• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

College Program Parents Thread...

hahaha - no worries! What school in Boston, may I ask? I know there are a lot, but I go to school in Boston too, so I might know him.

He will be graduating from AI - The New England Institute of Art - graphic design. The school is on RT 9 in Brooklyn just down the street from Fenway. His dorm is up on Comm. Ave.

Ohh, okay. I know people at New England School of Art & Design, but not Institute of Art.

Not as small of a world as I thought it was. :rotfl:

He's actually referring to the Cast Member discount on Disney Vacation Club memberships, which as a courtesy is extended to the parents of Disney Internship Programs Participants.

Wow, I didn't know this! I've been thinking about adding a VERY small contract onto our membership but now I'll wait till DD starts the CP. Tell me, is this discount available to just the Internship Participants or to all in the College Program? <fingers crossed>

Wow, I didn't know this! I've been thinking about adding a VERY small contract onto our membership but now I'll wait till DD starts the CP. Tell me, is this discount available to just the Internship Participants or to all in the College Program? <fingers crossed>

Those are one and the same. The Internship Participants also could include Career Start and the International Programmers.

Those are one and the same. The Internship Participants also could include Career Start and the International Programmers.

Ah, okay. Thanks! I was confused because I thought you were referring only to the folks in the Professional Internship Program This is great that we, the parents of CPers, can get a DVC discount. :banana:

WE ARE DOING THE DISNEY HAPPY DANCE!!

My daughter applied the day apps came out on Jan. 20th had phone interview on Jan. 27th. Got a thank you email for interview a couple days later and never heard anything after that! She called about 3 weeks ago and they told her she was pending! than on March 8th we went to a college presentation and spoke to the recruiter who told her she should have got something by email! So, she called this past Thursday 3/11 and they said and I quote "you should be getting something for YOUR Fall advantage program" so needless to say she thought that sound like good news and sure enough in the mail yesterday was her PURPLE FOLDER!! I told her that it was worth the loooooooong wait:woohoo:

I am very surprised that she got photopass because I know it is very competitive!! But she is a film/photography major so I think that has alot to do with it!!

So, are there any parents out there that have kids doing photopass now or past photopass CP parents that can give some tips or answer some questions?

I heard that Photopass needs to wear White sneakers, is this true and do they have to have a certain brand? I would love to get her a pair or two to break in before she goes!!

Any other tips or suggestions would be great!! Thanks!!:cheer2:

Congratulations! I know how excited you are :goodvibes

I'm sorry, I don't have any experience with Photopass, but I do think they ~try~ to place the students in the area of their major (I know it's not always possible). My DD is a Fashion Design major and is in Costuming (her first choice), also after being pended for several weeks.

My tip would be to read this whole thread! I know it's long, but there's a lot of good information in it. Then ask any other questions you might have - it's overwhelming and I didn't really even know what to ask! But I'll be glad to answer any questions that I can. :)

Congratulations! I know how excited you are :goodvibes

I'm sorry, I don't have any experience with Photopass, but I do think they ~try~ to place the students in the area of their major (I know it's not always possible). My DD is a Fashion Design major and is in Costuming (her first choice), also after being pended for several weeks.

My tip would be to read this whole thread! I know it's long, but there's a lot of good information in it. Then ask any other questions you might have - it's overwhelming and I didn't really even know what to ask! But I'll be glad to answer any questions that I can. :)

i wish mine was relative to my major, altho disneyland doesn't really have anything biological related there :l I got QFSB which wasn't even a choice of mine....

My daughter applied the day apps came out on Jan. 20th had phone interview on Jan. 27th. Got a thank you email for interview a couple days later and never heard anything after that! She called about 3 weeks ago and they told her she was pending! than on March 8th we went to a college presentation and spoke to the recruiter who told her she should have got something by email! So, she called this past Thursday 3/11 and they said and I quote "you should be getting something for YOUR Fall advantage program" so needless to say she thought that sound like good news and sure enough in the mail yesterday was her PURPLE FOLDER!! I told her that it was worth the loooooooong wait:woohoo:

I am very surprised that she got photopass because I know it is very competitive!! But she is a film/photography major so I think that has alot to do with it!!

So, are there any parents out there that have kids doing photopass now or past photopass CP parents that can give some tips or answer some questions?

I heard that Photopass needs to wear White sneakers, is this true and do they have to have a certain brand? I would love to get her a pair or two to break in before she goes!!

Congrats to your DD on her acceptance. As far as photopass photographer goes, I don't know much about that role. But here is a link to a current cp, who happens to be a photopass photographer. Hope this helps.
http://marinawdwcp.blogspot.com/

Are the discounts on rooms available to us if we go down a few days before my daughter has to check in. If so, how do you get them. Is there a code? Thanks for any info.

Are the discounts on rooms available to us if we go down a few days before my daughter has to check in. If so, how do you get them. Is there a code? Thanks for any info.

No, she needs to have already started working. However, room-only & package discounts are available for you guys if that helps - it won't be as good as a discount, but it's something.

Congrats to your DD on her acceptance. As far as photopass photographer goes, I don't know much about that role. But here is a link to a current cp, who happens to be a photopass photographer. Hope this helps.
http://marinawdwcp.blogspot.com/

Thank you sooo much for posting this link!! Very helpful!!

Ok, so here are some more questions..........

1. What kind of socks are photopass suppose to wear?

2. Do both Chatham and Patterson bedrooms have their own bathrooms?

I am sure I will have more questions but I am now off to Chipotle for lunch!!!

Laurie

Thank you sooo much for posting this link!! Very helpful!!

Ok, so here are some more questions..........

1. What kind of socks are photopass suppose to wear?

2. Do both Chatham and Patterson bedrooms have their own bathrooms?

I am sure I will have more questions but I am now off to Chipotle for lunch!!!

Laurie

1. They wear white socks

2. All 3 Patterson sizes and Chatham 1-3 bedrooms have a bathroom for each bedroom (Chatham 4-bedrooms have 2.5 baths).

Congrats to your daughter!! I had a few really good friends who were photopass and most of them absolutely loved it. I was thinking about applying again for fall photopass, but decided that something else was more of a priority in my life at the moment---anyyway lol...

A word of advice that I heard from my photopass friends, make sure your daughter drinks a lot of water whenever possible. For fall advantage, you will be there over the HOT HOT HOT summer months and the photopass people I knew worked on Main Street at MK and in Animal Kingdom... 2 of probably the hottest areas to work. The MK people said the sun just beats down on you HARD when you are on the black pavement and it's easy to feel totally exhausted after a while.

Other than that they said it was a lot of fun!!

Good luck :goodvibes

Can the CP kids use the Epcot Clinic if they get sick?

Can the CP kids use the Epcot Clinic if they get sick?

No.

Use of the Center for Living Well, located in the Epcot Cast Member Parking Lot, is limited to those Cast Members and Employees of The Walt Disney Company and Affiliated Companies covered by a CIGNA Health Insurance Benefit (mostly Full Time Cast Members).

A friends daughter has been accepted to the CP Fall program. They have never been to Disney so they are looking to me for help. I don't know where to start planning for a CP parents vacation. They plan on going down for 1 night in Aug. to get their daughter settled in, 4 nights in Oct. during our fall break to experience Food and Wine festival, and then the whole family in Dec to finish out her time spent in the world.

Can anyone help with discounts they would qualify for like room/ tickets for her parents.Also, during their travel how much time can they expect to have with their daughter. I am doing their dining plans and don't even know if she could even join them. Thank you so much for all your help with this. I am so jealous of all you parents, you must be so proud.

A friends daughter has been accepted to the CP Fall program. They have never been to Disney so they are looking to me for help. I don't know where to start planning for a CP parents vacation. They plan on going down for 1 night in Aug. to get their daughter settled in, 4 nights in Oct. during our fall break to experience Food and Wine festival, and then the whole family in Dec to finish out her time spent in the world.

Can anyone help with discounts they would qualify for like room/ tickets for her parents.Also, during their travel how much time can they expect to have with their daughter. I am doing their dining plans and don't even know if she could even join them. Thank you so much for all your help with this. I am so jealous of all you parents, you must be so proud.

For the trip to take her there - they will just need to make a reservation with a discount available to the general public - after that they can have their daughter make room reservations for them using her discount - if she stays with them it will be a bit better of a discount as well. She can do that after she gets settled in.

For dining plans I always make my reservations assuming my daughter can come and if she can't we show up with one less - never a problem. Seriously.

If she wants she can ask for time off when they are there - well for the middle trip anyway; for the end of the program she will most likely not be able to take off. We all went in December though and still spent a fair amount of time with my daughter and she stayed with us so she was there overnights anyway.

Liz

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter