Cold front coming?

I love it haw some people think 70 is really cold weather =p I live in the uk and wouldn't grab a jumper till it hit 55-60

Will be going 31st - 14th, and all I want is for it not to rain, saying that we where there December 2010 and it was bitter, colder than home and it was snowing!

map_specnews17_ltst_4namus_enus_650x366.jpg

Well, double boo. Hehe. We arrive November 1, so I am going to try not to even look at the weather until the day before when I start packing. :lmao:

boxer said:
We are there 10/31 to 11/11, and the forecast I looked at today kinda backed-off the 'low temps and rain' I saw over the weekend. Seems like it is a little cooler when we get there (70's), but they are calling for it to get back to the 80's by next weekend.

I NEED that Florida heat or it just doesn't feel like a vacation!!!

I'm with you! We'll be leaving weather in the 50s, maybe 60s, and coming back home to possible snow.... eeeek! I need my fill of summer sun! :)

70 is warm most places. 70 in Florida is really cold unless there is no wind and not a cloud in the sky. If the high is 70, you will need gloves in the morning.

ppl don't seem to realize the way a hurricane reacts. Most of the rain that we get here in FL are from rain bands that come off of these storms, not from the eye itself. So if you really want to know what the "predicted" weather will be like when you're here check out his website:

flhurricane.com

Scroll down and look at ALL the models.

We are going from the 27-4 and just today started looking at the weather. I have been packing all shorts and just one sweat shirt. I think that I am going to be making a few changes!

looking at weather that far out is pointless.. its way too far out the weather in florida changes hourly.

Sure wish that cold front would have blown in last week, we were sweltering our entire vacation.

Torn about the temps, last time we were down this time of year it was hot so counted on being able to go swimming this time but 70's will be too cold, though will make for ore comfortable days in the park.

ppl don't seem to realize the way a hurricane reacts. Most of the rain that we get here in FL are from rain bands that come off of these storms, not from the eye itself. So if you really want to know what the "predicted" weather will be like when you're here check out his website:

flhurricane.com

Scroll down and look at ALL the models.

Yep, that's exactly what I'm concerned about. I know TS Sandy (most likely Hurricane Sandy eventually) isn't forecasted to hit Florida but I know those storms can be HUGE and have wind/rain that reaches well beyond the eye of the storm. Thanks for the link.

Yep, that's exactly what I'm concerned about. I know TS Sandy (most likely Hurricane Sandy eventually) isn't forecasted to hit Florida but I know those storms can be HUGE and have wind/rain that reaches well beyond the eye of the storm. Thanks for the link.

n/p...here's TS Sandy today.

Let's hope it stays on that track, looks like it will just graze FL. If it changes track, you can blame me and DH, we are rain magnets and we fly in tomorrow. We brought on the record-breaking monsoon-like rain of May 2009 when we got married at Disney World.

While 71 isn't "cold" if it's 71 in October, I hope it doesn't continue that trend for when I get there December 10. I was treated to a nice weather week last year (70's and 80's) which compensated for the previous year when it rarely got out of the 50's.

Let's hope it stays on that track, looks like it will just graze FL. If it changes track, you can blame me and DH, we are rain magnets and we fly in tomorrow. We brought on the record-breaking monsoon-like rain of May 2009 when we got married at Disney World.

Rain magnets? Uh oh! :) We fly in tomorrow too ---- flight lands at 7:02pm and we should hopefully be at the Poly by 8:30pm. Today was my "vacation day before vacation" and I've been watching the Weather Channel too much.....next Tropical Update is in 5 minutes. :headache:

Have a great trip!

Not trying to be Debbie downer here, but don't get too excited yet. It is saying that the lows would be in the 50's and the high in the 70's next Tuesday and what that probably means is that it would be a tad bit chilly in the morning (maybe more so for our weak Florida blood) and pretty hot in the afternoon. There wouldn't be humidity much, which would be nice. The only time it would be "cold" is if there was any sort of breeze going through.

It would be a nice change from this never ending summer (I can't even remember it being cold for more than a week this year)

I think the worst part of this weather is dressing for it. For example, I'd send my daughter to school in pants and a sweater in the morning, and she'll be sweating and miserable during PE and waiting in the car line in the afternoon. She'd rather be cold(ish) in the morning than sweating in the afternoon. I doubt it'd even be jacket weather next week.

I welcome the cooler weather!!! We were there this time in 2010 and they had record highs and it was miserable some days and even evenings!! Now granted, I want my kids to be able to swim some, but we are coming from Wyoming, so 70 will seem warm to us!!!

DBF is dancing with joy at the prospect of cooler weather. He's a big guy and even though he lived in FL for years after college he is not a fan of the heat. I'm just happy at the potential for a less grumpy travel partner. :thumbsup2

Sandy's gonna do what Sandy's gonna do. :goodvibes One good thing is that most of the nasty stuff with a tropical system stays on the eastern side. Euro model and GFS both look favorable in terms of Central FL not being bothered by this system at all, and I like the power of trends. :)

Sandy's gonna do what Sandy's gonna do. :goodvibes One good thing is that most of the nasty stuff with a tropical system stays on the eastern side. Euro model and GFS both look favorable in terms of Central FL not being bothered by this system at all, and I like the power of trends. :)

Yeah, that's true. So maybe it won't be so bad. :thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter