• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Collectable transportation cards

Disney Dad Canada

Passing on my Disney obsession to my 3 kids, and a
A coworker mentioned to me that his kids a few years back collected some free transportation cards from monorail, boat and bus drivers at WDW. Are these still available? It would be something for the kids to look at during the rides between parks.

As far as I know, yes. We only got the ones from the Monorail when we were able to sit up front with the driver. Just ask any cast member at the monorail station if you can sit up front, and if the cab is vacant then you can. That's when you get a card.

Actually, another podcast just mentioned those this week. There are a variety of collectible cards for all modes of Disney transport. Buses, boat launches, monorails, everything. There are multiple cards, so you can collect and trade duplicates to other guests.

Apparently the cards are still being handed out, but you have to ask the driver/captain/pilot of the transportation for the card. I'd probably ask as I'd be getting off the bus/boat/monorail.

I know that last September when we were on a boat from the MK to the Wilderness Lodge, one of the ship's crew passed out these cards to all of the kids onboard.

Actually, another podcast just mentioned those this week. There are a variety of collectible cards for all modes of Disney transport. Buses, boat launches, monorails, everything. There are multiple cards, so you can collect and trade duplicates to other guestsl.

Just listened to Lou mention them. Coincidence or what?

My son(10) loves collecting Pokemon cards, so I'm sure he'll like these as well.

yep still available, though not all pilots carry them. If you want to get them after riding the given mode of transportation, you can go to the transportation booth located near the ferryboat exit and get them from the coordinator in there

As far as I know, yes. We only got the ones from the Monorail when we were able to sit up front with the driver. Just ask any cast member at the monorail station if you can sit up front, and if the cab is vacant then you can. That's when you get a card.

Unless something has recently changed, you can no longer sit in the front of the monorail. As for the cards, my kids have received them from the bus drivers. They kept the cards in a compartment in the dashboard of the bus. They have pics of the different busses used by Disney and their specs. The kids thought they were great!

Oh they are still available. My DS had to ask EVERY TIME we rode the monorail, bus, boat during our trip a couple weeks ago over Easter. He even asked on the Liberty Belle but was told they are not "transportation". There are 18 total, all numbered. Each has a Hidden Mickey in the picture on front and on the back a few fun "Facts" about transportation at WDW, a featured character and a question about that character. The CMs will sometimes ask which one you need so if you can keep track of the numbers you can avoid duplicates.

We were in WDW last week and they're definitely still available. You might have to ask around a little because not every driver has them. We had started our collection during a visit last year and were able to complete it this time around. It does seem like the card stock is a little thinner this time and since the monorail accident the pink & purple monorail cards have been retired bring the total number of available cards to 16 (Luckily those 2 were ones we had from last year). My 5 year old had a blast getting them all, he just kept wondering when we were getting the TRON monorail card - Not a bad idea :thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter