College Program Questions Thread, Pt 3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi everyone. I interviewed on Monday night for the Fall/Fall Advantage program.

Does anyone know if you can live in your own rental while doing the program?? I am graduating in May and we are moving down to Clermont before the CP begins, so I would have local housing.

I am pretty excited, even if I will be living in the apartments on property. Of course, if you know how old I was, you'd probably think I am crazy! :rotfl:

Hi everyone. I interviewed on Monday night for the Fall/Fall Advantage program.

Does anyone know if you can live in your own rental while doing the program?? I am graduating in May and we are moving down to Clermont before the CP begins, so I would have local housing.

I am pretty excited, even if I will be living in the apartments on property. Of course, if you know how old I was, you'd probably think I am crazy! :rotfl:

I was a "non traditional CP". I had permission to live offsite with my kids. I don't have the email address anymore, but I'm sure someone can get it for you. I had to send them address, phone, people I was living with, and swear that I had my own reliable transportation. I was a mom with a minivan, I think it's reliable. ;)

I sat down with DGF tonight and we talked about me being a CP. After doing the math, there's a chance we won't see each other from May til January (She doubts she has the money to fly down to see me). I know about Skype, calling, etc. but what are some other ways to keep the long distance romance alive as a CP?

No, you'll be fine. I know some people who took the WBI for practice but then didn't call for the phone interview and when they applied for real still get accepted. But of course you're going to want to pass it when you really apply but I'm sure you will again. :)

I had my phone interview this morning. It went...ok. To be honest I'm not really sure. She seemed really nice but then seemed like near the end she was ready to hang up. :rotfl: Anyway, from what I remember, this is what I was asked.
1. First we went over my application and was asked all the standard stuff about the Disney look, receptive to being paid between $7.25-$8.75.
2. We talked about my past work experience and she asked which job that I've had has been my favorite.
3. Do you have a valid drivers license?
4. The ever important why you want to work for Disney and if I'd ever consider working full time with Disney. She laughed/awwed when I said it would be a dream come true. :upsidedow She also asked if I had a favorite park or ride.
5. Would you rather work in groups or independently?
6. How would you describe your work pace?
7. She of course asked what my top 3 roles were and asked if I would be interested in adding custodial or housekeeping. She made a comment about how I had a good long list of roles at the beginning of the interview. This really made me nervous even though she said there was no right or wrong answer and after I said no, she just said ok and we moved on. I said my top 3 were Attractions, Merchandise, and Character Attendant.
8. Why do you want to be a character attendant?
9. What have you done in your past jobs where you've made a guest feel special?
10. How would I instill Disney magic from beginning to end at the entrances? Or something like that.
11. Do you have any cash handling experience? I mentioned working at a fast food restaurant at the beginning and after asking this she was like, "Oh at Culvers', right?" :laughing:
12. She asked about my experience speaking in front of groups and how it makes me feel. I mentioned most of my experience was from presentations in class so she asked what the longest speech I've had to memorize was.
13. She also asked how I'd feel about doing a job that was repetitive. Then she asked what I'd do if I was interrupted while giving a speech or something.

There might be more but this is all I can remember right now. And it's all out of order, just how they came back to me just now. I have a feeling if I get accepted I'll get QSFB because it was on my role checklist and I have experience in fast food. But I'll be completely fine with that if it happens. :laughing: At the end I asked if I could request a work location and since I said my favorite park was Hollywood Studios or Magic Kingdom she said that she had put that in. :) She laughed at a couple of my responses which I sort of took as a good sign but then at the end, I don't know. Like I said, I felt like she was ready to hang up and I took that as sort of a bad sign. But I could be overthinking. :confused3 I also think I sort of spoke too fast at times because I was nervous. :laughing:

So now comes the fun part of waiting. She said it would be 3-4 weeks but I really hope it's sooner just so I know for sure before I have to register for fall 2011 at school.

BTW, if I do get accepted at get QSFB as my role, is the training the same like it is for Merchandise where I could pick up shifts off the hub in other locations around the resort? Or is it specific to locations?
it only took them 2 weeks to get back to me and my friend. We interviewed on the same day, but I found out 5 days before she did. We think the reply went out by last name.

Ok so this is my first post, Wooo! and could use some help. I did the WBI last night and made it through to the phone interview (which is tomorrow morning), I have been reading through this thread and am feeling a little better about the interview. But is there anything is should be aware of before hand or any advice anyone would like to give me? Im pretty nervous and really want to get in to the program!

Also, what are the chances of someone getting the first choice role? I am hoping to get Merchandising, how competitive is this to get into?

I'm curious.
I applied at community college for the fall 2011 term. I got accepted and will be doing an Early Childhood Education certificate program, wich is 33 credits. I have plans to transfer to the associates degree program eventually.
Would the fact that i'm only doing a certificate program in college hurt my chances of being able to do the Disney college program?

Hi!

I'm so excited, I'm finallllllly doing the CP after waiting for the perfect time since college started! I had a few questions though, if anyone is willing to answer :)

1.Has anyone done Full service food and beverage? What does it involve? Did they like it?

2.Is there a way to at least place a request for where I'd like to work, like which resort or park?

3. How does the roommate opt in thing work? I don't understand it at all.

4. How do I switch my paycheck to direct deposit into my own bank?

That's all I can think of for now, I'll most certainly be back though! Thanks so much for everyones help! So excited :goodvibes

I was a "non traditional CP". I had permission to live offsite with my kids. I don't have the email address anymore, but I'm sure someone can get it for you. I had to send them address, phone, people I was living with, and swear that I had my own reliable transportation. I was a mom with a minivan, I think it's reliable. ;)

Thanks! I stopped by the presentation at my school today and they told me that I could apply to live away from the resort.

They said I was "non-traditional" as well. Code speak for old! LoL :rotfl:

I am so excited....checking my email constantly even though it has only been 4 days!

I have some. questions about the classes in the DCP, if anyone has done them:

Is there a maximum of how many classes you can take? I'm sure a student wouldn't want to take a lot because of the worlk hours.

About the books, I know that the syllabus in the DCP website has the name of the books for the classes, but when are you suppose to get them? Before or after you start the DCP?

I'm thinking of taking two classes so I can have some college credits.

Lol Steph i got mine after 5 days! Its never too early :p

Anyways I was wondering, are there small appliances in the apartments? (coffeepots, toasters etc....)

And do we need to bring TV's? and what else do you recccomend?

Hi there! Is there any real difference between the College Program and the Career start one?

1.Has anyone done Full service food and beverage? What does it involve? Did they like it?
-Doing mine right now and love it! It's a great role with good connections and a lot of guest interaction. I especially love that you get trained in multiple "subroles" instead of just doing the same things every day for six months : )

2.Is there a way to at least place a request for where I'd like to work, like which resort or park?
-Yep! They try as best they can to accommodate your requests. Send them an email and be sure to stress where you'd like to work and why you'd think you'd be a good fit.

3. How does the roommate opt in thing work? I don't understand it at all.
-They will email you saying that your date is eligible for roommate matching, and you click on the link in the email. I'd recommend trying to find someone ahead of time. It makes it waaaayyyy better! : )

4. How do I switch my paycheck to direct deposit into my own bank?
-Bring your checkbook with you to check in and they tell you from there

"I am so excited....checking my email constantly even though it has only been 4 days!"
-Haha I got mine after three! Disney really surprised me on that one. Good luck!!

"Is there a maximum of how many classes you can take? I'm sure a student wouldn't want to take a lot because of the worlk hours.

About the books, I know that the syllabus in the DCP website has the name of the books for the classes, but when are you suppose to get them? Before or after you start the DCP?"
-I don't know if there's a maximum, but if there was I think it'd be two or three. I can't really foresee anyone taking more than that. I'm currently doing a collegiate (hospitality studies) and exploration (guest service) and it is enough for me! My classes didn't have books, but I wouldn't get them until after you sign up for the class.

"Anyways I was wondering, are there small appliances in the apartments? (coffeepots, toasters etc....)

And do we need to bring TV's? and what else do you recccomend?"
-In the kitchen, there is a refrigerator and a microwave. We brought a toaster, blender, and Mickey waffle maker (Although we haven't used it yet...). I would also strongly recommend bringing some pans to bake in and cupcake tins... but that's just me :)

We got a tv for the living room and one for our bedroom.

"Hi there! Is there any real difference between the College Program and the Career start one?"
-I think the biggest difference is that the career start program doesn't offer as many roles.

I actually asked about classes during my interview since I'm interested in taking some if I get accepted and my interviewer told me that there's a maximum of 4 classes for fall advantage and 2 for fall.

Hello! I'm new to the forum and thinking about auditioning for the CP program for spring 2012.

1. How often do CP's get face characters?
2. How often do CP's get fur characters?
3. Has anyone done a fur character? What is it like?
4. I am a history major lol. Will saying I played Winnie the Pooh look really stupid on my resume?

Also, someone told me that some of the face characters are stuck up. I really, really, really, want to believe that everyone in the program is nice and wonderful, but did anyone who was face/fur have a problem with other cast members?

I'm 5'1ish so I know I am too short to be a Princess :( but someone said I might have a shot at Alice, but I'd be perfect for Chip, Dale, Pooh...it says on the site:
•Due to costuming requirements, special consideration will be given to individuals 4' 8" - 5' and 6' - 6' 3".

What does that mean?

Also how hard were the auditions? What makes or breaks it? Thanks

Hello! I'm new to the forum and thinking about auditioning for the CP program for spring 2012.

1. How often do CP's get face characters?
2. How often do CP's get fur characters?
3. Has anyone done a fur character? What is it like?
4. I am a history major lol. Will saying I played Winnie the Pooh look really stupid on my resume?

Also, someone told me that some of the face characters are stuck up. I really, really, really, want to believe that everyone in the program is nice and wonderful, but did anyone who was face/fur have a problem with other cast members?

I'm 5'1ish so I know I am too short to be a Princess :( but someone said I might have a shot at Alice, but I'd be perfect for Chip, Dale, Pooh...it says on the site:
•Due to costuming requirements, special consideration will be given to individuals 4' 8" - 5' and 6' - 6' 3".

What does that mean?

Also how hard were the auditions? What makes or breaks it? Thanks

1. Very often, it's more about passing the auditions than being a CP
2. More often than Face characters, since it doesn't matter what you look like in a fur, but be forewarned ALL face characters do fur as well
3. Never did it, but I hear it's hot as in, furry costume + florida sun= sauna
4. Lol that depends on where you plan on applying and how much humor they've got

I've never had a problem with anyone on the program, that being said there were a few face characters (usually the female ones) who seemed to think they were better than the other CP's. Not many, but a few.

As for your height, if you look enough like a character they bend the rules sometimes. Hope this helps.

It's a good thing to want to believe everyone on the program is nice and wonderful :-)... however... go in with a totally open mind and cautious back. I went into my program in 09 thinking everything was ...well, magical even after work. I was wrong. My roommates were pretty bad and i had a few "friends" stab me in the back NUMEROUS times. Are there good people... oh my gosh, YESSSSS!!!! Abosolutely!!!!!! But not EVERYONE is there for the good, sadly. Just be careful and if things are bad in your apartment, MOVE! Pay the 50 bucks fee to be happy... i did and it was the best thing I did for myself down there. But get to know as many people as you can :-) It's a lot of fun!! I met my fiance down there, so good people most definitely exsist :love:

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter