College Program Parents Thread...

Merline found Tiffany. They are "friends" on facebook. Honestly, I don't know how all that works. I don't do facebook now but if Tiff gets in, I am sure I will have to get a quick course.
Well, now we will ALL just have to sit back and wait to see what happens :)
Thanks for all your help. I really appreciate it!

My DD interviewed Feb 6 and got a pending letter on March 4. It said she would know by April 17. This is the first time she has been able to apply and graduates in May so she won't have another opportunity. She has wanted to do this for a long, long time. I think I'm more nervous than she is but she is anxious because she wants to know how to plan for the fall!

Wow. I can completely understand that. My daugther is a sophomore so she technically could try again but since this is her second attempt, I fear she will just give up.

I watch for the mail too but I am assuming now I can a least take a break from it for a couple days. I am hoping she doesn't getting a pending letter. That will just about drive me crazy.

Wow. I can completely understand that. My daugther is a sophomore so she technically could try again but since this is her second attempt, I fear she will just give up.

I watch for the mail too but I am assuming now I can a least take a break from it for a couple days. I am hoping she doesn't getting a pending letter. That will just about drive me crazy.
I am sure that Tiffany will get one. I was crazy for a week looking in the mail box and she calls me and says she got a big envelope in her mail box at school. That brat!! Its nerve wrecking since its such a great opportunity for them. Scary but they will grow so much. Merline got qs but she just wanted in. She has never worked before so anything is going to be an adventure for her. I am glad they met on facebook. Keep me updated. I think they are getting their letters on during the weekends so keep your fingers crossed.:thumbsup2

:woohoo:Well.......TIFFANY IS IN!!! It was not a smooth process though. Yesterday was 6 WEEKS since the interview and nothing so she made a call. Evidently the recruiter was not sure what happened. She said she made her decision 2 days after the interview. Weird. That's all behind us now. Now all we have to do is wait for that folder. She is supposed to leave in May and work in Merchandising. Needless to say, she is extremely happy and the nerves are beginning to set in a little.

Thanks for everyone's comments. I thought I was going to go crazy!

My DD interviewed Feb 6 and got a pending letter on March 4. It said she would know by April 17. This is the first time she has been able to apply and graduates in May so she won't have another opportunity. She has wanted to do this for a long, long time. I think I'm more nervous than she is but she is anxious because she wants to know how to plan for the fall!
Im in the same situation as your daughter it really stinks i just want to find out either way so i can decide what to do once i graduate.
:woohoo:Well.......TIFFANY IS IN!!! It was not a smooth process though. Yesterday was 6 WEEKS since the interview and nothing so she made a call. Evidently the recruiter was not sure what happened. She said she made her decision 2 days after the interview. Weird. That's all behind us now. Now all we have to do is wait for that folder. She is supposed to leave in May and work in Merchandising. Needless to say, she is extremely happy and the nerves are beginning to set in a little.

Congrats!! thats a happy ending to a bad story

Congrats to her! :)

My son is still waiting to hear (he got the dreaded 4/17 pending letter). Has anyone who got the 4/17 pending letter heard back yet? This is as stressful as when he applied for college. Ben called the CP prgoram hoping to improve his chances by adding additional work preferences. He originally asked for Hospitality, Merchandising, bell services dispatch, attractions, and main entrance operations but wishes he'd added six more. The CP folks told him it's too late to add additional options so it's in the hands of fate. Argh!

I'll bet there are lots of 4/17 pending folks out there so I'll post as soon as I hear...

My son is still waiting to hear (he got the dreaded 4/17 pending letter). Has anyone who got the 4/17 pending letter heard back yet? This is as stressful as when he applied for college. Ben called the CP prgoram hoping to improve his chances by adding additional work preferences. He originally asked for Hospitality, Merchandising, bell services dispatch, attractions, and main entrance operations but wishes he'd added six more. The CP folks told him it's too late to add additional options so it's in the hands of fate. Argh!

I'll bet there are lots of 4/17 pending folks out there so I'll post as soon as I hear...

From what I've read from facebook some people who got pending letters have already gotten accepted. And from what I've seen none have been rejected. So hopefully those pending won't have to wait until April 17th! And hopefully it will be a good outcome for everyone! :thumbsup2 Good luck to everybody pending!!! Hope to see you all down there!!!

Hi Everyone! My DD just had her interview today. She thinks it went very well. The interviewer recommended her for The Great Movie Ride, or for Table Food Service. Did anyone else's interviewer submit recommendations in for you when you interviewed? I hope this is a good sign for her. She's really excited!

Yep! All interviews make recommendations, however, I've never heard of one of them telling the applicant! Congrats to her!

Your daughter must have really done well if the interviewer was openly thinking about where she might best fit. This is a great sign. Now comes the hard part - the waiting - I hope she hears soon.:cool1:

Thanks so much to both of you. I'm sure that Mickey himself will be at her door soon with a costume and purple folder!

Hi everyone! This is my first time posting a comment. My DD is in the same boat as a lot of you-- she interviewed on 2/28 and received the dreaded "pending" letter on 3/10. We havent heard anything yet. This is torture. She graduates in May and is sooo anxious to find out if she's in or not. I feel so bad for these kids who are so patiently waiting--how terrible it would be if after all this time waiting they're rejected. We're trying to stay positive tho! Good luck to all who are still in Limbo and to those who've already been accepted. Rita S. and Bildmouse-- keep updating--Im interested in the outcome of your DS and DD!

By the way-- my DD applied for Fall Advantage. I havent seen the applications but I assumed that they state to apply for 3 positions because my DD only applied for 3. Can you really apply for as many as you like?

Hi everyone! This is my first time posting a comment. My DD is in the same boat as a lot of you-- she interviewed on 2/28 and received the dreaded "pending" letter on 3/10. We havent heard anything yet. This is torture. She graduates in May and is sooo anxious to find out if she's in or not. I feel so bad for these kids who are so patiently waiting--how terrible it would be if after all this time waiting they're rejected. We're trying to stay positive tho! Good luck to all who are still in Limbo and to those who've already been accepted. Rita S. and Bildmouse-- keep updating--Im interested in the outcome of your DS and DD!

Waiting that long would be hard for these young people. I know my daughter got accepted 2 1/2 weeks after her interview, and she was going nuts waiting for an answer. Good luck to your daughter and all the students in limbo. I really hope Disney can finds positions for them.:hug:

By the way-- my DD applied for Fall Advantage. I havent seen the applications but I assumed that they state to apply for 3 positions because my DD only applied for 3. Can you really apply for as many as you like?

You can pick as many as you want. I picked 4, and my recruiter recommends picking at least 4-5. But I know people who only picked 1-2.

My son selected 5 options but I understand there are more than a dozen. He focused on positions that would allow him lots of customer contact but now he's kicking himself now thinking that he may have been too selective.

My son applied for fall - not fall advantage so he's got a little more time to work with. His plan is to apply for spring if he can't get in to fall and to keep applying until he gets in.

It's not really the number of roles selected... rather how competitive those selected are.

For example... if he picked BBB, and Character Performer those are incredibly competitve so I would say better luck in the future.

However, if he picked Quick Service Food, Merchandise, Attractions, Custodial etc... those have more openings and he'll have a better chance.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter