College Program Questions Thread, Pt 3

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't know if this has been answered before, so sorry if it has!

I am applying next semester for Spring 2012 and so is my boyfriend. We have a dog, so we have been researching off-campus housing in case we both (hopefully) get in!

So, my main question is how many hours would I work on a typical day and on a busy busy day? I am thinking about setting up a dog walker for those 8+ hour days.

Also, I have heard that you could swap hours and things like that, which might be useful in case both my boyfriend and I get in so we can stagger our hours and be able to take care of the dog too.

Has anyone gone down and stayed off-campus with a pet?

Thanks!

If you don't mind I'd like to hear the info you got about staying off-campus. me & bf would also be moving to orlando together for the time.

Ok, this may have been asked several times but when does the application go up for the fall?

Applications for Fall, 2011 Disney College Program experiences at the Disneyland Resort in California and Walt Disney World Resort in Florida are currently not available.

If you are interested in applying for a Disney College Program opportunity at the Disneyland Resort, continue checking http://www.dlrcollegeprogram.com/ for more information.

If you are interested in applying for a Disney College Program opportunity at the Walt Disney World Resort, you can sign up for email notification of opportunities by visiting http://www.wdwcollegeprogram.com.

For either resort, you can also obtain more information by telephoning the Walt Disney Parks and Resorts College Recruiting office on 800 722-2930.

for check in, what is involved when they inspect you for the disney look? Does anyone know anything as far as makeup goes, beyond the "should be blended in a natural manner"?

Ok, this may have been asked several times but when does the application go up for the fall?

It is not 100% but rumor has it they will be up thursday at 4pm EST. the speculation for this isthat they have gone up at this date and time for the past few years!! Soo get excitedd :banana:

^^Does that mean the presentation schedule will be up?

for check in, what is involved when they inspect you for the disney look? Does anyone know anything as far as makeup goes, beyond the "should be blended in a natural manner"?
You basically go to this table at Traditions and give them your name and they mark you off that you are there...apparently they give you a look up and down, but I must have been extra Disney-looky? lol because I didn't notice it at all...but a girl at my table said they looked at her and made her take off a bracelet. The makeup is just like... normal, not extreme. Black/brown eyeliner, mascara, natural colored eyeshadow? I normally didn't wear makeup to work because I have no idea how to do "normal girl" makeup lol:confused::laughing: On the first day, they won't yell at you or go crazy about your look, they just kind of...tell you what isn't right about the way you look and how to fix it lol. ASK QUESTIONS! Because this kid had these EXPENSIVE shoes on, and they were dressy, he asked if they were Disney-look appropriate and the lady said no... (she had heavy makeup and cleavage too, lol fyi:confused::confused3). I had little ballet flats on, which I wouldn't have been surprised if she said they weren't ok--but they were.:confused3

:surfweb: How does one go about getting information on the Disney CP, qualifications, requirements, who to contact, etc... Our DD is interested in this and working at WDW. Any and all info. would be greatly appreciated! :) Have a Magical Day!

:surfweb: How does one go about getting information on the Disney CP, qualifications, requirements, who to contact, etc... Our DD is interested in this and working at WDW. Any and all info. would be greatly appreciated! :) Have a Magical Day!

Their website is probably the best place to start :)

https://www.wdwcollegeprogram.com/

If you have any questions that aren't answered there, this board is probably the best place to get answers!!! Best of luck:goodvibes

Do you take any kind of notes during Traditions? Basically, do you need to be prepared to write things down at this or during work orientation? Or do you simply need supplies only for Disney classes?

Do you take any kind of notes during Traditions? Basically, do you need to be prepared to write things down at this or during work orientation? Or do you simply need supplies only for Disney classes?
It's always smart to have a pen handy but they give you everything you need at Traditions.

For people who have done 2+ CPs...what kinds of questions would they ask you on your 2nd interview?

From what I remember, they asked me the same questions. I think they started off the interview with some friendly questions about where I worked last time and what my favorite thing was, that kind of thing. But the actual interview questions were the same type of situational questions as the first time around.

I was reading over the "Disney Look" and I saw how strict they are and that I violate quite a few of them (body piercing , excessive jewelry , unnatural hair color etc) and I was wondering would they be okay if I kept my nose ring in but used a clear plug that can be covered with make up or should I just take it out and have it repierced after I'm done ? Dankie to anyone who replys :-)

I was reading over the "Disney Look" and I saw how strict they are and that I violate quite a few of them (body piercing , excessive jewelry , unnatural hair color etc) and I was wondering would they be okay if I kept my nose ring in but used a clear plug that can be covered with make up or should I just take it out and have it repierced after I'm done ? Dankie to anyone who replys :-)

Unfortunately, Disney Look strictly prohibits wearing any sort of spacer, retainer or plug in any body piercing while working.

I'll keep it simple. Disney Look at Traditions/class. Script tattoo, inner foot, barely peeks over ballet flats. Yes or no?

I think the answer begins with an "n."

I'll keep it simple. Disney Look at Traditions/class. Script tattoo, inner foot, barely peeks over ballet flats. Yes or no?

I think the answer begins with an "n."

Correct no. The tattoo cannot be visible...not even barely visible.

I ended my last CP at WDW with a restricted rehire status. If I were to apply to Disneyland would I still have this status?

Yes, you would have the same restricted rehire status. Your status is company-wide for all Disney-operated companies, not just WDW.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter