Coincidence? MS can't cancel Kidani reservations today

PrincessV

DIS Veteran
How bizarre... I just called MS to switch my Aug. AKV-Kidani reservation to SSR and was told they've been blocked form making any Kidani cancellations today! Interesting timing with reports/pictures hitting the Internet today from the CM and DVC member tours. :scratchin

How bizarre... I just called MS to switch my Aug. AKV-Kidani reservation to SSR and was told they've been blocked form making any Kidani cancellations today! Interesting timing with reports/pictures hitting the Internet today from the CM and DVC member tours. :scratchin

didn't think they could do that.

the points are yours to do with as you like. You might try calling again and getting another MS.

why are you changing if you don't mind me asking?

Wonder if they are loading new declared points, any thoughts? I remember some problem last time when they tried to load them “on the fly”

bookwormde

I called today as well and couldn't make changes to a reservation I made yesterday for Kidani Village. I wanted to switch from a studio to a 1 bedroom. I was told they were unable to access Kidani on their computer systems for the day and that I shouild call back tomorrow.

i called today to make reservations at any resort in june.....the cm was able to search all sites except kidani - said there was an issue/they were working on the system and that i could call tomorrow to check on availability there....

That is weird. I called yesterday to cancel a Kidani waitlist for June and actually my waitlist was matched. (So there was activity around Kidani.)After agonizing for a few minutes and with some help from the cm, I decided to go ahead and cancel the waitlist and stick with VWL for our last few nights.

I don't see the coincedence...

didn't think they could do that.

the points are yours to do with as you like.
Exactly! I thought it was very odd. I had no problem canceling a VWL reservation. :confused3
why are you changing if you don't mind me asking?
Don't mind at all! I was already on the fence because the two families with whom we're traveling are at SSR. I was waiting to see if the Kidani pictures/reports made me want to stay put, even if it meant being at a different resort from our friends; nope. It looks lovely, and I'll want to stay there another time, but not this trip.

That is weird. I called yesterday to cancel a Kidani waitlist for June and actually my waitlist was matched. (So there was activity around Kidani.)After agonizing for a few minutes and with some help from the cm, I decided to go ahead and cancel the waitlist and stick with VWL for our last few nights.
So they were able to do some things... interesting.

The same thing happened to me a few months ago when I called to add a day to our June reservation. I was really nervous about it because I had just purchased more points and wanted to stay a full week at Kidani. I was told to call back the next day which I did and everything was fine.
I was wondering if it had something to do with the adding of inventory.

There are spits and sputters when they add on a new resort. It happened when Jambo house went active. We used to own at the 'Null' resort. I called yesterday and was able to book a studio at Kidani for 2 nights in October. I'm on the WL for a third night, so it looks like they've ironed the problem out.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter