Coffee on the Verandah -The Last Slide, Recap & Souvies 5/29 - Link to Aulani TR 5/31

As had happened the day before…the wifi connection was not my friend and I spent about an hour and half to get stuff done that should have taken 20 minutes tops.

Surely they're compensating you for time spent working while on vacation, right? :rolleyes1

Nice TV reception huh! Kind of illustrates my wifi issue.

What is this, the 1970's? You guys weren't that far from civilization.

The great thing about mini golf at Vero is:

It's cheap! $1 for members! :thumbsup2

:cool1::woohoo::yay:
Heading out I caught up with the guys, who’d done a round of golf, played ping pong and checked out the community center. It would appear something went sour before the end of the 2nd round…they didn't finish.

Maybe they lost the balls in the ocean?:confused3 I see a couple of holes-in-one there.

He’s a big boy now!

Nice job Eric! :thumbsup2

And stopped at a neat little preserve that just so happened to have a bio break opportunity for those that needed it.

What do you mean? I've seen lots of trees throughout this trip. :rolleyes1

Not that we saw a single manatee.

Darn. If you're ever in the Tampa area, I can direct you to a manatee viewing area where they're almost always hanging out.

Or you can just go to the Seas pavilion in Epcot. :rotfl2:

It was vacation. I had bought a little surprise while at the store the day before, that no one knew about. It seemed appropriate.

Mickey bars for lunch! Best mom ever!

That bike ride looked like such a wonderful time!

A Mickey Bar is a great treat after that hot ride! I love hodge podge lunches! :rotfl:

And, I'm in love with Micheal Phelps too! :love: :laughing:

What a fun ride! The trail looks really great and Mickey Bars for lunch! What a great idea to pick them up the day before!

Can't wait for more! :popcorn:

After our late night turtle adventure, we all slept in a little bit. As usual, Jeff and I were the first up and enjoyed our coffee on the verandah. It promised to be another hot and sunny day!

well i guess since you got in late the "morning coffee on the verandah" was in order:thumbsup2

:rolleyes1

anyway moving on, the bike ride sounds nice...and i love leftover lunch/dinner, nothing better...

Evan still had a crispy back and Eric burns if you look at him so extra time in the sun

I'm sorry Cynthia but you make them sound like Rotisserie Chickens...:lmao:

Nice bike ride and kudos to Eric...:goodvibes

What was wrong with those people in the gym?... No Olympics watching? I obsessively watch the Olympics especially the swimming events...I love Michael Phelps... he's so goofily cute ( and am really glad that he medaled as much as he did... I was worried that Ryan Lochte might overshadow him...)

(Funny David swims and he was watching the men's swimming and he noticed that the men swimmers were -well built well... and he asked me if he swam a lot if he could get a "six pack" and we had the whole talk about really needing to go through puberty... to be able to build that kind of muscle...-that's when he told me he thought he had a bit of a "juice box"...;)

He then went on to ask me if I thought the girls like six packs and he told me he thought they did... and that he would like one- a six pack- someday but he wanted a girl that liked him because he was nice and smart and then she could like him for his six pack... :eek: I'm sorry... he's 10...where does this stuff come from? He is hardly very slick right now with girls his own age... I guess he's planning for the future...:rolleyes1

Mickey Bars = yum... why do they taste better than ice cream bars not shaped in Mickey heads?

Ugh to the slow wi fi connection...:badpc:

Denny and I ran on that path and all I remember was I was really HOT!!!!!!!!!!! Nice bike ride! Cute picture of the 4 of you.

The health club at HHI sounds like its about the same size as the one at Vero. Just enough room for 2 people.

Yeah - Mickey bars for lunch. I didn't know they actually sold them in grocery stores. Cool.

Dan beat me to the Coffee on the verandah comment. :rotfl2:

A 7 mile path,,,, Great job on getting the troops out there and it looks and sounds like you guys had a blast.

Mickey bars for lunch :thumbsup2 That my kind of vacation.

The girls will enjoy the mini-golfing next summer. We'll have to hold off on the bike riding until they are a little older, but I'd love to walk around the preserve area.

Fun update!

The bike ride looked like a lot of fun. I'm glad it didn't turn into the same type of adventure as the paddleboats...

You don't even want to know what popped into my mind when I read "Hammock Preserve". Yes, I truly pictured a bunch of trees with netting strung in between.

What a terrific lunch! Mickey Bars and Leftovers are my favorite food groups!

BTW- I do know where you got your inspiration for the title of this chapter!

You know the whole "you can't forget how to ride a bike - you just get back on and ride" thing?

Yeah.

I'm pretty sure I'd go riiiiiight over if I attempted even getting ON a bike right now. Which is too bad because this sounds like a lot of fun!

I can't wait for the cruise part of your trip! I've been mulling around the idea of doing a solo cruise :)

I am anxiously awaiting your next update because I am hoping you are going to reveal some tentative plans for your future blow-out big family trip.

Oh - and thanks for giving me the name of that starbucks. I'll get it in the store and put it in my k-cup holder. I don't want to buy starbucks in the kcups because they are too expensive and I do like the San Francisco bay stuff for that. The price is right.

That looked like a nice little bike ride!

it was just right! Loved it and very glad we did it, even if it did mean less beach time.

And Mickey Bars for lunch....no wonder your kids were thanking you for this vacation! :thumbsup2

Seriously! And surprisingly enough it was my idea to have them before real food. I think they all figured I'd lost it in the heat and they should seize the moment. Which was smart of them. Love that you can buy them in the resort stores.

Surely they're compensating you for time spent working while on vacation, right? :rolleyes1

Sort of, basically I didn't take full vacation days on the days I worked, logging in only 6 versus 8 hours or whatever for the 5 days I ended up putting in some work. I ended up taking at least one less full vacation day as a result and it might have been more, I don't actually remember. It actually worked out well as then over labor day weekend I was able to take a day to hang with the in laws when they visited and I wouldn't have otherwise. Though it didn't make it suck any less at the time!

What is this, the 1970's? You guys weren't that far from civilization.

Seriously, can you believe it? We sure couldn't.

Maybe they lost the balls in the ocean?:confused3 I see a couple of holes-in-one there.

Oh there was a fight of some sort and if memory serves, possibly even allegations of cheating. They were NOT happy when I came upon them at the ping ping table.

Nice job Eric! :thumbsup2

For a kid who actively resisted learning for as long as he did, he surprised us with how well he did.

Darn. If you're ever in the Tampa area, I can direct you to a manatee viewing area where they're almost always hanging out.

Or you can just go to the Seas pavilion in Epcot. :rotfl2:

If we'd have been at Vero longer we'd have done a manatee outing but there just wasn't time.

Mickey bars for lunch! Best mom ever!

I got some points on the board with that one for sure.

That bike ride looked like such a wonderful time!

It was!

A Mickey Bar is a great treat after that hot ride! I love hodge podge lunches! :rotfl:

And, I'm in love with Micheal Phelps too! :love: :laughing:

What's not to love about all of that? I actually loved my lunch that day, after my appetizer I made myself a quesadilla with the leftover tortillas and cheese. Hit the spot!

What a fun ride! The trail looks really great and Mickey Bars for lunch! What a great idea to pick them up the day before!

Can't wait for more! :popcorn:

I'd picked them up thinking we'd have them after the pool but we ran out of time and it was too close to dinner so it was kind of fun to surprise everyone with them.

well i guess since you got in late the "morning coffee on the verandah" was in order:thumbsup2

:rolleyes1

Isn't it always in order?

anyway moving on, the bike ride sounds nice...and i love leftover lunch/dinner, nothing better...

Generally speaking I don't do leftovers but it worked out well in this case.

What a fun day. I love mini golf. The bike ride sounds like fun. Too bad you did not see a manatee.

I'm late, but I'm HERE! :goodvibes

Between catching up on Glenn's report and yours, I am wanting a Vero trip ASAP! LOL What a wonderful, relaxing resort. And how AMAZING that you got to see both the laying eggs and hatching on your turtle walk!!!

Evan still had a crispy back and Eric burns if you look at him so extra time in the sun

I'm sorry Cynthia but you make them sound like Rotisserie Chickens...:lmao:

That is hysterical!

:lmao:

Nice bike ride and kudos to Eric...:goodvibes

He did really well for his first outing, I was very pleased and so was he! It was worthy of a Mickey Bar for lunch just for that!

What was wrong with those people in the gym?... No Olympics watching? I obsessively watch the Olympics especially the swimming events...I love Michael Phelps... he's so goofily cute ( and am really glad that he medaled as much as he did... I was worried that Ryan Lochte might overshadow him...)

It was a little bit of a bummer having our trip during the Olympics as we usually watch them obsessively as well and as a result, 2 things occurred.

1. TV on, while on vacation. I don't like that and generally it's a no no. But it was the Olympics and for the most part was at least quality family tv time.
2. Missed a bunch of events that we'd have liked to watch.

I also found the local coverage availability and Vero in particular to be horrid and frustrating.

(Funny David swims and he was watching the men's swimming and he noticed that the men swimmers were -well built well... and he asked me if he swam a lot if he could get a "six pack" and we had the whole talk about really needing to go through puberty... to be able to build that kind of muscle...-that's when he told me he thought he had a bit of a "juice box"...;)

He then went on to ask me if I thought the girls like six packs and he told me he thought they did... and that he would like one- a six pack- someday but he wanted a girl that liked him because he was nice and smart and then she could like him for his six pack... :eek: I'm sorry... he's 10...where does this stuff come from? He is hardly very slick right now with girls his own age... I guess he's planning for the future...:rolleyes1

Oh he cracks me up! Eric is a girl magnet in his weird geeky way. Always has been and I can't quite figure it out. He is clueless about them (and that and not interested, maybe that's why. We used to joke that he had a harem.

Mickey Bars = yum... why do they taste better than ice cream bars not shaped in Mickey heads?

Ugh to the slow wi fi connection...:badpc:

I don't know but they do! I think it's the chocolate. It is really good chocolate!!!

The wifi was horrendous. Gods way of saying not to work on vacation.

Denny and I ran on that path and all I remember was I was really HOT!!!!!!!!!!! Nice bike ride! Cute picture of the 4 of you.

Yeah, it was mostly in the sun so pretty warm but it was a cute little ride.

The health club at HHI sounds like its about the same size as the one at Vero. Just enough room for 2 people.
I think there were 6 people in there while I was there and honestly, that tapped it out.

Yeah - Mickey bars for lunch. I didn't know they actually sold them in grocery stores. Cool.

Regular grocery stores, I don't think so, but they have them in all the resort stores in the freezer section.

Dan beat me to the Coffee on the verandah comment. :rotfl2:

I knew someone would. But we did have coffee. On the verandah no less. So it would have been inaccurate not to say so. :rotfl:

A 7 mile path,,,, Great job on getting the troops out there and it looks and sounds like you guys had a blast.

We really did, the kids loved it.

Mickey bars for lunch :thumbsup2 That my kind of vacation.

I need to break the rules like that a little more often on vacation, it was pretty fun to shock the kids with my idea.

The girls will enjoy the mini-golfing next summer. We'll have to hold off on the bike riding until they are a little older, but I'd love to walk around the preserve area.

The mini golf is so cute and Bella and Brooklynn should be just right for it. Cute kids play area back there too, I didn't take pictures of it though. I wouldn't mind checking out the preserve though it would be a bit of a walk to get there without the bikes. You could probably drive back there somehow though.

Yeah yeah...

:lmao:

What a fun bike ride and Yay for Mickey bars!!:yay: A perfect treat on a hot day!!:thumbsup2

It really was! A very fun late morning and lunch.

With a 13yo I wondered where this was going with boys balls and bars LOL

:goodvibes

Fun update!

The bike ride looked like a lot of fun. I'm glad it didn't turn into the same type of adventure as the paddleboats...

I had that fear, thank heavens it didn't!

You don't even want to know what popped into my mind when I read "Hammock Preserve". Yes, I truly pictured a bunch of trees with netting strung in between.

It almost seemed wrong that there wasn't some!

What a terrific lunch! Mickey Bars and Leftovers are my favorite food groups!

It was the perfect lunch and a great way to clean out the fridge.

BTW- I do know where you got your inspiration for the title of this chapter!

I knew you would! :thumbsup2

You know the whole "you can't forget how to ride a bike - you just get back on and ride" thing?

Yeah.

I'm pretty sure I'd go riiiiiight over if I attempted even getting ON a bike right now. Which is too bad because this sounds like a lot of fun!

NO you wouldn't. But I do know what you mean. I had that fear many years ago when Jeff and I were first dating, he wanted to go for a ride (and I mean a real ride....25 miles or so) and I hadn't ridden in oh...at least a decade...and my bike weighed a bazillion pounds, and we live in a VERY hilly area and and and.

UGH!

I survived. And bought a new, better bike! I miss it a ton, I can't really ride much due to eye issues but the little ride was fine.

I can't wait for the cruise part of your trip! I've been mulling around the idea of doing a solo cruise :)

I think a solo cruise could be lovely! We aren't that far away from the start of the cruise now. Probably 3 updates I'm guessing.

Bike ride looked fun !!! Mickey Bars for lunch What a MOM!!!:rotfl2:

Can't go wrong with Mickey Bars for lunch!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter