coffee pot swap / share ... is that still done?

mafibisha

DIS Veteran
Is there still such a thing?

Back in the day, I participated in the fridge share a few times, and it always worked out great!!

But then started staying at Coronado & resorts that had them so it wasn't necessary.

This time, we need a coffee pot at Animation.

Is there such a thing anymore?

TIA!

Is there still such a thing?

Back in the day, I participated in the fridge share a few times, and it always worked out great!!

But then started staying at Coronado & resorts that had them so it wasn't necessary.

This time, we need a coffee pot at Animation.

Is there such a thing anymore?

TIA!
The fridge swaps pretty much died when each went missing and couldn't be replaced unless someone donated one to the swap (no money could be sent to the organizer to buy one). Then Disney put fridges in all of the Value Resorts, so there was no longer a need for the swaps.

A coffee pot isn't a very expensive appliance. You could order one from Amazon (or any other online retailer) and have it sent directly to you at AoA so that you don't have to pack it. You could even add filters, mugs, coffee and sugar/creamer to your order so that you have it all there.

BTW - AoA suites have pod coffee makers. The Little Mermaid rooms don't have a coffee maker.

My last trip we stayed at Coronado Springs and I had water shipped there (as we always do) and they charged me $5 to pick it up. I have never had to pay for accepting packages at the resorts. I wonder if this is a new thing and if it applies to all the hotels.

Shipping the coffee pot is a great idea, but maybe be prepared to add $5 to its expense?

My last trip we stayed at Coronado Springs and I had water shipped there (as we always do) and they charged me $5 to pick it up. I have never had to pay for accepting packages at the resorts. I wonder if this is a new thing and if it applies to all the hotels.

Shipping the coffee pot is a great idea, but maybe be prepared to add $5 to its expense?
Convention resorts (GF, CR, BWV, BC and CSR) all charge a handling fee for packages. They have done that for years.

Coronado is considered a "convention" resort, so you will be charged for a package to be delivered to that resort.

Isn't having a coffee pot in your room against all kinds of fire regulations?

Every hotel room in the country (other than at Disney) has a coffee pot in it.

Even DISNEY hotel rooms!

(Just not for we who book non-suite value rooms.)

Seems like a ridiculous way to differentiate (or, 'add value,' to higher priced resorts). My husband laughed when I told him that towels are not provided at the value resorts' pools - but they are at the mods and deluxe resorts. Ridiculous.

Disney doesn't have coffee makers, microwaves, etc. because they want us to come to the food court and buy their stuff.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter