coffee at disney

DRUMZ2B

DIS Veteran
Just returned from an excellent trip to VWL with the family. every thing was great except for one thing. THE COFFEE! I dont usually complain much, but the coffee was just plain bad. does anyone know why this is?:(

DH is a big coffee drinker and also hates the coffee at WDW. He packs his own to brew in the unit. Our theory is it's the water. Orlando has the WORST water!

yup its the water BLECH!

Buy a gal or two of filtered H2O if possible before you arrive and use it for coffee it works wonders!

Steve

Originally posted by WDWguru
DH is a big coffee drinker and also hates the coffee at WDW. . Our theory is it's the water. Orlando has the WORST water!

trink35.gif
eck15.gif

Coffee you brewed in the room, or coffee you bought at Disney?

Disney contracts with Nescafe and the coffee in almost all places is not exactly what those of us spoiled by the proliferation of Starbucks think of as coffee. (I personally am not a Starbuck's fan - they roast too dark for my taste and roast in way too big of batches - I'm such a coffee snob that Starbucks is too "mass produced") There are exceptions - the Kona cafe serves a kona, for instance.

I sold my husband on DVC nearly solely on the fact that he'd have a coffee maker and a fridge in the room for cream. And the shopping list includes decent water for coffee.

the coffee was bought at variety of different locations thru-out disney and all of it was terrible. we went to all star resort in 2000 and the coffee sold there was wonderful but that was the last time we enjoyed it. we do make our own in room coffee but you should still be able to buy a good cup of coffee anywhere in disney. that used to be the case , but not anymore :(

The coffee is dismal - I am a starbuck's fan (lived in Seattle before it took over the world...) and that was the ONE thing Universal has over Disney - a place to get good coffee in the parks!

Rather than buying water for coffee, has anyone every brought a water filter. i.e. Britta or one of the styles that attach to the faucet?

The coffee has changed since 2000, I remember reading that they had changed to an instant-type variety a couple of years ago. I agree with you, before the change it was good coffee. I never drink it any more, just make it in the room.

Originally posted by Scott H
Rather than buying water for coffee, has anyone every brought a water filter. i.e. Britta or one of the styles that attach to the faucet?

I sure would not want to mess with carrying a Brita to DVC and back. Bottled water in the Disney are is very inexpensive, a Brita is not.

Scott H, we HAVE brought a Brita water pitcher with us to WDW. We always have filtered cold water in the fridge for coffee, refilling bottles, soups, etc. It's stored near my "vacation essentials" box so that whenever we head to DVC (Vero, HH, or WDW) we take it with us. Maybe a little inconvenient for some, but great for us! :D

If you are you staying in the Epcot resort area you can get Starbucks coffee at Tubbi's Buffeteria in the Dolphin. I believe there's also some Kona blend you can get somewhere in AKL.

Thanks for the input Gail and Hooisergirl. Just an idea and we also have the vacation kit and I might check out Walmart for a filter of some sort to toss in.

Brita makes a small filtering system that makes around a 20 oz. bottle of water. We always take that with us went we go, Orlando water tastes terrible. This way we just bring real bottles and fill them at night and freeze them.

The coffee is dismal. I bring my own, but I still brew it with the "sulpher water" that is Orlando tap water...

For great coffee try JAVA in downtown Disney. My wife makes me take a daily trip to satisfy her need for decent coffee. (i sometimes exit the world for Dunkin Donuts coffee on 192.

My DH hates the coffee at WDW. He almost died when we sailed on the Magic this summer and that nasty Nescafe is all they have too. He finally discovered that if he ordered it as a latte it was at least palatable. The water is not the problem. The contract that Disney has with Nestle is the problem.

disneyworldborn2shop,
I will have to disagree, at least partly.The coffee served in the dining rooms on BOTH ship is nescafe BUT the coffee up in the free drink station on the 9th deck was (at least in Dec) a liquid coffee concentrate that is imported from italy and we found it VERY good to drink. We asked multiple people including the young woman who is in charge of ordering supplies.

Steve

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter