College Program Questions Thread Pt 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
...what dates are available for arrival/departure?

For the fall 08' season, your arrival will be somewhere in the month of August. Departure dates generally are generally within the first two weeks of January (I know that a lot of domestic CPs left on January 4th this past term- including myself). If you need to leave early for school related activities, Disney does approve leaves that are within two weeks of your original departure date. This includes RA's...

Departure Operating Guidelines - Approved Reasons for Early Releases said:
Be school-sponsored resident assistants, student counselors, student mentors, orientation leaders, peer advisors, teacher assistants or work-study program participants required to attend mandatory sessions prior to their program end date.

This is organized after you arrive for your program, and the process can be started up until about a month or two before your departure.

Has anyone used the Vista Credit Union? If so how to you get your money out at the end of the program?

I used Vista for my CP, and at the end I just closed my account (they said if I was ever coming back that I would still be able to open another one), and they gave me a check for whatever was in my account.

Has any CP ever been scheduled as a "spare" character? If so, did you get paid for the entire length of the shift even if you didn't end up replacing a character? Also, has any CP ever been asked to be a "van driver" to transport characters to their stations if there are no openings on a scheduled day for a character in your height range?

Has any CP ever been scheduled as a "spare" character? If so, did you get paid for the entire length of the shift even if you didn't end up replacing a character? Also, has any CP ever been asked to be a "van driver" to transport characters to their stations if there are no openings on a scheduled day for a character in your height range?

Yes you do.

And yes you can be.

Hey DisneyMagic123,
:welcome: to the DISboards!

Yes I have been scheduled as a spare. Yes, you do get paid for your whole shift if you stay till the end of your shift, even if you were not pulled to a character. However, should you choose to ER (and they give it to you), then you are only paid till the time before you leave.

I personally have not been asked to be a van driver, but it can happen for anybody in Entertainment. I saw a couple of Pluto/Eeyore height people as my van driver, and one time, I even had a mouse height person as my van driver.

I loved being a van driver. It helped me get my dream of wearing the yellow costume. I wish I had taken pictures.

I think teh fish is talking about the Character Attendant costume- the half yellow, half Mickey-drawing deal.

I loved being a van driver. It helped me get my dream of wearing the yellow costume. I wish I had taken pictures.

I think that's the one costume I haven't seen you in.

It is a great costume though. I love it!

Still playing the ever-so-fun waiting game.
Checking my campus mailbox 3-4 times daily... ahhh!

Anyone heard back yet for fall 08? I interviewed Friday the 25th, so only like a week and a half ago. i've heard that you generally get a fast reply if you apply very early though.

joanna- you said PIs have their own complex called Northridge...do they provide transportation for them?

Professional Interns need to provide their own transportation- Disney unfortunately doesn't provide any transportation.

Also, while I was down there, housing at Northbridge was first come first served. It didn't seem like Northbridge could accommodate all the professional interns (though I may be wrong).

So I am completely panicked now. The recruiters are not coming to my school until March 25th and I have already sent in my application saying that I am going to that presentation. I originally signed up for that because friends that have done the college program through my school said they interview in person and I figured that would be better. But after reading through all of the posts it seems that that isn't true. So... yea I am worried now. Are my chances of getting in really slim now?:confused: :sad2:

Hey Joanna (or anyone else who might want to answer), I was wondering if you could give me a little bit more information about some of the roles. When you were in Merchandise or when you were a Character Attendant, did you ever have to do anything really physically demanding? I see that under Merchandise it lists Receiving/putting away stock and deliveries, Stroller/wheelchair rental including repetitive lifting and stacking, and I was just wondering how strenuous these activities really are and if you are given any assistance. I am just worried that because of my disability I would have a hard time with some of those responsibilities. Does the standing for extended periods of time get really tiresome? I emailed the recruiters about it, but I'm nervous about what my reply will be.
Thanks so much for all of your help!
~Jackie:ewok:

Are my chances of getting in really slim now?:confused: :sad2:

:welcome: to the DISboards, Niquie Lilyana!
Going to the live presentation will not affect your chances of getting in.

What kind of paperwork did you send in? I sent in my application after my interview, but I didn't have to send one in before.

When you were in Merchandise or when you were a Character Attendant, did you ever have to do anything really physically demanding?......Does the standing for extended periods of time get really tiresome?

Hey Jackie, I'm sorry I can't really answer this question as my role did not have to deal with any heavy lifting. However, I'm sure if you state your disabilities up front with your recruiter and/or manager, they would be very accommodating and not put you in a role that would hurt you or make you feel uncomfortable.

They had me send in my application via the CP website and then print a copy to bring to my presentation along with the role checklist. But of course, on the applications it lists the school at which you are attending presentation so even if I wanted to watch the E-presentation I don't know that I could.

Also, thanks for the welcome! This site is so amazing and everyone is so helpful. I am incredibly glad that I found it.

They had me send in my application via the CP website and then print a copy to bring to my presentation along with the role checklist. But of course, on the applications it lists the school at which you are attending presentation so even if I wanted to watch the E-presentation I don't know that I could.

I did the same thing! I was waiting for the audition dates to be posted before I decide if I'll go to the campus presentation or the e-presentation. I indicated campus, but I would do the e-presentation if my audition dates ended up being earlier - I doubt they really get hung up on that question. I'm sure you can explain that you were just so excited that you couldn't wait until March - they love that stuff!

Also, thanks for the welcome! This site is so amazing and everyone is so helpful. I am incredibly glad that I found it.

You're welcome!

Ah yes, now I do remember submitting the application via the internet and then printing out the copy! It has been about a year since I was in the application process myself. :)

Like Brenna (Berlioz70) said, I don't think the recruiters would mind if you change your mind and decided to do the other type of presentation instead. It seems like the recruiters would be really nice about it. If you have any doubts/questions, I would email them from the email address they provide at the official CP website.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter