Cognac and Cigar -- Any experience?

Discussion in 'Disney Cruise Line Forum' started by groman, Oct 23, 2007.

1. groman

groman Rookie Cruiser

For this cruise, I am traveling with my father who very much enjoys a fine cigar and drink now and then.

Any feedback on the Cognac & Cigar tasting? What cigars are available on board? Cost? Cognac brands? Is it like the wine tasing where they talk you through samples? or is it a simple meet on deck at 10pm for a drink and cigar. Either way fine with us!

We're on the 7-day Eastern Jan 19 2008. Looks like Day 4 is the cognac/cigar event. :smokin:

Thank you,
    2nd Time Disney Cruiser from North Carolina

2. DAggiesRWe

DAggiesRWe Mouseketeer

Can't tell you specifically about the tasting, but at the Cove Cafe they have everything from Hennessy, Courvoisier and Remy up to Louis XIII (if you don't mind paying $500 or so for a single drink). They also sell cigars there, but I think they ask you to step out to the covered area just outside to enjoy them.

I actually ended up doing a 14 y.o. scotch instead of cognac (on the recommendation of Gebe, the barista), and liked it so much it became my nightly ritual, and he kept a bottle on-hand just for me

3. edmartin

edmartin Mouseketeer

I haven't tried cigars and cognac but if your father likes a drink now and then, I can highly recommend the martini tasting. It's an equal-opportunity experience featuring gin as well as vodka martinis. Quite enjoyable (from what I can remember).

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    First time caller, long-time listener.