me a PM.

I start college in the fall and am interested in possibly doing this for Spring or Fall or 2012. Thank you!
:flower3:

Also about Cirque Du Soleil sometimes you can get free tickets from your leaders and managers. (Could be fall only with the christmas package not sure but I know someone who got 2 tickets for free.)

Here's another question:
Are the one and two bedrooms really worth the extra money in rent? I've heard 1 and 2 beds are $99 a week and 3 and 4 beds are something like $80 or $75 a week at the Commons? Should I shell out the extra cash to get less roommates and/or more room? :confused3

THANKS!!! ;)

Question: If we found a roommate through facebook, do we still have to opt-in for Disney's roommate notification form online? Or just show up the day of at the same time and say we would like to room together?

Question: If we found a roommate through facebook, do we still have to opt-in for Disney's roommate notification form online? Or just show up the day of at the same time and say we would like to room together?

You show up at the same time and say you want to room together, you may even be able to choose each other via Disney's roomie notification thing but I'm not sure about that.

I am in! My email came yesterday (which I thought was strange, it being a Sunday and all).

I am Main Ent. Ops for Fall of 2011. :banana:

Hey! Is there a lot of difference between the different living apartment complexes besides some are newer than others? Is the higher costs worth it?
Also which one did ya'll prefer to stay in?
Thanks!:)

Hey guys, im new to the thread and been on it for HOURS. All your info is great but i have some questions. Sorry if they're a repeat!

1.Do you have to live in the housing facilities? or can you just stay at home and drive there?

2. Would it be best to take an online class at your school rather than taking an actual class? because i prefer
taking the actual class, but im worried that being the the program won't give me time for that. What do you think?

3. In you opinion, for the DCP, the presentation is on April 6, and you guys mentioned that the code you get after
lasts for a couple of days. So should i talk to my counselor first before the 6 about seeing whether i'll get credit or not?
And what courses that you know are exactly for credit in the program?

4. Im an audio engineer/audio recording major, and im wondering if in the program, it'll help me out
in some kind of way in towards my major.

5. No one hasnt mentioned really anything about courses. How are they?

6. And how much would you say you payed overall with the housing and without?

I've been looking into the DCP for awhile now, and just started doing as much research as i can. I'd love to be in it, so if you guys can help me out, that'd be great =)

I accepted my offer today and will be arriving August 22nd!
For those who have done the fall/spring program, how many classes would you recommend taking? I know Fall cps can only take 1 or 2 but I'm thinking of taking Marketing You and Exploring Disney Heritage. Any suggestions?

I also started a blog and have a link in my signature if anyone wants to check it out!

Hello! I am new to this site and I am very interested in doing the college program I am looking into doing baking and pastry (I am currently in school for it) but I can not find any info on it. Has anyone done this job before or if you know any info about it would help me out.

Hello! I am new to this site and I am very interested in doing the college program I am looking into doing baking and pastry (I am currently in school for it) but I can not find any info on it. Has anyone done this job before or if you know any info about it would help me out.

The closest roles to what you're looking for would either be Quick Service Food and Beverage or Full Service Food and Beverage. I don't think the college program offers cooking positions. But if I'm wrong, please tell me.

They have two culinary roles provided for people just like you who are in school for it and one of them is for baking. Here is the section on the college program website if you want more information.

https://www.wdwcollegeprogram.com/sap/its/mimes/zh_wdwcp/students/role_descr/culinary.html

So I had my telephone interview Feb. 24 for the fall advantage 2011 and I just got a letter in the mail today saying my application was "pending". Should I be worried? I've literally been holding my breath for the past few weeks and I'll just about die if I get rejected. I also have the character performer audition on March 30 so if anyone has any tips or advice for that it would be greatly appreciated!

So I had my telephone interview Feb. 24 for the fall advantage 2011 and I just got a letter in the mail today saying my application was "pending". Should I be worried? I've literally been holding my breath for the past few weeks and I'll just about die if I get rejected. I also have the character performer audition on March 30 so if anyone has any tips or advice for that it would be greatly appreciated!

Only advice I have is to knock them dead at the audition because the pending thing is 50/50 some get in some don't.

Hello, everyone! I just signed up yesterday and I'm so glad I did! This site is so helpful! Here is my question:

I'd like to apply for the Fall CP this month. I'm also applying for a program at my college this month. They're both for fall. If I get accepted into both and decline my CP invitation, will this hurt me when I apply for the Spring CP? Like, will they see that I declined the last one and think, "She's not serious about this. If she didn't accept our offer before, why should we offer her something again?"

I'm so nervous about this!

Hello, everyone! I just signed up yesterday and I'm so glad I did! This site is so helpful! Here is my question:

I'd like to apply for the Fall CP this month. I'm also applying for a program at my college this month. They're both for fall. If I get accepted into both and decline my CP invitation, will this hurt me when I apply for the Spring CP? Like, will they see that I declined the last one and think, "She's not serious about this. If she didn't accept our offer before, why should we offer her something again?"

I'm so nervous about this!

No! You have no reason to worry. Things happen where people can't accept or don't get the role they want and end up rejecting, but will still get accepted the next time :] Good Luck in both!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter