College Credits

9 which seems to be so small compared to all my other friends who graduated from my HS. some of them took between 12-18, and one had 20-something (but more than half didnt transfer over! doh!). i was like where was i that i only have 9? Still, got me out of math and spanish forEVER, and stepped me up a psych class.

I transferred 48 quarter units to UCLA (all from APs)...it gave me sophomore standing meaning I had higher priority for enrollment than freshmen, but they no longer allow APs to apply towards GE requirements (or major requirements for my field.) So it only ended up really helping in giving me a sooner enrollment time.

Only 6 after taking advance placement (?) tests for english. Stupid me didn't take the spanish one. Actually from my class, about 3 people took the test and 1 (my best friend) past it. It's very difficult, not just grammar but also literature questions. Anyway, I wished I have taken that one.

I was really stupid and didnt buy them. My parents suggested against it. I could have had 9 credits due to the classes I was taking.
::kicks self in butt:: :confused3

none. I took APs, but they school I go to didn't accept the credit for those APs.

Back in the Dark Ages when I went to HS, they didn't offer APs. DD went into college with 30 credits from her AP courses in HS. This allowed her to take a lot of electives she was interested in (she could have graduated in 3 yrs but stayed for 4).

well, i actully will have 15 credits as long as a get a 3,4,or 5 on my AP exam, then i have 3 others from classes

None! I went to a small high school that didn't offer AP classes, then when I transferred a lot of my classes wouldn't transfer from hs to hs so I spent my senior year retaking classes that they wouldn't transfer!

I took two AP classes in high school. They would have gotten me between 12-16 credits. Unfortunately my college did not accept them. In a strange way I am glad they didnt transfer because the AP classes were nothing like the actual college classes. But it would have been nice to skip some classes.

By the end of this quarter, which will also be the end of my senior year, I will have 48 credits, but I may also add on a gym class for an extra credit.

I went into college with 14 credits from my Dual-Enrollment classes. At least I had a little headstart and now I only have to take 12 credits a semester for my last 4 semesters tro graduate in 4 years.

I took 6 college credits in high school - Essentials of Calculus and General Psychology. Unfortunately I did not pass the former, but fortunately passed the latter, which was WONDERFUL because I did not have to take it in college, and it was the first psych class I needed for my major! :flower:

I took 5 AP classes but only wound up with 7 credit hours. My college doesn't accept anything less than a score of 4 on the AP exams for college credit, and most the time they only accept a 5. Even some 5s they only award exemption from classes and not credit. :sad2:

12 Credits from dual credit in high school. Then I tested out of 10 hours on Spanish. :cool1: August will be my third semester in College and I'll be a junior. :banana:

Just 6 hours for me. Wish I had taken more AP classes, my senior English teacher scared me to death though so I didn't want to take her AP class. Oh well :rolleyes:

I took all the AP courses offered at my high school, but couldn't afford to pay the fee for all those exams. I only took 1 exam, Calculus, and did well but I ended up going to a community college and I was the first student they had ever had who came in with AP credit. However, they only gave me credit for 1 semester of calculus. When I transferred to a 4 year university, they gave me 2 semesters credit. Unfortunately, dual enrollment was available when I was in high school.

I'm an Asst Registrar (and part-time grad student - again), and I see students come in fresh out of HS and have almost enough credits to be a junior!

So far I'll have 6 credits for AP US history, and hopefully 6 credits for AP English Comp. So It'll be either 6 or 12 total which is really awesome, they recommend taking 12-16/semester so I got a decent amount of credit already :cool1:

I don't know how we're defining credits here (my university has each semester class=1 credit or 1.25 for a lab course, and I think most schools are 3 credits/sem class?) but I took 10 AP classes in high school & got credit for 7 of them (yep, definitely got a 3 on Chem/US History/Spanish, lol, needed a 4 or 5). I have been so glad on many occasions that I have those credits; I have more flexibility in my schedule, it gives you a better chance at getting the classes you want (more credit=sooner registration time) and I think it also helps with housing lottery.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter