College Program Parents Thread...

I see that someone already answered the abbreviations question. As for the brochures they are usually on campus for the presentation and at information tables and such but most of what is in it could be found on the website. The brochures offer just a little bit more for students that want to walk away with something in hand but if your son went on the website he would be able to access more information than the brochure would be able to hold.

true. i got a brochure for the careerstart program when i was interested in it from casting when i was at wdw last year. there's not much to it. the website was a lot more informative.

My son applied and got a 'pending' letter for fall. I wonder if the economic slowdown has anything to do with it. I'm hoping he didn't apply too late. He's really looking forward to it. Honestly - me too - I've got several trips planned to visit him (okay that's an excuse but it sounds reasonable).

My son applied and got a 'pending' letter for fall. I wonder if the economic slowdown has anything to do with it. I'm hoping he didn't apply too late. He's really looking forward to it. Honestly - me too - I've got several trips planned to visit him (okay that's an excuse but it sounds reasonable).
How soon after his interview did he get this pending letter?

One week and two days. He isn't applying to be an actor so doesn't need to audition. He did a phone interview. The interview only took about 15 minutes. Waiting is tough.

One week and two days. He isn't applying to be an actor so doesn't need to audition. He did a phone interview. The interview only took about 15 minutes. Waiting is tough.
Did he get the email or letter after the interview? It would have been a couple days after the interview? What roles did he put down that he wanted?

It possibly could be the economy, it could be too many people applied, it could be the roles picked, or something else. But don't worry, pending doesn't always mean rejection. Tell him to hang in there. :)

I have a question. My daughter interviewed on Feb 18th and we have nothing yet. Should we be concerned? The recruiter did email her back after the interview indicating it would take 4-6 weeks but I am seeing some are getting their response back in as little as 2 weeks. Is anyone else waiting this long? We are going nuts as you can imagine.

Thanks
Michelle

Thanks. She didn't want to see pushy but I think she is getting a bit nervous. This is actually her second time trying. She was not accepted for Fall 08 which was a huge let down. I hope it doesn't happen again.

Yep, its been already like five weeks. My daughter heard in 8 days. May I ask what roles she was asking for? My daughters recruited suggested that they put down realistic roles. My daughter has no work experience so she put down roles that she knew they needed. Like qs and merchandise.

She told them full service, merchandising, attracations, hospitality....She acutally email the recruiter before I posted my first questions....like 15 minutes ago and she has already responded. She was very apologetic and said she would be sure to get something out to my daughter quickly. I will keep my fingers cross. She really would love to do this.

Hopefully, she will get in. She should especially with the roles she picked. Do you know if she was bubbly during her interview and flexible? Is she wanting fall advantage?

She did apply for fall advantage. She is always bubbly. She is a huge disney fan and has wanted to work for disney since I can remember. She is actually a communications major so I am pretty confident she did fine during the interview process. She has had to interview for jobs before and actually works for a local radio station as a promotion assitant. Speaking to others or in public is no problem for her. I really cannot figure out why she was not excepted last time and I will really be stumped if she doesn't get in this time.

Maybe it just got lost in the transaction. I am sure she will be fine. This is her second try so her chances are better. My daughter is checking in on the 27 of May so hopefully we will see you there. Keep me posted on her acceptance. She will get in, don't worry. I am glad that she got an email back quickly. Did she say how soon she would get back to your daughter?

She just said very soon and used !!!! So we are expecting we should get something in the mail in the next week. My daughter was wondering if your daughter is on Facebook and if so what is her name. She has been hanging on to Facebook through this process.

Good luck to your daughter. Her communications major should be a big plus. Please update when she hears. I'm trying to figure out Disney's process but see no pattern. If she gets a pending letter then we know they are just overbooked right now.

My son is focusing on his studies to distract himself while he waits to hear. So something good is coming from the wait.

She just said very soon and used !!!! So we are expecting we should get something in the mail in the next week. My daughter was wondering if your daughter is on Facebook and if so what is her name. She has been hanging on to Facebook through this process.
Merline Montoya. Let me know if she finds her. What is your daughters name so I can tell Merline.

It is a terrible process. I think the only thing that keeps these kids sane are these types of boards.

Last time she went through this process, she totally got side tracked and school took the back seat but this time she is staying focused. I think she just wants to know what she is doing next semester; Mom does too.

I will definitely keep everyone posted in case anyone else experiences this notification delay.

Well she has a very common name, Tiffany Lynn Johnson in Raleigh, Durham. She could not find Merline.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter