coffeemakers and the Contemporary

hucifer

<font color=blue>The tag that was here was staler
I know this has been asked before, and I do apologize. I went back a few pages, but can't find an answer.

When at the Contemporary and requesting a coffeemaker, what do they supply?
Are they 4-cup or 10-cup makers?
If I remember correctly, do I have to bring my own coffee and filters?
They at least supply mugs, don't they?

I've never been to the Contemporary, so I appreciate any help.

Also: does the Contemporary charge for holding packages for their guests?

Thanks!

When we visited the Contemp.in May, I took a picture of the coffee maker (I'll post it in a little while--my computer is in the process of burning a DVD right now and I can't make alterations to my image files and I have to resize it :) )...

Anyway, it is a 4 cup coffee maker, they give you coffee packs for the first two days along with styrofoam cups for two people for two days.
Then, they want you to buy your replacement coffee packs on the 4th floor of the Contemp. (They didn't explain about what you do for the additional cups, though--I guess just ask for them).

-DC :)

Here's the picture of it:

may03coffee.jpg

Thanks DC!
I think it's funny that you took a picture of it. ;)

dcfromva--

Was wondering what floor you stayed on at the CR? We will be staying 12th floor concierge and am wondering if we will only get 2 days of coffee and then be expected to buy more? I can't believe they are doing this! Has anyone else had this experience with the coffee makers at CR???

Did you buy more coffee and if you did how much was it?? I'm sure we'll just bring along some extra just in case. Thanks!

My sister just got back from the CBR in May. She recommended buying coffee stuff (coffee, filters, creamers, sugar) ahead of time and sending it to the resort.

She also recommended buying those individual servings of creamers that do not need to be refrigerated...can find them in wholesale stores.

Originally posted by princess crazy
dcfromva--

Was wondering what floor you stayed on at the CR? We will be staying 12th floor concierge and am wondering if we will only get 2 days of coffee and then be expected to buy more? I can't believe they are doing this! Has anyone else had this experience with the coffee makers at CR???

Did you buy more coffee and if you did how much was it?? I'm sure we'll just bring along some extra just in case. Thanks!
princess crazy,
We were in a wing room, I would be really shocked if you had to pay for your coffee maker packs in the concierge section (The last time we stayed at the Contemporary Concierge was about 5 years ago and I can't remember if the coffeemaker was already in the room or not).
In the regular rooms, you have to make a request with housekeeping. Another tip regarding the coffee: if you don't like the taste of it using regular water, try using bottled water instead. Some people don't notice any difference, so I would say try the regular water, first.
I don't know how much the additional coffee packs were because there were 3 rooms with our party and we were the only coffee drinkers, so we had plenty of coffee.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter