College Program Parents Thread...

If we are arriving at Saratoga Springs the day before can I ship a box there? Can I ship them a box each AFTER we get home from bringing them. I am a "nester" and cant imagine them being able to survive until August with only what we can bring in one suitcase and one carry on lol.

So excited for them

Yes to both questions. Your daughters will have an address and the box will be held in the office for them. They should receive a notice that it has arrived but I always made sure my daughter knew to expect it.

WHOOHOO..:cool1::cool1::cool1: just about as excited for my daughter as she is...after being pended from first day of interviews and turned down last day off acceptances.. she applied again. This time.. shes in.. after many days of anxiety and tears and joys .. we can now plan the next step.
Intro..
DD.. Nikki 20 attends Univ of Oregon (GO DUCKS) Soph.
will be doing Spring advantage 2013 Custodial.

She got the acceptance yesterday.. we paid the fees.. she will be checking in Jan 21. Thankfully I had enough flight mileage to get the two of us to Orlando. We will arrive Saturday.. her check in is Monday. that will get us Sunday to possibly enjoy the parks. Hopefully one of her friends will be able to meet us and get us in the park.. HMM her xbf starts Jan 7. so he would have already done traditions and gotten his passes right?

Any suggestions on inexpensive ways to make this work.. I am hoping to stay in one of the Value resorts. Any idea how the hotel discounts work.
I figure it would be easiest for us to stay at a Value resort and utilize the Transportation from the Airport. When she checks in we will most likely get a taxi.

HAHA and to make things work for me.. seeing we had enough points for two one way to Orlando with United.. I checked my Alaska mileage and if I pay a flight home one way I will have enough points for a free return flight for DD. So basically I will be able to get a flight from Orlando for myself for $160 one way and all remainder flights will be free with mileage..

OHHh DD will be making a FB group for Spring Advantage parents.. will post info when it is started.

ohh one other ?? any idea of schedule of events once they are checked in? would she possibly have the day after off or is it full scheduled of events for her once she is checked in> She is saying Traditions usually is two days after check in... anyone able to clarify this?

My daughter applied to to Spring session and not the advantage. Curious what fees are we talking about - amount and what they are for and does this also apply to the regular Spring session.

Thank you.

HMM her xbf starts Jan 7. so he would have already done traditions and gotten his passes right?

ohh one other ?? any idea of schedule of events once they are checked in? would she possibly have the day after off or is it full scheduled of events for her once she is checked in> She is saying Traditions usually is two days after check in... anyone able to clarify this?

Most likely, but not always (sometimes it can take a bit before the Maingate arrives).

And the next day sometimes has the housing meeting. Traditions falls on the third day (so a Wed, if check in on a Mon).

My daughter applied to to Spring session and not the advantage. Curious what fees are we talking about - amount and what they are for and does this also apply to the regular Spring session.

Thank you.

The fee is $300 (which is rent for 2 weeks). And it applys for both regular and advantage

Thank you Joanna. I really hope she gets this. I don't know who will be more disappointed if she does not ;)

Hi there everyone!! :wave2: My daughter was accepted for the Spring Advantage @ WDW yesterday.. We are sooooo excited.. In all honesty I am excited and a little sad that my oldest child AND only girl will be leaving. We live in Southern California so making the trip out to visit more than once is not feasible. Anyway... I do have a few questions to ask. I apologize in advance if they have already been asked and answered...

For those who have their children already in the CP can you give me an idea on a shopping list of what you shopped for once your child received their apt assignment.

Also, I know there is no TV in the apt, did anyone purchase a tv for their child or have one shipped to them? I've read that they spend so much time out of the apt, do they need a tv?

Lastly, is there a site or thread where future CP's can try to meet possible roommates?
Thank you all so much! I know this thread will end up being a Godsend!
Blessings
Yvette

Yvette563..Congrats to you and your DD. There is a couple groups on Facebook of many others who have applied and accepted for Spring or SA DCP. If you do a search on FB for Disney College Program Spring/Spring Advantage 2013, Disney College Program Spring 2013, this will get you/her to the main tallks. there have been many seperate groups started for the specific dates of movein. I have also started a page for parents. DCP Spring/ Spring Advantage 2013 Parents I am hoping that people will join the group and give each other not only helpful advise but also support.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/430218563680184/ (link for parent group)

There are many sites on the internet with info on moving lists. Simply do a search for DCP Packing list.. there are some YOUTUBE thingies as well.

http://www.wdwradio.com/2012/02/the-disney-college-program-what-to-pack/

http://beth-john.blogspot.com/p/college-program-packing-list.html

Thanks Joanna for the insite on maingate passes. Im sure we are all awaiting that magical day of Passes. Too bad we cannot utilize them when we are moving our darlings in.

Getting excited for things to come... what a exciting journey for our children to experience

Thank you Joanna. I really hope she gets this. I don't know who will be more disappointed if she does not ;)

No problem! I'll keep my fingers crossed for her :)

Thanks Joanna for the insite on maingate passes. Im sure we are all awaiting that magical day of Passes. Too bad we cannot utilize them when we are moving our darlings in.

Getting excited for things to come... what a exciting journey for our children to experience

You're welcome!

Yvette563..Congrats to you and your DD. There is a couple groups on Facebook of many others who have applied and accepted for Spring or SA DCP. If you do a search on FB for Disney College Program Spring/Spring Advantage 2013, Disney College Program Spring 2013, this will get you/her to the main tallks. there have been many seperate groups started for the specific dates of movein. I have also started a page for parents. DCP Spring/ Spring Advantage 2013 Parents I am hoping that people will join the group and give each other not only helpful advise but also support.

There are many sites on the internet with info on moving lists. Simply do a search for DCP Packing list.. there are some YOUTUBE thingies as well.

I just put in a request to join your group. My DD was accepted for Attractions.

:wave2: JMQIDOC,

Thanks so much for all the info! This helps sooooo much.. Will definitely be joining your FB group! Thanks again...

Blessings
Yvette

My niece just got accepted today!!!

I know as a server but I dont know any other details. I am so excited for her.

She is also going to try out for the character audtions next month!!!

My daughter got her acceptance today - so excited for her! Was rejected and heartbroken last session. She got concierge ... does anyone know how this differs from hospitality? Will be bringing her down there from California .. looking forward to learning as much as I can from these boards!

Hi Everyone!! :wave2:

My DD received her acceptance today to the Spring Advantage 2013!! She will be in Main Entrance Operations. We have been on pins and needles waiting, but she is soooo excited!! She accepted and paid her fees today. Now she's just waiting to pick her arrival date. :woohoo:

I'll be joining the parents facebook group!

My daughter got her acceptance today - so excited for her! Was rejected and heartbroken last session. She got concierge ... does anyone know how this differs from hospitality? Will be bringing her down there from California .. looking forward to learning as much as I can from these boards!

:wave2: Eyepga,
CONGRATULATIONS to you and your daughter. My daughter was accepted the other day. We too live in Southern California.. She chose her check in date as Jan 7th. Has your daughter chose her check in date? Where abouts in So Cal are you if you don't mind me asking...

Yvette

hi everyone!! :wave2:

My dd received her acceptance today to the spring advantage 2013!! She will be in main entrance operations. We have been on pins and needles waiting, but she is soooo excited!! She accepted and paid her fees today. Now she's just waiting to pick her arrival date. :woohoo:

I'll be joining the parents facebook group!

congratulations!

:wave2: Eyepga,
CONGRATULATIONS to you and your daughter. My daughter was accepted the other day. We too live in Southern California.. She chose her check in date as Jan 7th. Has your daughter chose her check in date? Where abouts in So Cal are you if you don't mind me asking...

Yvette
Yvette,
Congratulations to you and your daughter, too. We live near the LA/Ventura county line. Daughter's check in day is Feb 4th. She got a concierge role and that's when they all check in. Do you know anything about roommate surveys?

My son is in the midst of the application processs ....

He had his phone interview yesterday and today he's gotten a message I haven't seen mention in any of the "application process" threads. He has paperwork to complete and from what he can tell it's a background check form. What does that mean? If he passes, it's all good?

My poor daughter is on day 13 today still in progress. She is so frustrated seeing some get accepted 3 days after their phone interview. There doesnt seem to be any acceptances going out today (at least to those on the fb pages)

Yvette,
Congratulations to you and your daughter, too. We live near the LA/Ventura county line. Daughter's check in day is Feb 4th. She got a concierge role and that's when they all check in. Do you know anything about roommate surveys?

Im not too sure. I know my daughter has joined a facebook group for CP SA Check-In date Jan 7th, and she has filled out a roomate survey there.. I would definitely have her check there. I also read on a blog or thread that they could find a roomie(s) through the DCP website but I didn't see anything listed. :confused3 Are you planning on flying out with your daughter? Have you seen the airline prices? GOOOOOODNESS they are ridiculous right now! I'm really hoping they will go down as their depature date get closer.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter