Coffee on the ship??

SFBayDon

D23 Charter Member and LOVING every minute of it
Ok so I am NOT a coffee drink, but I am traveling with one. Who can help me with some basic coffee questions?

Is the coffee on the ship good coffee?
(meaning not as bad as in the parks)
The Cove Cafe servers coffee like a coffee shop right?
Are they open most hours of the day?
I remember someone talking about a coffee card, is that a discount to buy several? What are the details?

Sorry for all the random questions just need to get some info for my better half.
Don

I drink coffee (think Maxwell House and Folgers) but am not a coffee expert. I drink the coffee on the ship and I like it. I may be in the minority there. I don't like Starbucks...too strong...I think that is why I like the coffee on the ship. We cruised last March and just always drank the coffee from the drink station and in the dining rooms. I checked out the menu at Cove Cafe but never ordered any specialty coffees. I am also not sure about a coffee card....sorry not too much help. However....have a great time on a great cruise line!

I don't remember what's on the podcast (and I don't wanna re-listen right now), but I am a coffee person and I am bringing Starbucks Via Christmas Blend to make at the drink station on deck 9. I usually have tea after dinner because the restaurants have the best Darjeeling I've ever had! The Cove Cafe onboard makes foo-foo coffees and they cost extra. I don't want to spend my $$ on that, so I'm bringing my own! :thumbsup2

HTH,
Hillary

I too am BYOC. I have been practicing with my French press, and two individual drip units. I think I have found the right combination. I'll be the one on deck nine with the cone filter shaped device sitting on top of my coffee mug.

I'll drink whatever..if I don't like it, I'll just have hot tea.

Hi Don! Yes the Cove is like a coffee house, Starbucks kind of like.
I like White Chocolate Mocha Lattes and the ones I had in the Cove were really good. You get a punch card. I can't remember exactly, but I think when you buy 5 drinks you get one free. I don't remember the hours of operation, but I always went in the afternoon. Can't wait to see you again!

The coffee served at the buffets was not really good but it is drinkable, much like most the coffee in WDW. The coffee in The Cove, however, was very good and the best I had on the ship. Anyone who wants a good cup and doesn't want to bring their own will find not only coffee but espresso there.

Thanks Everyone!

Cant wait to see you all again.

Don

Hi Don! Yes the Cove is like a coffee house, Starbucks kind of like.
I like White Chocolate Mocha Lattes and the ones I had in the Cove were really good. You get a punch card. I can't remember exactly, but I think when you buy 5 drinks you get one free. I don't remember the hours of operation, but I always went in the afternoon. Can't wait to see you again!

This sounds like a winner to me...thanks for the info !!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter