Codes

thehails

Mouseketeer
Looking through the forum I've noticed in the resort section alot of people taking about discount codes. In the UK do we get any of these code offers or do you all normally pack rack rate? :confused3

Do you mean at wdw hotels? WDW release AP rates for example on their rooms over the year - or you can get an AA rates sometimes.

Not sure if this helps?

yes I mean at WDW resort hotel. Dont want to buy an AP as will only be going once in the year so been advised that it possibly wont be worth it.

Do you know if the AA rates ever apply to value season at the resorts?

Noticed some on the resort sections of the forum speak about codes with pin numbers that are allocated to your name, is this only for US customers or do we also get these offers in the UK?

I think if you telephone Disney (in Orlando not the UK N.O )to book a hotel you can ask if they have any triple AAA rates -which is like our AA.

I asked the same question over on the US boards, but didn't get any response. DH and i are hoping to go in September and i have toyed with thought of phoning WDW to see if there is any code attached to our name - no harm in asking i guess ;)

Hi, found this on another thread thought it might be some help to you........

someone was asking what number to phone and these were 2 replies
Originally Posted by kevin_cambs_uk View Post
I rang the number on the UK page, lady was in Orlando and working at WDW !
She was extremely helpful and nice, which for a call centre made a refreshing change !

reply 2
if you ring the uk number,yes you are put throuth to usa CRO but the call is flaged up as an UK call and computer works out in £ ext, then you are unable to have any discouts as well ie AAA plus if free dinning comes out next month,you will not be able to get it

I dialed disney direct to book hotel, paid a deposit on Nationwide CC in dollars and will pay balance on arrival. I have also got about 8% discount with AAA (quoting AA membership No) registered against my booking. This is for 22 nights at AS Movies in August. Paying on Nationwide CC also gives you business rate exchange :thumbsup2

Sometimes Disney releases codes available to the general public which anyone can use.
The best place to check for these is on MouseSavers.com (nothing at the moment).
These codes can be for room-only or packages, and you can use them if you're from the UK. In fact last year I got 30% off the rack rate at Ft Wilderness using a code.

i called CRO (usa disney) last night,To book 3 rooms in aug at pop for 8 nights.
When asked for AAA(tripple A) number just quoted my AA number,there was no problem discount around 18% on usa price 13% on the price on disney.uk.
Paulh

Thanks for all the answers you have given me. I'll keep an eye out for the general codes from mousesaver, we are about to join the AA so that gives me another option as well.

I have been thinking of joining the aa just for the room discount, on a 6 night stay at a moderate for November it's a $200 saving, now im thinking I might go with a deluxe if I can get that sort of saving.

My question is, I have to give the aa number when booking right? so would the aa card have to be in my name? is your name on the aa card?
I'm thinking if I book with an aa number (hopefully I can find someone) then I have that discount locked in, but if an AP rate comes along later in the year I could change it to this.

So what I want to know is, can I book an aa rate with say a family members membership? that way I don't need to waste money buying the membership unless I can't get an AP rate.

Do you need to show the card on check-in?

Ok that was kind of long winded!!

thehails - codes are actually posted in the 'Update' box right here on the disboards home page. :D

penlanspice - I've just booked POFQ at AAA Rate. They ask for your AA number on booking, we have a joint card with both our signatures on. To be honest, I've never been asked to show the AA card when checking in so as long as you have a valid AA card I wouldn't worry too much about the name on it, as long as it has the name of someone in your party.

You could always use a family member's AA number to book, then if you don't get the AP rate, you would probably still have time to buy AA membership yourself before you travel.

Hope that makes sense! :rotfl:

so would the aa card have to be in my name? is your name on the aa card?

Do you need to show the card on check-in?

As long as one person in the party is in the AA you can use it,As you can get up 3 rooms this means any 1 from 12

You are surposed to show the card when checking in,if using AA card you just show the back with the ARC logo on

If you dont show any card if they ask they just charge you full rate

Paulh

You could always use a family member's AA number to book, then if you don't get the AP rate, you would probably still have time to buy AA membership yourself before you travel.

This is my plan, I checked over on the aa site and the cheapest membership is 29 pound and you can get 10 pound back in points from rpoints, so that would only make it 19 quid!
Hopefully I will be able to get an AP rate and add the dining with no tickets but at least I can have this as a back-up.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter