• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

College National Championship Jan 13 on the Dream?

We were able to watch the Clemson vs Alabama championship game on the Fantasy in 2017. I would guess the Dream would also show it. I think they usually try to show any popular sporting event. We always cruise in Jan and I always watch the NFL play offs during our cruises. And Boomer Sooner!! (sadly I doubt they will make it to the championship game)

We were able to watch the Clemson vs Alabama championship game on the Fantasy in 2017. I would guess the Dream would also show it. I think they usually try to show any popular sporting event. We always cruise in Jan and I always watch the NFL play offs during our cruises. And Boomer Sooner!! (sadly I doubt they will make it to the championship game)
We were on the Fantasy with you in 2017. Cruising again this year and hope the game is on!

We watched the college football championship games on the Magic in 2017 and 2018. Expect to do it again next month. That will be Castaway Cay day as well, so a good end to what is usually a fun day. We usually check out the action in the pub to start and then head up to watch the second half on the funnel vision.

In my experience, if there’s a sporting event you want to see the bartenders in the sports pub will do their best to show it. There are Sometimes licensing or a connection issues, but they really do try. It's easier if the game is being carried on ABC/ESPN. Make sure to wear crimson and cream that day - BOOMER!!!

It was on in one of the bars and available on stateroom TV on Wonder in January 2019. Didn't notice if it was on funnel vision, but that would also be fun.

My team won't be playing but I'm working on a project with LSU, so hopefully I'll be watching them.
I grew up in Oklahoma and graduated from OU. I now live just north of Columbus, Ohio(I'm not a OSU fan, though). I have a feeling it's going to be LSU vs Clemson. OU has been to the playoffs 3 times now, and sadly has lost each time. I'm just glad Alabama isn't in it, they've won enough already!

I grew up in Oklahoma and graduated from OU. I now live just north of Columbus, Ohio(I'm not a OSU fan, though). I have a feeling it's going to be LSU vs Clemson. OU has been to the playoffs 3 times now, and sadly has lost each time. I'm just glad Alabama isn't in it, they've won enough already!
Boo! You can never have enough! :)

ESPN Broadcasts them, so yes. (Noting it is satellite technology but there shouldn't be any "rights issues"

Actually there was rights issues on your recent cruise for college football games that were on ABC. Luckily for that specific game they had it on the overflow special event channel.

I can't speak for all the games though just that specific one where the primary channel actually was blacked out. Also the ESPN/ESPN2 on the Fantasy was a global caribbean version of the channel (possibly the Bahamas since that is where the ship is "out of").

They'll either show the game or cricket.

I got on the Dream the day after Thanksgiving and I wanted to watch an ABC game. They couldn't put it on at the bar but I was able to watch it in my state room. By the way, if the game isn't on at the bar, the bartenders have to call in someone to come change the channel. They couldn't change it themselves.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter