College Program Parents Thread...

reesecup said:
Thank you both! We don't mind paying for the extra cost if she doesn't get a discount and she said she thought that may be what it meant. So, that is good news. I know Sat. will be the busiest for the party but it's our only option so that our son can go who is in college in Sarasota. Also, good news about them being able to get in the parks whenever for the most part! The only other thing, is we are going down Dec. 5/6. I really wanted to see the Christmas parade being taped but I think that is usually a black out date as well for MK. Does anyone know that for sure? And if anyone has ever been to it, is it worth it?

I may just splurge for the AP's for my son, husband and myself if she still gets in pretty much all the time. Sure wish our son got a discount for being a student in Florida.

Thanks again for the information. I always know I can find out by coming here!!

Your son can get a Florida resident annual pass as long as he changed a bank account mailing address to Florida or has mail from his school.

Christmas parade is not worth it at all. It is crowded and you stand around for hours watching the same thing over and over. Plus you daughter will have to sign you guys up for it because the good spots are mostly filled with CMs who volunteered because they will tell you what to wear. The year my friends and I did it we wore green Christmas sweaters and it was still like 80 outside.

Your son can get a Florida resident annual pass as long as he changed a bank account mailing address to Florida or has mail from his school.

Christmas parade is not worth it at all. It is crowded and you stand around for hours watching the same thing over and over. Plus you daughter will have to sign you guys up for it because the good spots are mostly filled with CMs who volunteered because they will tell you what to wear. The year my friends and I did it we wore green Christmas sweaters and it was still like 80 outside.

Thanks so much! His banking account was set up here and he has a job on campus and does direct deposit but he does have a mailbox at school. I hope that counts. I'll get him to ask about it!

And about the parade, that makes me feel better. We will just skip that then and head to the other parks that will hopefully be less crowded. I did think it would be fun though to say we were there when they taped.

reesecup said:
Thanks so much! His banking account was set up here and he has a job on campus and does direct deposit but he does have a mailbox at school. I hope that counts. I'll get him to ask about it!

And about the parade, that makes me feel better. We will just skip that then and head to the other parks that will hopefully be less crowded. I did think it would be fun though to say we were there when they taped.

Yeah if he gets mail to his campus bank account he should be fine. Even if he gets laud by direct deposit he should get a pay stub that has his fl address on it. I would call disney ticketing because they can tell you exactly what to bring but I know a lot of FL college kids who have residence pass but never changed their drivers license.

Here is the requirements to get the FL annual pass price from the website. I will say they want something exactly listed so a paystuf will not work; nor will just any addressed mail. I use the IL driver's license and my FL checking account statement.

Liz

Proof of Florida Residency

For each ticket purchased for an adult you may provide any of the following: Florida driver's license, Florida state-issued ID card (must have a Florida address, Florida based military id.

If you do not have one of the identifications indicated above, then for each ticket purchased for an adult you must provide one of the following dated within the last 2 months evidencing a Florida residential address together with a corresponding picture ID (passport, driver's license, state-issued identification card): monthly mortgage statement; Florida vehicle registration or title; homeowner's insurance policy or bill; automobile insurance policy or bill; utility bill; mail from a financial institution, including checking, savings, or investment account statement; or mail from a Federal, State, County or City government agency.

Anyone know if the DCP students get a discount on tix to MVMCP? Trying to get info out of my daughter is like pulling teeth? :confused3

dcp1234 said:
Anyone know if the DCP students get a discount on tix to MVMCP? Trying to get info out of my daughter is like pulling teeth? :confused3

They will but for the pre-thanksgiving days only and they must be bought from a Company D store before hand.

reesecup said:

We went in for a Christmas day parade taping and we had a blast! Yes, it is the better part of a day and yes it will be the same thing multiple times but we had a lot of fun. I say if you can afford the day, Go For It!! It was VERY COOL to be able to say we had done a very Merry Christmas Day taping in the Magic Kingdom!! :)

My daughter is doing her 2nd cp. It seems like last time we received information regarding discounts to purchase DVC. Can anyone tell me if this discount is available? Thanks!

My daughter is doing her 2nd cp. It seems like last time we received information regarding discounts to purchase DVC. Can anyone tell me if this discount is available? Thanks!

The discount is available for all properties except Grand Floridian and Poly. One thing to keep in mind is when I did my DVC tour I was told the CM has to be the lead purchaser with the other parties as cosigners. It isn't that big of a deal you just have to know your daughter would potentially have a mortgage if you aren't paying out right and she would be able to book on the points with out needing your permission.

Thanks for the info! I don't think I would want here to have to have a mortgage in her name for my dvc. Good to know!

jb:thumbsup2

I have a question about memory maker. Does a college program cast member get any discounts on the photo's they have made like when they go to the Halloween Party?
Thanks

So I am new to this forum but my daughter is at Disneyland doing the internship this fall. I am so disappointed to hear that cast members will not be able to use their passes to get into the park from the 25th of December to Dec 31st. We had purchased airplane tickets months ago to be with her over that week..knowing she would be working for a good part of it but hoping to spend time in the park with her when she isn't working. We purchased park hoppers for our family understanding that her passes would not work for us but I had no idea that they would also block out the students. I also feel quite bad for those kids who have no family joining them for Christmas...they can't even go into the park during that time...other than to work? I have to say this is so disappointing to me and will not be the best way to end what has been so far a great experience.

So I am new to this forum but my daughter is at Disneyland doing the internship this fall. I am so disappointed to hear that cast members will not be able to use their passes to get into the park from the 25th of December to Dec 31st. We had purchased airplane tickets months ago to be with her over that week..knowing she would be working for a good part of it but hoping to spend time in the park with her when she isn't working. We purchased park hoppers for our family understanding that her passes would not work for us but I had no idea that they would also block out the students. I also feel quite bad for those kids who have no family joining them for Christmas...they can't even go into the park during that time...other than to work? I have to say this is so disappointing to me and will not be the best way to end what has been so far a great experience.

That's disappointing. Www hardly ever blacks out the sat from entering (only 2 times my entire program) so I was able to go on all the holidays.

I understand the disappointment but Disneyland is so much smaller than WDW so they black out more often.

Yes, I understand that Disneyland is smaller but that will be the intern's last week at the park. I completely understood why she could not get us in on her passes but I think having not seen my daughter for 4 months that I will hardly be wanting to spend my days in the park while she sits in her apartment. Re-thinking our entire holiday plans is not what I was wanting to do this week.

Yes, I understand that Disneyland is smaller but that will be the intern's last week at the park. I completely understood why she could not get us in on her passes but I think having not seen my daughter for 4 months that I will hardly be wanting to spend my days in the park while she sits in her apartment. Re-thinking our entire holiday plans is not what I was wanting to do this week.

You can buy her a ticket to go into the parks. She might also be working a lot that week.

Liz

This may seem a little early to be thinking about this, but I am. When we moved our son down, we drove his car and our car. I am going to fly down and him and I will drive his car back when he is done. So, we are going to have to fit everything in one car. It's not as bad as it seems. We didn't have a lot of his stuff in our car.

I bought him a cheap vacuum cleaner and fan to use. If we are tight on room in the car, I won't be bringing both of those back. I would like to leave them for someone in the Spring program to use but I have no idea how to do that. I know I can't leave them at his apartment because they will just get thrown away. Any suggestions?

This may seem a little early to be thinking about this, but I am. When we moved our son down, we drove his car and our car. I am going to fly down and him and I will drive his car back when he is done. So, we are going to have to fit everything in one car. It's not as bad as it seems. We didn't have a lot of his stuff in our car. I bought him a cheap vacuum cleaner and fan to use. If we are tight on room in the car, I won't be bringing both of those back. I would like to leave them for someone in the Spring program to use but I have no idea how to do that. I know I can't leave them at his apartment because they will just get thrown away. Any suggestions?

If he hasn't moved in I'm not sure what you might be able to do. I don't think housing holds packages.

If you can't give it to him they always have a big donation shipping crate you can put it in.

He won't be using it as he will be moving back home. I was just hoping that someone else could. You mentioned a donation shipping crate. Is that something where you can leave stuff for incoming interns to use when they get there? I would hate to throw either of them away if ther is a way for someone else to use it.

If he hasn't moved in I'm not sure what you might be able to do. I don't think housing holds packages.

If you can't give it to him they always have a big donation shipping crate you can put it in.

Question - can my daughter get us into the Magic Kingdom on Sunday October 12 and 13th? Is that blacked out? I am taking my son and mother to visit her for the first time. We are going to MNSSHP on the 13th.

TIA.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter