College Program Dance/Prom

Mahwah

Mouseketeer
Just curious.....my daughter will be checking into the college program August 19th and I have heard that they have some kind of dance for the college program kids? Is this true? My daughter says no.:confused3

There was a formal at the end of every program (at the end of the regular program dates so both regular and advantage interns can attend).

However I believe this has been changed and now they close down one of the waterparks and have an evening party for the interns there instead. I did the Spring Advantage 2011 and we had a "Villians in Vogue" formal at CSR ballroom with dinner, desserts, music, and villain meet and greets.

However, my roommate completed a Spring 12 program and they had the waterpark party. From Jess' (disneyfreak508) trip report it looks like they had a waterpark party this semester also.

Advice: they do NOT give all interns the day off for this! So if your daughter wants to attend she should keep her ear to the ground for rumors of the party date so she can ask off in advance. We were lucky to have already asked off for a "roommate weekend trip" but when we found out that was also the night of formal we went to that for sure! It was a blast with some of the rare-ish meet and greets (Cruella, Hades, Maleficent, Evil Queen, Sorcerer Mickey, and more)! Plus all my friends and I were over 21 so we were able to hang out at the bar for a little bit also which was definitely fun.

When I did my Spring Advantage program in 2012 they did Starlit Splash at Typhoon Lagoon as the end of the program party, and then I extended through the fall and they had a CP formal. From what I understand, they're continuing that trend of doing the water park party in the spring and the formal dance in the fall.

My first cp at the end of the semester wdw opened dak for us for a huge dance it was a blast

2nd cp dance was a week after we got there but I didn't go that time.

When I did my Spring Advantage program in 2012 they did Starlit Splash at Typhoon Lagoon as the end of the program party, and then I extended through the fall and they had a CP formal. From what I understand, they're continuing that trend of doing the water park party in the spring and the formal dance in the fall.

That makes sense because of the colder weather in the fall! How would you compare the two? I loved our formal and can't imagine I would have had near as much fun at the waterpark. My roommate who attended both said she preferred the formal.

That makes sense because of the colder weather in the fall! How would you compare the two? I loved our formal and can't imagine I would have had near as much fun at the waterpark. My roommate who attended both said she preferred the formal.

Unfortunately I can't compare the two because I had the flu during Starlit Splash and couldn't go. I know my friends all had a blast, though. And they all got Starlit Splash t-shirts which I was super jealous of haha! I did really love the formal, though. They really did an amazing job with the decorations and sets for the character meet and greets and all the different food stations around the giant ballroom. I had so much fun. But if I end up doing another program in spring 2014, I'm definitely going to Starlit Splash because it sounds fantastic.

When I was there (spring 2008 and summer 2009), they had a formal. The waterpark party sounds like fun!

However I believe this has been changed and now they close down one of the waterparks and have an evening party for the interns there instead. I did the Spring Advantage 2011 and we had a "Villians in Vogue" formal at CSR ballroom with dinner, desserts, music, and villain meet and greets.

My S was there at the formal too!

Wow! "It's a small world after all" (Pun intended)

Yep, we had a Starlit Splash this spring as well. I also did the fall 2011 program and we had a formal at Coronado Springs. Both were a ton of fun but I enjoyed Starlit Splash a lot better.

I am in the Spring Advantage 13 group. We had a waterpark formal, it was not announced until about 4 weeks before. You have to ask for it, sometimes you can get an ER but it depends on your work place. They have busses that run to the water parks. I wasn't able to go as I was ERed too late to attend. Fall has a formal.

I was in a fall advantage program and we had a formal. I'm thinking fall=formal and spring=water park. Just a guess :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter