Coffee: Espresso, Cappuccino & Lattes

Kileykb

Earning My Ears
I apologize in advance for the repetitive nature of my questions. I've been looking through all the menu links: allears.net, wdwinfo.com etc about coffee. I've looked at the real coffee lists and the menus with prices and descriptions.

I know what the Nescafe machine looks like, but I'm not sure on the menu what to pick to avoid the Nescafe coffee when more than just that "coffee" is available.

My questions are:

Does Nescafe make espresso and cappuccino blends? Or when I see that on the menu do I know that I'm getting real coffee?

Is espresso the word often used by coffee stand at WDW to denote real coffee?

I'm assuming that Lattes can be made of anything because it's primary more milk. Is that right?

Am I right in assuming that when the menu says the coffee is only $2.09 or $2.19 that it is Nescafe?f

Finally we ordered Cafe au Lait from Boulangerie Patisserie in Epcot's France which we assumed would be real coffee. Was it? It did come out of a machine, i think, and it is not on the lists of real coffee. But it is listed as specialty coffee and it did taste really good.

I just worry in the moment, when we are looking for real coffee, we are going to get turned around, waste time and end up getting whatever we can find.

Any concrete advice would be really helpful.

Maybe not as concrete as you'd like, but I'll try anyway.

If you're eating at Kona Cafe at the Poly, and order their presspot, you're getting 100% Kona coffee. If you order the drip coffee, you're getting a Kona blend. They also have Kona at the coffee cart very close to Kona Cafe, near the monorail, if I recall correctly.

World Showcase might have different coffees; I got a latte in Italy and it was decent, and I *assume* the WS stands aren't making nescafe. There's also a coffee stand in Morocco, back behind Tangierine, and that might not be nescafe either, but I didn't have it (hubby did, and he doesn't mind Nescafe).

If you get a coffee/latte/etc at the stand outside Animal Kingdom or Epcot, those are actually Joffrey coffee company coffee, and I find them to be QUITE tasty. Not Nescafe.

Anywhere else, if I'm ordering a coffee at a counter or table service, I assume it's nescafe (therefore, I do not order them there). Food courts, of course.

Random stands *inside* the parks, however, I do not know, but assume the supposed drip coffee is nescafe, but do not know about their espresso drinks.

We bring our own coffee and seek out the Joffrey stands on our trips, that's for sure!

Some of the Club Level lounges at the Deluxe Resorts like the Boardwalk Inn have that Nescafe machine you are thinking of which also comes with other options such as Cappuccino, Espresso and etc. Well from that machine I always have the Cappuccino and it's always tasted great.

The lack of quality coffee is such a shame. For years my father wouldn't want to stay on site because of the coffee issue. Now we have DVC and prior to our two week trip in November he killed his coffee grinder when he was preparing his two pounds of coffee to bring with him. We also hit some of the coffee stands for latte's. I was disappointed because none of them had sugar free vanilla syrup for a latte.

I was so thrilled to get my first Starbucks drink on the way home that I posted a picture of it on my facebook. I guess Disney has to give people a reason to go home.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter