College Program Question

funlowellguy

Earning My Ears
Hi Everyone! Just thought I'd throw this question out there: I work at a university and one of my students just got accepted into the college program and will be leaving in February. Our staff wanted to get her a going away present, and we were just wondering if anyone had any suggestions of things that a new college program cast member might find useful or enjoy while they're there.

Any ideas would be much appreciated! Thanks!

Welcome!

You might take a look at the College Program forum. I know the kids live in furnished apartments, but I am not sure what they typically bring from home.

CASH!!!!

They don't pay those CPs much at all! :eek:

hi there, I post on the college program thread and will be in the college program starting January 26th. I happened to see your post here and decided to give my two cents. Depending on what you want to spend and what ind of person they are, you could do many different things.

one thing that just popped into my head is a gift basket, you could do a "remember home thing" and put in things you could only get at home (example: I'm from Cincinnati, so Cincinnati style chili would be one).

other things that come to mind are kitchen stuff or bathroom stuff, and keep in mind both could be Disney themed if you wanted them to.

Keep in mind, it's a dorm setting....the only thing secure is one locker with a lock.

I would suggest gift cards to Walmart. The kids get paid nothing, and spend what little cash they make.......well lets just say doing things kids that age do.

If you get them a giftcard to Walmart, they can get groceries and things they will need! There is a bus that runs daily to the local Walmart.

A bag of drugs.
Thats what I wanted in college. :flower3:

A bag of drugs.
Thats what I wanted in college. :flower3:

That's a wonderful idea Wally! Get them things like advil and cold medicine and anti-diarrhea pills so they can take care of themselves!

Hey Peeps! Thanks for all the awesome suggestions! We decided to go with a Walmart gift card! Thanks again!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter